WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Open day (afternoon) at work to celebrate 50yrs. Started off with a couple of laps on the test track in a new Mustang 5.0 GT. Then a look around the design studio, something people, other than those who work in the design studio, rarely get to see. Displays of lots of cars that the place had been responsible for designing or working on. Paul Swift stunt driving display on the test track and in an arena set up in one of the car parks. A few freebies of posters and a large hardback book on the Ford GT and Le Mans.

WCMUT was getting home with the cat after her hotel stay (and our holiday.) She wasn't happy about being in her basket and in the car but was very happy (and still is) about being home.

69 days...

WCMUT was that after almost 3 weeks without touching a club, I managed 2 rounds (OK, it's a baby 9 hole course so 2 rounds is only one full 18!) in 85 shots. Bearing in mind that I play off 28, that give me a nett 57 on a 66 shot course. 43 out and 42 back in, 22 and 23 Stableford points respectively. 2 "2"s as well. The back 9 equals my best round so far. I should go on holiday more often!!!

WCMUT was that after almost 3 weeks without touching a club, I managed 2 rounds (OK, it's a baby 9 hole course so 2 rounds is only one full 18!) in 85 shots. Bearing in mind that I play off 28, that give me a nett 57 on a 66 shot course. 43 out and 42 back in, 22 and 23 Stableford points respectively. 2 "2"s as well. The back 9 equals my best round so far. I should go on holiday more often!!!
Bandit?

I wish! Never had 2 rounds as good as this back to back and rarely meet 18 points/9.

New BBQ arrived today, so just need the sunshine back. :cool: :beer:

bbq1-gif.104712

Last edited:
Well, looking at the weather forecast, you'll have plenty of opportunity to become proficient in that Great British tradition of flipping burgers with your right hand, while holding a golf brolly in your left (as your diners peer at you through the lashing rain from the safety of the back door).

Well, looking at the weather forecast, you'll have plenty of opportunity to become proficient in that Great British tradition of flipping burgers with your right hand, while holding a golf brolly in your left (as your diners peer at you through the lashing rain from the safety of the back door).

Yeah, a poor forecast, so.............. I've just ordered a cover for it. :rolleyes:

Ordered something 14:55 yesterday from the Bay, just before the claimed cut of time for "dispatch today"
It arrived via Hermes 11:55 this morning.
Can't fault that!

Popped in to Jessops today to have a look at the Fuji XT-20 as will be getting one in September, talked with the bloke saying I would be trading it my Sigma 150-600mm and dock plus my Canon 100mm IS L lens, and he said if they are as good as I say then it might work out that I hardly have to pay a penny :banana::banana:

Drove through light drizzle to get to golf, walked down through mizzle and had a cup of coffee then teed off in the dry and it stayed dry all the way round twice. Perfect temperature for short sleeves too!

Waiting for qualifying to start at Brands Hatch this morning and an unexpected Spitfire turns up for a couple of fly pasts and a barrel roll before flying off again.(y)

Weather was on my side today at a garden centre in Sussex, setup near their bird feeding station area.

The birds are very used to people, so they were coming & going almost within arms reach. A great joy for me to see and hear them so close by :D

Glorious hot sunshine. F1 cars. Nascars Rally cars. Touring cars. Sports cars. Supercars. Burning rubber. Smell of race fuel. Typhoon air display.
Lord March puts on a bloody good days entertainment.

New premises.
New office.
New desk.
But above all, new aircon. :)
Loving this job.

The ease with which a few Ikea shelving modules went together as singles then joined as a stack of 4 then went against the wall. Took about 5 minutes to assemble each "cube" then a couple of minutes to assemble them into a stack. Fitting to the wall to a little longer since I wanted to do it "belt and braces" so fixed each block to the wall rather than just the bottom and 3rd up.

Also managed to get the wall unit down in the kitchen so I can do some painting before the new kitchen goes in. I need to get a patch of plaster (35 or so years old but still bare!) sealed, primed and painted to match the rest of the kitchen so want to get a head start so it's cured before the 17th.

Just spotted 3 Red Kites turning in a thermal above the estate, grabbed the bins and watched until they moved out of sight. Superb sight :)

EE technical help (y)
Talking to someone the other day, my signal kept cutting out because they were doing work on the mast.
Someone said why didn't I switch to wifi calling WTF :thinking:
Did some research and found it but couldn't get it to work, so yersterday I called EE and spoke to very nice lady who talked me through turning it
on and said if it didn't work within 24 hours email her.
So I did earlier and she has now sorted it for me painlessly, really can't praise them enough, everytime I have had to get in touch they have been great (y)

Last edited:
So why the (n) ?

For the same reason my PDA logged me out and I couldn't remember my pin, is called getting old
seeing as I can't blame predictive text :p

For the same reason my PDA logged me out and I couldn't remember my pin, is called getting old
seeing as I can't blame predictive text :p

Apparently the correct PC phrase these days is CRAFT.

( Can't Remember A F'kin Thing :D )

Rain! Beautiful cool rain!! :D:D:D

Back