WCMUT....what cheered me up today

My dentist LOVES toffees. Doesn't eat them himself but enjoys the income they bring him!

A few years back my wife had to visit the dentist after breaking a tooth while eating peanut brittle. The dentist suggested she contact the manufacturer to complain, to which she replied it was home made :rolleyes:

WCMUET (Every Thursday) is/will be Wagamama's click and collect service. Mrs Nod teaches via Zoom from her studio in the centre of town so I combine picking her up after her last class with collecting our supper from the branch 150m or so from the studio. I usually see 2 or 3 other people on the way to/from picking it up and the collection is as safe as it can be with regard to contact. Looking forward to my Chilli Squid and Pad-Tai later.

My dentist LOVES toffees. Doesn't eat them himself but enjoys the income they bring him!

I've stopped going to the dentist as I'm sure he caused damage.

When trying to look into all this I googled my way to a report for the then government which was frightening... and I'd advise anyone who has issues or even those who go to the dentist for regular checkups every 6 months to look at the possible negative effects.

I'll go if I develop a problem but the regular checkups are a thing of the past for me.

WCMUT

The full refund from the seller in my WAMT ... eventually! :banana:

Just left this positive feedback in the hope it will stay!

"Dangerous illegal useless string lights finally refunded after 4 messages." :D

Last edited:
Are you sending them back, or have they just left you with the WEEE disposal responsibility?

Fast, friendly and efficient service from AO. Arrived at 7.25 this morning, installed the oven and hob and left at 8.05 and that was after finding that the guy who installed the old oven had done a bit of a bodge job!

Are you sending them back, or have they just left you with the WEEE disposal responsibility?

No mention of them arranging collection ...

... so I am disposing of the unopened set to trading standards and may have a go at putting a proper mains lead and plug on the opened set.

No mention of them arranging collection ...

... so I am disposing of the unopened set to trading standards and may have a go at putting a proper mains lead and plug on the opened set.
I saw yesterday that Tesco had all their festive lights on sale at half price (for black friday?), so if you're looking for some outdoor ones with sensible lead lengths and wiring, that might be another option.

Back in the gym again. Some of the equipment rearranged again so there is even more room than before as well as mixing some of the weight training and cardio equipment to prevent one area becoming over crowded. The month off also seems to have eased a shoulder injury. :)
Only thing that didn't cheer me up, lost about 10lbs, but at least it isn't 21lbs like last time. :(

Back in the gym again.
I know it’ll vary from gym to gym but have you had to change how or what you do? I haven’t stepped foot in the gym since March, when I’d just restarted my couch to 5k running. I’ve been doing workouts at home and bought some Powerblock dumbbells.

I know it’ll vary from gym to gym but have you had to change how or what you do? I haven’t stepped foot in the gym since March, when I’d just restarted my couch to 5k running. I’ve been doing workouts at home and bought some Powerblock dumbbells.
No change really, I train Monday to Friday, different body parts each day. But as I will only get 3 workouts this week, I did most of my upper body today, it'll be legs tomorrow then shoulders on Friday. Next week I will return to my normal workouts.

I saw yesterday that Tesco had all their festive lights on sale at half price (for black friday?), so if you're looking for some outdoor ones with sensible lead lengths and wiring, that might be another option.

Please, please don't encourage people to adorn the outside of their house with these garish lights.:D

I stepped outside,at the front, last night and three houses nearby have got them going on and off. Next door has a small cherry tree adorned with them.There's a turning area of a Close behind us so I can see into it from the back bedroom as there's no house directly behind us .The house on the end facing back up the close has got horrendously bright lights..blueish-white across the front, fixed to the porch and garage facia, infact, so many close together it resembles a waterfall. At least they're not flashing. A case of being thankful for small mercies,I suppose :rolleyes: Beyond them more houses adorned with lights and one has a flashing Father Christmas in the window I better re-phrase that. Has a Father Christmas with flashing lights on him. It must be people trying to give everyone a lift (as they see it) during these Covid times because it's usually been just a couple of houses that had them. The proliferation is quite noticeable. I pointed it out to my wife who told me not to be such a misery :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Sky
Please, please don't encourage people to adorn the outside of their house with these garish lights.:D
In my defence, they'd already decided to do it. I was just making sure the illumination was garish, and not fiery. Burning 1.gif

The proliferation is quite noticeable. I
I'm with you John (y) the house opposite would put Blackpool illuminations to shame :(

Not put a 'like' Heather..Mmm. Not sure. A blue tree ? Or maybe that's the camera as the lights look white.Well, I guess I just don't like these festive lights.:D

Not put a 'like' Heather..Mmm. Not sure. A blue tree ? Or maybe that's the camera as the lights look white.Well, I guess I just don't like these festive lights.:D

Thanks John, at least you didn't put a dislike! :)

Taken with my phone so WB well out. The tree has white lights and the rest are warm white, all steady on with no flashing.

Opposite me has three lots of flashing multicolour lights, a tree and a projection light with rotating snowmen ...

"Opposite me has three lots of flashing multicolour lights, a tree and a projection light with rotating snowmen ."

I'd be drawing our curtains, Heather...:LOL:

I stepped outside,at the front, last night and three houses nearby have got them going on and off. Next door has a small cherry tree adorned with them.There's a turning area of a Close behind us so I can see into it from the back bedroom as there's no house directly behind us .The house on the end facing back up the close has got horrendously bright lights..blueish-white across the front, fixed to the porch and garage facia, infact, so many close together it resembles a waterfall. At least they're not flashing. A case of being thankful for small mercies,I suppose :rolleyes: Beyond them more houses adorned with lights and one has a flashing Father Christmas in the window I better re-phrase that. Has a Father Christmas with flashing lights on him. It must be people trying to give everyone a lift (as they see it) during these Covid times because it's usually been just a couple of houses that had them. The proliferation is quite noticeable. I pointed it out to my wife who told me not to be such a misery :D
Lots of houses around our way have been putting up lights and decorations for several weeks now so parents can take their kids around to see them and cheer them up. Also some are using it to raise money for local charities.
We had one local house that put on a week long display leading up to Halloween, posing a few skeletons doing different activities in their front garden, they raised almost £8k from donations.

I have an air rifle if it helps?
:D
My initial thought (what a bad badger!) until I realised that this sudden deflation would probably be classed as criminal damage, and Christmas dinner in the clink for a 'firearms' offence wouldn't be as tasty (or as boozy!) as the one I've hopefully got planned. So I'll leave such 'festive' scenes well alone.... and if it gives someone some form of pleasure, then that's their issue to deal with!

Merry Christmas one and all. :)

Last edited:
My initial thought (what a bad badger!) until I realised that this sudden deflation would probably be classed as criminal damage,
Fast deflation wold be a 12 bore noisy too
A silence air rifle would just create a small puncture aka slow deflation (y)

I only have a .22 PCP with silencer, which would probably rip half of frostie's back out on the first shot, so I'll leave this contract to you (if you can find a .177 'plinker'). :whistle:

I am of course joking and have absolutely no intention of harming (or encouraging harm to) any plastic inflatable Xmas objects, just in case anyone of a sensitive nature is concerned. (y)

Any joking aside, these sort of Xmas decorations tend to bring out my 'Martin Parr' type side and make me want to photograph them as social documentary. Damn... I now feel almost compelled to do so! :banghead:

Last edited:
Seeing an MPB post on new posts, opening and seeing Les has commented on it slating them... Love it (although I disagree with him(

My initial thought (what a bad badger!) until I realised that this sudden deflation would probably be classed as criminal damage, and Christmas dinner in the clink for a 'firearms' offence wouldn't be as tasty (or as boozy!) as the one I've hopefully got planned. So I'll leave such 'festive' scenes well alone.... and if it gives someone some form of pleasure, then that's their issue to deal with!

Merry Christmas one and all. :)

Exactly :LOL:

But life is such that there's a neighbour looking out of a window just as the dastardly deed is being carried out. Reporting the sight of a firearm would elicit a very fast response and one would be left wondering where ever did all those police cars come from because I haven't seen one for..well..quite a long time... :D

Last edited:
I loved this story which I read in my newspaper. Yes, I'm one of the fast-diminishing number of readers of the printed word..:)

An Italian, called Ferruccio, who owned a tractor factory, bought a Ferrrari. He was not a good driver and kept burning out the clutch and after the fourth one he asked his mechanics to look at it rather than take it to the Ferrari factory. To his surprise they found that Ferrari were installing the exact same clutch in their cars as he used for his tractors but 100 times more expensive. He complained about this to Enzo Ferrari, who laughed that he was just a farmer. Ferrucio was furious..so much so that he decided to build his own sports car just to prove a point and he gave it his family name.....Lamborghini. :)

I loved this story which I read in my newspaper. Yes, I'm one of the fast-diminishing number of readers of the printed word..:)

An Italian, called Ferruccio, who owned a tractor factory, bought a Ferrrari. He was not a good driver and kept burning out the clutch and after the fourth one he asked his mechanics to look at it rather than take it to the Ferrari factory. To his surprise they found that Ferrari were installing the exact same clutch in their cars as he used for his tractors but 100 times more expensive. He complained about this to Enzo Ferrari, who laughed that he was just a farmer. Ferrucio was furious..so much so that he decided to build his own sports car just to prove a point and he gave it his family name.....Lamborghini. :)
A similar story in the UK, with a tractor factory owner making prestige sports cars when David Brown (of David Brown Tractors) bought Aston Martin, and then Lagonda; and that's where the 'DB' initials come from for the Aston Martin model names.

Just got this weeks payslip, includes, the remainder of 2020 holiday pay. That should cover Christmas, 4 new tyres for the car, might even treat the car to a new wheel as well to use as a full sized spare.

But life is such that there's a neighbour looking out of a window just as the dastardly deed is being carried out.
Middle of the night would work for me (y)

A similar story in the UK, with a tractor factory owner making prestige sports cars when David Brown (of David Brown Tractors) bought Aston Martin, and then Lagonda; and that's where the 'DB' initials come from for the Aston Martin model names.
Another useless piece of information,
In the early days Aston martins were built very local to me. It was founded in 1913 by Lionel Martin and Robert Bamford.
They used to test them by running them up Aston Clinton ( Bucks) hill.

The road cars used to be road tested up and back down the M1 at dead of night. Rumours of the local chief constable driving fresh Astons remain unconfirmed!

Back