WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Finally getting through to the right person / dept on the second "redirect" today :)
(WBMT thread)

Its not only at Christmas time that miracles happen (y)

Amazon delivery arriving just before I head of for a shower!

Don't need a clock apparently, see wamt thread

Any indication of arrival time needed?

Nope

Reactions: Nod
We have a drawer in the freezer full of brambles we picked last August/September and today I made a batch of apple and bramble pies and we had one each with custard. They're lovely :D Tomorrow morning we'll be having a nice glass of cool bramble juice :D

I have no interest in football but Jurgen Klopp is a gent. His letter to the lad was brilliant.

Dave
Likewise football of no interest but we saw that as a news item yesterday and thought the same as you.

WCMUT

Well, everyday we see it.

The birds using the 'birdbath', especially the Blackbird. This morning it was the female and oh boy was it a vigorous and chucking about of the water one.

The reason I said 'birdbath' was that it is a sort of unofficial one.......we have a couple of large shallow pot trays we use to provide water to plants in hot weather when we ate away. Last year we just moved them and not put them away......so the gravel in them and a few leaves plus what with the rain the water is nice and clean and the birds just love.

The big WCMUT bonus for us is that it is approx 12feet from the kitchen window :D

WCMU..tonight.

Dianne Abbott has announced that she'll return to the backbenches after the new leader is elected.

I found a box of tea bags in the back of a cupboard. They're 5 years out of date but the tea seems fine. Mrs WW won't eat or drink anything that's out of date but I will :D I think tea will last forever wont it?

I found a box of tea bags in the back of a cupboard. They're 5 years out of date but the tea seems fine. Mrs WW won't eat or drink anything that's out of date but I will :D I think tea will last forever wont it?

BBE dates on foodstuffs all too often read as 'Use by'......this is wrong and frankly daft!

IMO products such as tea in the sealed laminate plastic bags should be fine for some years post BBE, however a taste test will inform you ;) because sealed or not there will be progressive changes which will inevitably affect flavour.

NB the above only applies to original sealed packages. Once opened......keep using until you notice a flavour change/loss.

PS the classic post BBE item is bread.....when a couple days beyond edible as fresh for sarnies ~ make toast :)

PS the classic post BBE item is bread.....when a couple days beyond edible as fresh for sarnies ~ make toast :)

And when it goes green, use it as an emergency sticking plaster... ;)

BBE dates on foodstuffs all too often read as 'Use by'......this is wrong and frankly daft!

IMO products such as tea in the sealed laminate plastic bags should be fine for some years post BBE, however a taste test will inform you ;) because sealed or not there will be progressive changes which will inevitably affect flavour.

NB the above only applies to original sealed packages. Once opened......keep using until you notice a flavour change/loss.

The only things I will throw out when out of date is meat (not beef), yogurts/milk & seafood. The rest is all done by eyes, nose & smell. Especially in winter, I store a lot of fruit and veg in garage in a wooden box - lasts weeks. Stuff there is in better condition 2-3 weeks later than something that has spent a week in the fridge.

Common sense, had some ham out of date on 22nd, didnt open it till 21st and was fine on 24th. Never understood dates on beef - it may not look great but keep it a few weeks past the date and it would be lovely!

We're vegi here so there's no off meat issues to worry about. I tend to look and sniff and taste and to be honest I'd even cut away a bit of mold if Mrs WW wasn't looking. She wont even put out of date stuff out for the birds. I will but in my defence I wont put anything out for the birds that I wouldn't eat.

We routinely have yoghurt and I don't remember any ever going off but we did have some milk go off the other week when the thermostat in the fridge accidentally got knocked.

Mrs WW is like the Stasi when it comes to stuff like this.

Yoghurt is already "gone off" milk! And cheese is dried and even more gone off. Blue cheese has gone rotten...

We routinely have yoghurt and I don't remember any ever going off but we did have some milk go off the other week when the thermostat in the fridge accidentally got knocked.

Mrs WW is like the Stasi when it comes to stuff like this.
surely yoghurt has already gone off?

Can yoghurt get worse? Too off to eat? Maybe. I use it for eggless pancakes and Mrs WW has it on fruit so it never hangs about long enough to go off.

The cheese I buy can sometimes start to go moldy but I just cut it off when she's not looking.

Can yoghurt get worse?
I've seen mold around the edge of a yogurt pot if I "forgot it was there"

And I've just finished a bottle of milk that was 8 days "over"
No floaters in the coffee so I guess it was OK (y)

:hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::LOL:

None of my food is around long enough to worry about Best Before Dates.

No floaters in the toilet pan neither, it all ran like clockwork. :)

None of my food is around long enough to worry about Best Before Dates.
I didn't know monkey nuts had "best before" Dates?

:p

Not today but yesterday. Mrs made pancakes, but she told me on Sunday she hated making them at point of eating as I get to eat them whilst she's still cooking them, first time she said that and she's been doing it for 40+ years, so she pre-made them yesterday afternoon before I got home and then re-heated them for tea, if anything better than eat at the time of cooking, she's happy too, so it looks like pancakes are still on the menu going forward :)

Oh and the Aortic scan, which my health service do as a routine procedure/test when you're 65 measured up at 1.5cm so they signed me off and never have to go back and highly unlikely to cause any problems in the future. Good news to hear.

Oh and the Aortic scan, which my health service do as a routine procedure/test when you're 65 measured up at 1.5cm so they signed me off and never have to go back and highly unlikely to cause any problems in the future. Good news to hear.

I got the letter last year (or was it late 2018?)

Simple straightforward test and well in the normal range (the sonographer did tell me the size but I cannot recall it), so like you 'signed off' in regards to any need for future re-tests :)

JDevine construction
Don't often feel the need to say anything good about developers
The high street through here is closed for work due to the massive amount of houses being built
At the end of the road I live in, there are 3 signs, telling traffic the road is closed and the diversion arrows
and of course the men at work one
That are right at the edge of a grass verge, making it impossible to see the traffic coming from the right without
sticking the bonnet of the car into the road.
Yesterday when I came back home, I phoned them and told them the problem, lady said she would pass it on,
which she di as I got a phone call from them, thanking for telling them of the problem and it would be sorted
Went out in the car earlier and the signs have been moved back from the road, so well done Devine

I managed to find a bar of Cadburys Old Jamaica chocolate today...... I hope it tastes as good as it was 10 years ago.......

Is it one of the relaunch bars, or one of the originals that was hiding in a cupboard?

Is it one of the relaunch bars, or one of the originals that was hiding in a cupboard?
relaunch..... smaller than the originals, different wrapper & probably more expensive too (I cannot remember how much they were 10 years ago)

JDevine construction
Don't often feel the need to say anything good about developers
The high street through here is closed for work due to the massive amount of houses being built
At the end of the road I live in, there are 3 signs, telling traffic the road is closed and the diversion arrows
and of course the men at work one
That are right at the edge of a grass verge, making it impossible to see the traffic coming from the right without
sticking the bonnet of the car into the road.
Yesterday when I came back home, I phoned them and told them the problem, lady said she would pass it on,
which she di as I got a phone call from them, thanking for telling them of the problem and it would be sorted
Went out in the car earlier and the signs have been moved back from the road, so well done Devine

A similar thing happened with us. A company were putting fibre in the road and adopting my outraged old fart position I decided it was going to cause a lot of problems - meaning it was going to cause a lot of problems for ME.

A couple of days after they had started a bloke knocked on the door and said that he was with the team doing the work, realised it might be a pain for residents and asked if we had any problems, or needed to particular access (eg big deliveries) to our house to let him know and they would sort it.

The team were excellent. We had no problems getting in and out and the relationship between us, and also I think our neighbours, and the workers was very good.

I thought it was a great example of just how important is good comminication.

Dave

Don't know if it cheered me up but it certainly made me chuckle.

At the petrol station, I'd parked in the disabled bay just to the right of the door and decided it was easier just to use a crutch rather than the chair. As I was coming out, a woman was parking her car to the left of mine (it's not actually a parking space) and very close to my car. It's just as well I wasn't using my chair otherwise she would have heard a few choice words!

The bit that made me chuckle? As she got out of her car to squeeze through the gap, I was approaching my driver's door which caused my wing mirrors to fold out! The look on her face as she had to turn around an walk around the back of her car did make me smile! :)

Back