WCMUT....what cheered me up today

OH MY !! I've just had the first slice of the Christmas cake -- that is really a Christmas cake - full of fruit , wonderful flavour - very very yummy and addictive

My sister gave us a home made one and one bought from M&S too. I asked her why she'd bought one when she'd made one for us and she just said "I couldn't resist." Hers are better than this M&S one.

Posting my Home test virus off yesterday, but what has made my day right now is.

I just let rip and it stinks like hell, so I now have my smell back :banana:

Well, that's one way to test :D

PS.
Best not strike any matches for a while.

Yesterday... We watched Fight Club which I hadn't see for years... and I just howled with laughter. It's not a comedy as such :D but it does have some very funny scenes especially the mischief scenes... the smiley building, the vandalism of public art and destruction of a coffee shop scene, and especially the panic leaflets on the plane :D Maybe I was just in the mood for a good laugh but I was just helpless with laughing at it :D

If anyone like me hasn't seen it for years it's worth a watch :D

I'll recommend two very different films that I recorded earlier and watched last night: "Hang 'em High" and "The Amazing Mr Blunden".

Yesterday... We watched Fight Club which I hadn't see for years... and I just howled with laughter. It's not a comedy as such :D but it does have some very funny scenes especially the mischief scenes... the smiley building, the vandalism of public art and destruction of a coffee shop scene, and especially the panic leaflets on the plane :D Maybe I was just in the mood for a good laugh but I was just helpless with laughing at it :D

If anyone like me hasn't seen it for years it's worth a watch :D

Isn't that breaking the first rule?

Posting my Home test virus off yesterday, but what has made my day right now is.

I just let rip and it stinks like hell, so I now have my smell back :banana:

Getting my Result through saying Negative.

Very strange though my smell/taste has gone again.

Very strange though my smell/taste has gone again.

Could still be the effects of your previous bout of covid, seems it takes a while for everything to get back
to normal after you've had it

I've just insured my MX5 for less than I paid last year, only £15+change less but every little helps and goes towards paying for something else :D This years price is £129.01.

And another thing...

I've just spoken to an adviser and he gave sensible advice over the phone about my company pension options. I had expected just to make an appointment but he just advised away and no charge. They charged my sister and her hubby for the same thing so maybe they thought they'd made enough out of us.

Ordered a book at the weekend, delivered today, and a 35% discount on the price from an offer I missed applying, book looks good so far.

Just had confirmation that MiL's 2nd jab is going ahead on Saturday.

Breakfast.

Breakfast goes on for hours in our house :D Today it consisted of home made fruit bread (I made that) and a choice of home made jam, orange and pineapple or blueberry. I had both but my favourite by far is the orange and pineapple and it is by far the best jam/marmalade I've ever tasted. I wonder if it's jam or marmalade. I'll have to look pineapple up and see which it is :D

Probably marmalade since it contains citrus. Then again, I've just finished a jar of "Mixed Citrus Jam" which was pretty much mixed peel chunks in sugar syrup!

Googling shows both pineapple jam and marmalade.

It doesn't matter, I'd just like to know :D

I'd lean towards marmalade but I could be wrong :D

Doesn't help that marmalade translates to jam in a few languages.

Pineapple jam with no citrus would be jam, it's the citrus element that might make it marmalade. As long as it tastes good, who cares what label it's given! (Also just finished a small jar of olive jam. Sounds weird [which is why I only bought 1 small jar!] but was absolutely delicious. Just need to wait until we can get back to Crete, then try to remember which shop it came from!!!)

You could always make some...

Mrs WW makes hers in my bread maker.

PS.
I agree on the jam/marmalade definition. Perhaps as this has orange in it the marmalade tag is sort of justified :D

Last edited:
Doesn't help that marmalade translates to jam in a few languages.

Pineapple jam with no citrus would be jam, it's the citrus element that might make it marmalade. As long as it tastes good, who cares what label it's given! (Also just finished a small jar of olive jam. Sounds weird [which is why I only bought 1 small jar!] but was absolutely delicious. Just need to wait until we can get back to Crete, then try to remember which shop it came from!!!)

Yep, in Spanish they are all mermelada.

Just finished my 3 nights and needed to stay up to get my body clock back on day times so decided to wash the car, its a little thing but it's the first car Ive had for some time I actually really like!

01dirt by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

01clean by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Just finished my 3 nights and needed to stay up to get my body clock back on day times so decided to wash the car, its a little thing but it's the first car Ive had for some time I actually really like!

01dirt by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

01clean by Donnie Canning, on Flickr
I love the transformation. I really like the Skoda SUVs, but would it not be safer to obscure your number plates before posting an image on a public forum? You might find you start receiving 'tickets' from all over the country.

I love the transformation. I really like the Skoda SUVs, but would it not be safer to obscure your number plates before posting an image on a public forum? You might find you start receiving 'tickets' from all over the country.
I've never understood people blanking out their plates to be honest

I've never understood people blanking out their plates to be honest
Villains use the registration details of car photos harvested online to have fake plates made up. It means they can ignore speed cameras and other ANPR systems with impunity, leaving the original owners to defend their innocence .

There was a news story recently discussing the ease with which it is possible to have a set of plates made up without having any proof of id.

Last edited:
The smell of boeuf Bourguignon drifting through from the kitchen.

Fixing a broken four way socket plug. OK: it's now a three way socket plug but then, I've always thought that the search for perfection is the enemy of success...

Multi socket reoair GZ7 P1140563.jpg

Finding a small KitchenAid food processor in stock somewhere and it being significantly reduced in price to boot. Reputable supplier.

ETA... Now an annoyance - not available!

Last edited:
Mrs WW seems to have perfected the art of making home made icecream and the last batch of chocolate chip was perfect and we got a whole packet of chocolate chip in the mix and it ended up with much more chocolate chip per portion than the shop bought stuff. The only thing is that it's not soft scoop and is frozen when you get it out of the freezer so there's a frustrating wait until we can eat it. You can however eat it straight from the machine with no waiting :D

This is the icecream maker, it's only a cheap one but it seems to work perfectly.

Tempted? :D

Other than that.

For breakfast we had home made vegi pancakes and for dinner it was vegi sausage and mince, mixed veg and jacket wedges in onion gravy.

Oh, and I got a new integrated amplifier for my hifi set up.

Life is good :D

Ordered something on Wednesday. Confirmation email said delivery would be by Hermes... Just had an email from Hermes telling me that the parcel will be here between 14:00 and 16:00. Fingers crossed! To be fair, the normal Hermes guy here is pretty good.

Well, I reckon 15:00 was smack, bang in the middle of the delivery window and that's when it arrived.
All 8 corners of the box undamaged and no holes in the cardboard.
I'm sure Hermes deserve some of the stick they get but they seem OK here. Parcel came down from Cumbria.

3 times a day, after meals!!!

Back