WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Reuniting a lost dog with it's owner, is that a real special delivery :D
Great to see the relief on the owners face when I drove up with the dog in the van :)

Had to deliver to the house today.
Lady of the house came out to say thank you, I'd left the door of the van open, after having a fuss, the dog
jumped in the van and sat waiting for me :LOL:

£70.40 on the Euromillions.
Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. :)

Not having to get up at some god forsaken hour to go to work tomorrow, or the next day, or the next day.................................................................:banana:

An enjoyable and informative day with the local BikeSafe team. £35 well spend - incredibly good value and I would recommend the course to anyone who rides a (motor)bike.

Changing a relay in my car. It was a pig to get out that required removal of a third of the dashboard and breaking the clips that held it in. Took me about 3 hours. You'd have thought fitting a new one would be easy but I still had to remove the other relays to get it in.

Changing a relay in my car. It was a pig to get out that required removal of a third of the dashboard and breaking the clips that held it in. Took me about 3 hours. You'd have thought fitting a new one would be easy but I still had to remove the other relays to get it in.
And that cheered you up?!?! Strange chap....

My dad bought a mobility scooter, but has nowhere to store it in his flat, he has a garage on block but no electricity so cant charge it in there. Looked like we were going to have to somehow get the batteries out every day (and there are 2 car sized batteries) to charge them overnight and then get them back in again (daily) so I was looking at some sort of ramp to get the scooter to waist height as he's 89 and cant bend too well and he's not close enough to us for us to get over to him daily.
Whilst chatting to one of his neighbours he mentioned he'd have to get a ramp etc and they immediately said they would run a cable from their house into his garage (which backs onto their place) so he wouldnt need to bother with all that faff, wouldnt take a penny for their trouble or accept any payment for the electricity either.
There really are some decent, kind hearted people in this world of ours.
Matt

ps they have now done it and it's working perfectly.

Discovering that a Mercedes key fob/plipper is waterproof enough to go through a washing machine cycle! (Oops!!!)

WCMUT...a rather substantial refund of charges from my bank, out of the blue, without even putting in a claim. :D

There really are some decent, kind hearted people in this world of ours.
Matt

Yeah, given an opportunity, most people will fall into this category but circumstances and chance seem to militate against it.

After 6 weekends, the removal of the wall between kitchen and dining room, and the mini kitchen makeover, is complete. :)

Notified of a 2 hour delay on our flight down from Glasgow this evening, getting to the airport and being given the chance of a taxi transfer to Edinburgh for a flight one hour after ours should have gone. I've been home for half an hour and our original flight has just landed. It took off nearly 3 1/2 hours late. So happy we weren't on it :)

Got my car back with a nice new clutch. Mitsubishi were obviously very confident in the longevity of it as they omitted any details about working on it from the Service Manual. Should be good for another 20 years then!

Watching my mother in law trying to get the cat to ‘sit’ and she’s doing it sweriously

WCMUT: the idiot van driver right behind me who was more interested in reading his clipboard than watching me. Traffic was heavy - about 10mph. I indicated left and pulled into a parking bay on the street and stopped. He followed me into it and the look of shock on his face was priceless when he realised where he was when I got out [emoji3]

WCMUT? Glorious sunshine so I took the old girl out topless. Not only that but Mrs Nod let me drive her!

TheOldGirl.jpg

You're not mistaken - good spot!!!
Wanted to get up there on the 5th since it would have been Dad's 84th birthday and he and Mum are sprinkled up there. Couldn't bend enough due to bad back (could just about get in and out of mine but only if absolutely necessary!)
Chuffing chilly, despite the thermometer in the car telling us it was 9*C. Lunch at Ullacombe Farm, just down from Hay Tor.

More a case of What Shocked Me Yesterday and shocked in a nice way too. It's been wage negotiation time and after an initial offer last month that the union turned down, a very decent offer has been made which the union have recommended acceptance. No strings attached neither. I might just get myself another car. ;)

I might just get myself another car.
No wonder new cars are so damned expensive, if your pay rise allows you to buy one :p

No wonder new cars are so damned expensive, if your pay rise allows you to buy one :p
Or, new cars are so damn cheap if my pay rise allows me to buy one. It'd only be on PCP anyway so not really buying it outright.

Power cut at work, got the morning off to get some tasks done that I wouldn't normally be able to do, like pay a visit to see about some much needed bodywork on the car.

38320397001_b1153596fd.jpg

Well after my what annoyed me today post I decided to do some clothes shopping

What cheered me up about that?

Finding a nice new wool over coat and a Snowdonia Active hooded fleece, it came to £135 however after some digging around I came up with some discount codes which bought the grand total down to just £68!

Result!! :)

Back