WCMUT....what cheered me up today

WCMUT was having a steroid injection in my shoulder, so no more pain :)
Which reminds me of a story that my brother likes to tell.
He had been suffering from tennis elbow for sometime, eventually he went to the Drs who gave him that jab.

About a year later the pain returned, so he went back to the Drs who offered him a steroid injection.
My brother said "no bloody fear" I had one before and it soddin' well hurt.

The Dr said "oh that's a shame they don't hurt when done correctly, who did it?"

Without missing a beat, my brother said "you f*****g did!"

:D

How to shut up loud mouthed neighbor in their garden?

Scottish weather, it is now peeing it down! :D

Getting 2 coats on the kitchen ceiling today. Hoping to wake early tomorrow so I can do the walls - or at least the top 1/2 of them!

AND the thought of a week of eating out and take-aways while the new kitchen's being fitted. :D

Accepted an offer on our house. :cool: (can now look around properly & actually start viewing)

Getting 2 coats on the kitchen ceiling today. Hoping to wake early tomorrow so I can do the walls - or at least the top 1/2 of them!
I read that twice at Goats and thought WTF?

You get a lot for your money here in Scotland ;)
Just sort the weather out would you? thanks (y)

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Two of my favourite meats on holiday! Bit of a shame that (phonetically) young goat is "catsickie" (actually katsiki) but I don't let that put me off!

Managed to get 2 goats on the walls today so we're all set.

young goat is "catsickie"
Funny, I ordered a "lamb stew" type meal ( I can't remember what it was called though) when I was out there some years ago ...
And I'm bloody sure it was goat. It was nice enough though (y)

Lamb and young goat were fairly interchangeable when we started visiting Crete 20 or so years ago but now lamb is usually either lamb or slightly older wether (presumably - it doesn't taste strongly enough to be entire ram!) and goat is pretty much always listed as such on menus. The sheep over there look more like goats than our traditional British breeds of sheep! All are delicious!

Did you pay extra for unsha...... (edited for decency's sake!)

Did you pay extra for unsha...... (edited for decency's sake!)
LOL I didn't even know the option was there TBH :D

Look for "No speshal sosss" on the menu!

She could - but she ain't gonna!

WCMUT : It looks like Making Tax Digital is dead in the water. I can stop planning a new career now.

Only 100 metres but still cheered me up - lidless on the bike!

Trainyson Trainy?

My 5 year old daughter today, letting go of her vice like grip around my neck grip when we go "swimming" and despite having armbands on, realising she can take her feet off the bottom and self propel by "digging" with her hands :banana:. Just as well my face was already wet. :whistle:

After the vendor of a property kept saying our offers weren't quite enough (slightly increasing each time over a 3 week timescale) but refusing to even give her estate agent an idea of her bottom line + not returning calls for days at a time,:mad: I got peed off!

Luckily though a new listing came up yesterday, so we viewed today, put in an offer directly with the owner (on the proviso other viewings were cancelled & it was taken off the for sale market) it was accepted, :cool: Listed & sold in 24 hrs. :jawdrop:
Wish the actual sale would be so swift, but in the lap of the gods solicitors now, so we should be settled in before Christmas. :rolleyes:

Which one Carl? :D

I've literally JUST 20 mins ago been having a natter with our purchaser (he only lives around the corner) & he was saying the couple who are buying his have just got married & gone on honeymoon to the USofA for 3 weeks :kiss: but after that the guy (who is a squaddie, or ex squaddie) .... is doing the coast to coast in aid of Help for Heroes! They are away for nearly 6 weeks apparently. FFS. :tumbleweed:

Good job we aren't in any sort of rush eh :rolleyes:

Good job we aren't in any sort of rush eh :rolleyes:
FFS! Still, that seems about the time-scale that solicitors work with. :D

Fingers cross for you Carl :)

WCMUT?
Laying turf in the rain, the rain was incidental, but saved me getting the hose out, it was hissing down, about half way through ...
Very satisfying, followed by a hot shower and then admiring my handy work :)

Back