WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Any idea how much is broadleaf and how much is conifers? Ireland had a huge percent of coniferous forests which are really poor for most wildlife.

Apologies for the delay, Kevin. I didn’t see an alert for this.

The answer is no, I have no idea. You’d think they’d have identified that aspect. I’ve done a Google but can’t find an answer.

This really made me laugh this morning.

On Sunday my wife and I are going to see the Black Dyke Band (brass band) at the Symphony Hall,Birmingham. It was formerly known as the Black Dyke Mills Band (Queensbury..W.Yorkshire) This morning she mentioned it to her forum friends and when she wrote Black Dyke Band the forum PC system (auto,I assume) kicked in and changed it to Black non-feminist Band....both :LOL: and :banghead:

Black non-feminist Band....both :LOL: and :banghead:
:LOL:
I wonder what it would make out of "Ladysmith Black Mambazo" cappella vocal group (Gracelands album) ?
:D

:LOL:
I wonder what it would make out of "Ladysmith Black Mambazo" cappella vocal group (Gracelands album) ?
:D

The mind boggles..I’ll ask her to try that. It will be tomorrow or Monday, though as she‘s gone to London with a friend to see the ballet..Beeping Sloopy..lol. I’m kidding. Sleeping Beauty. Not my scene. I’ll meet her in Birmingham tomorrow re the Black non- feminist Band...Lol..In the village I was brought up in we had a silver band. I’ve wanted to see the Black Dyke Band for a while. Another target.. Treorchy male voice choir.

Lots of things, my 4TB external hard disk arrived, 2 days early and put on the door step with no covering, so obvious what it was and still there when I got home, yesterday pulled the trigger and traded my Sprint for a Honda nc750xDCT, left the car boot open all last night, not just cracked open but fully open (and despite the downpour it was only mildly wet inside) but the fact the car was still there when I got up and all my biking gear in the boot was also there, my boy took delivery of a CB125R yesterday (which I didnt know he was getting) so he wants to go out riding with his old man (great news especially as the "new" bike is going to work so much better with him on a 125 more than the 1050 would have).
All in all a terrific day.

Helping a friend clear the last of the stuff from her son's house, outbuilding had stuff that needed taking to the dump.
A couple of years ago I bought a beanbag for the camera, I'd filled it with some very small polystyrene balls I had in something else but it never really worked and it seems the normal size beads are only available in huge amounts !!
In the summer house along with the rest of the junk was an unopened bag of them, so I bought i home and now have a usable bean bag for the hides (y)
I also have quite a large amount of the damn things I have no idea what to do with :rolleyes:

Helping a friend clear the last of the stuff from her son's house, outbuilding had stuff that needed taking to the dump.
A couple of years ago I bought a beanbag for the camera, I'd filled it with some very small polystyrene balls I had in something else but it never really worked and it seems the normal size beads are only available in huge amounts !!
In the summer house along with the rest of the junk was an unopened bag of them, so I bought i home and now have a usable bean bag for the hides (y)
I also have quite a large amount of the damn things I have no idea what to do with :rolleyes:
Make more bean bags and sell them.

Ha Ha that's sounds like a recipe for disaster, had enough of the damn things flying around the kitchen
when I filled up the bag I wanted them for.
Actually need to find someone that sells stuff and can use them for packing

Got the Honda NC750x DCT home in one piece, old plodders bike but it suits my needs. Bit slow on the Mway but makes for a nice relaxing ride instead of "having" to overtake everyone.

Ha Ha that's sounds like a recipe for disaster, had enough of the damn things flying around the kitchen
when I filled up the bag I wanted them for.
Actually need to find someone that sells stuff and can use them for packing

I bought a small(ish) bag of micro-beads for my home-made bean bag last year and after filling it had to get the vacuum cleaner to suck them off the kitchen units. The darned things have a life of their own..lol. The unused ones are in the bag in the garage attic as I’ve been told I’ll need to top up the bean bag now and then. They’d be a real hazard to sea-life too should they somehow end up there.

I bought a small(ish) bag of micro-beads for my home-made bean bag last year and after filling it had to get the vacuum cleaner to suck them off the kitchen units. The darned things have a life of their own..lol. The unused ones are in the bag in the garage attic as I’ve been told I’ll need to top up the bean bag now and then.

They certainly do what they want, no matter how careful you are, still finding them now.
I had a smaller type when I first got the bag and they never escaped, just didn't work that well
The ones I have now, normal size, don't seem to come out at all, no matter how much it's thrown about,
I use a belt clip to carry it attached to either me of the camera bag and haven't seen a trail left behind

I had an email earlier from Compare the market..
It seems I can save around £247 on my next car insurance renewal ..
That's pretty cool they are now paying ME to renew, as my current premium is nothing like that, its way lower .. (y)

I must remember to phone them and claim my discount :D

This made me chuckle. I've just ordered a storage trolley from Amazon and in the description was the following!

★【CONVENIENT INSTALLATION METHOD】The utility rolling cart trolley adopts a separate snap-on design, and the installation method is clear at a glance, even for ladies and the elderly can be installed quickly and easily.

:D :exit:

What's with the "elderly" bit, I'll be resembling that remark soon.

A bit of good customer service

Jan 2019 I bought an Amazon Basics Crosscut shredder. It's worked beautifully till this morning when I decided to shred yet another pile of old records { Sheets of A4 paper] I'd last used it in December when I'd put out into my Paper bin a couple of shredder bin loads of bits.

Today - it wasn't interested in working - put it into reverse and it worked - no jam spotted then.

Switched it off and back on [ after a cup of coffee ] and the same problem- won't shred . Tried all the suggestions in the manual.

Gave up and contacted the Amazon Chat service.

After redoing all that I had done - they agreed - it wasn't working as it should do.

I'm getting a new shredder and labels to send the old one back FOC . OH and given any luck the new one will be with me tomorrow .

To be fair when ever I've had a problem with an amazon item ( which is quite rare )
"Chat" has always resolved the problem PDQ (y)

I've never had to use it before - never had a problem with Amazon stuff .

I was really impressed - mind you failing like that at a few days over a year old had not impressed me one little bit.

eft the car boot open all last night, not just cracked open but fully open (and despite the downpour it was only mildly wet inside) but the fact the car was still there when I got up

Got home from work the other day and couldn't find my keys anywhere, silly b*****ks here had only gone and left them in the outside of the door for a full 12 hours.

Ah yes, a missing comma can make a huge difference! :LOL:

"Come on England" smacks of Onanism when compared to "Come on, England" and as for poor old Eileen...

Got home from work the other day and couldn't find my keys anywhere, silly b*****ks here had only gone and left them in the outside of the door for a full 12 hours.

Been there, done that, and overnight too :eek:
That said I often forget to lock the door anyway

A bit of good customer service

Jan 2019 I bought an Amazon Basics Crosscut shredder. It's worked beautifully till this morning when I decided to shred yet another pile of old records { Sheets of A4 paper] I'd last used it in December when I'd put out into my Paper bin a couple of shredder bin loads of bits.

Today - it wasn't interested in working - put it into reverse and it worked - no jam spotted then.

Switched it off and back on [ after a cup of coffee ] and the same problem- won't shred . Tried all the suggestions in the manual.

After redoing all that I had done - they agreed - it wasn't working as it should do.

I'm getting a new shredder and labels to send the old one back FOC . OH and given any luck the new one will be with me tomorrow .

And a follow up - my new shredder has arrived and I have 30 days to return the busted one :)

So as it's once more belting down I do not need to go out just now and post it - and it's not a light parcel !!

It has to be admitted - that's excellent service - Good for you Amazon

WCMUT, police on M25 this morning making 3 lane joggers move out of the middle and outside lane. Unsurprisingly all three guilty parties were driving BMW's.

WCMUT, police on M25 this morning making 3 lane joggers move out of the middle and outside lane. Unsurprisingly all three guilty parties were driving BMW's.

Blimey I've never seen joggers on the M25 o_O

Not me.

Good day today. Put up 2 new lights in the Hall and one 6 spotlight in the kitchen, but fiddly but ok. Reckon that means I can go for a ride tomorrow if the weather is good.
All LED so feel I'm doing my bit for the Planet, replaced really old tungsten/halogen units.

Finding a Sportbrake S 3 litre to replace my current car. Picking it up later this week/early next. Plenty of 2.2s around in lower spec but this one has all the right toys and a few more ponies available.

Listening to the BBC 1.00pm news today and the presenter was asking a couple who are on the cruise ship, Diamond Princess..3700 passengers, moored off Japan and 10 passengers have the Corona virus. The authorities there won't let passengers disembark and they (the passengers) are confined to their cabins for 14 days. The couple who were interviewed said they were ok as they have a balcony,TV and books. The food isn't so good ..it was first class up to that point (in the dining rooms) but they weren't atall worried but had sympathy for passengers occupying inside cabins. What made me smile was that the presenter couldn't get a negative word out of the husband so she asked his wife.."Is there anything you're worried about ?'..No,not really as my husband said, we have a balcony, a large screen tv and several books" The presenter then asked her if they'd get on each others nerves couped up like that. No..we've together for ..whatever number of years..40-odd,I think.The presenter ended the interview with clear disappointment in her voice and then said to a BBC reporter in the ..eg a travel correspondent, that it was early days for them and that thgey may not feel the same after 2 weeks.

Another passenger speaking.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-51381594

I was interviewed (out on the Plains) in the US in the middle of a lightning storm for a storm chase programme and I was asked,amongst other questions, if was ever frightened. Dumb question. "No- I'm fascinated with the mechanics and dynamics of the storms" I was told that the editor would bin it as talking about the dynamics and mechanics of storms doesn't make for good tv it seems. They got their own back.:) I've seen the programme and I was shown leaving my position on the edge of a field to go to the van with my camcorder to renew the batteries. The TV programme narrator said the storm was dangerous and it "was all too much for some" I live in hope (so does a near neighbour) that something happens in the road I live in and 'they' come knocking with a camera crew for an interview.

WCMUY was glancing up at the sky at just the right moment to see the ISS on its pass. Pure chance - although I have an app on my phone, I haven't looked at it for a while (or hadn't until I checked last evening after the ISS had gone invisible to make sure it was that not another satellite!)

When I was in hospital just before Christmas, they weighed me and I was 14st 2lbs. We had already made the decision to change our diets to be more healthy, especially with my diabetes diagnosis. I weighed myself this morning.......13st 0lbs! :)

My wife and her ex work colleagues..all moved on..decided to have a meet down here yesterday .The lady from Scotland thought better of flying to Birmingham and being collected by another friend And didn’t make the journey. They’d rented an Airbnb in the Cottewolds..a 16th century Manor House..we have a few of those down here.but a bit cold,said my wife and the plan was to have breakfast this morning then leave late morning to come to our home for lunch. However, the weather conditions were worsening so they all left for home 11.00am from the accommodation. The Midlands, Cardiff, Herefordshire. The upshot is that I now have a large salted caramel cheese cake and a mid-sized short crust cherry pie along with a large..600ml..carton of double cream...:D It’s great having guests. We don’t usually have cake like this.

Just as an aside. Ladies will have get-togethers like this but you don’t often hear of men doing it. Are women more sociable ? My wife has a monthly restaurant visit with two local long-time friends. They’ve built up quite a knowledge of the good,the bad and the ugly of restaurants.

Back