WCMUT....what cheered me up today

WCMUT?

Having to replace my 6 1/2 yr old kettle which has been dodgy for some time and finding that it is almost the same price on Amazon as when I bought the last one. (y)

Even better was the £50 gift card from 3 which I had forgotten about, so free kettle on it's way. :D

Getting a few silly little jobs done while I have the house to myself (and the cat's asleep so not being demanding!)
WCMUY was the checkout girl at Makro scanning in boxes of 5 packs of Tassimo pods rather than 5x the number of boxes of single packs - saved us about a tenner off a good price anyway!

Out on the mtb, left a couple resting at the top of a fast downhill section, my chain came off so had to pull over I then heard the clatter of bikes and the girl shrieking. Just before they got to me (on a bend) the girl shouted to her partner that "I bet you wished I screamed like that in bed" they then both spotted me...priceless expressions.

Her- "I've never come this way before."
Him- "Must be the cobbles!"

Yay, just finished a "test call" with the guy himself :D It's like speaking to a famous celebrity, but a YouTube version :LOL:

Generosity of the public donating to fund the women's bobsleigh team so they can get to the winter Olympics.

Disgraceful that due to mismanagement the Bobsleigh Association was short on cash so they cancelled the women's funding.
Gets worse because they are still financing three mens teams, doesn't seem very fair.
The women's pair are genuine contenders, world junior champions and in the seniors world top 20.

They asked for £30,000 which has been met, that's the bare minimum and every extra pound helps boost their training and chances.
Here if you want to read more http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-sports/41391774
They also have a go fund me page for donations www.gofundme.com/teammcneill

I like watching the winter games and will definitely be looking out for our women bobsleighers

I've never used live chat before ( yes really) to sort out a problem with a bill,
BT over charged by £6+ quid. Not a huge amount I agree, also as I have been with them for about a year, I thought my "new user" discount on the BB was up and I was paying "full whack"
But it doesn't hurt to ask, does it?

It seems that they forgot to subtract my "loyalty" bonus for this month, which is also curious, as I've been with them under a year.

5 minutes later and 6 odd quid was back in my bank. Well done BT :)

Winning on the Euromillions :D

Whoo.... I went from 79 YouTube subscribers up to 100 in the early hours of this morning! Thanks to Ken Heron

That's not good, how has it been so long? I take it this is Wheelchair Services?

Yes it is wheelchair services, Lincoln. He has rang them a few times to be told, he's still on the waiting list. It's bloody ridiculous. He has his own wheelchair which we bought a couple of years ago but he needs certain adaptions to make it suitable.

Yes it is wheelchair services, Lincoln. He has rang them a few times to be told, he's still on the waiting list. It's bloody ridiculous. He has his own wheelchair which we bought a couple of years ago but he needs certain adaptions to make it suitable.

Sounds like a bit of a postcode lottery. I was referred to Wheelchair Services in Bedford and got seen within 2 weeks!

The crackles and pops from the car's exhaust when accelerating a tad harder than normal.

The crackles and pops from the car's exhaust when accelerating a tad harder than normal.
Not too hard though, you want to avoid the "Snap" part of that :p

Not too hard though, you want to avoid the "Snap" part of that :p
I was quite surprised first time it did it. I thought it only did it in Sport mode. Turns out later cars had an updated calibration and do it almost every time even in normal mode. I suppose it's too much to ask for a clear run the Dartford Tunnel later. :D

Won't be as good as an 88" Harley Shovelhead through the tunnel near Hatfield.

..... or my 883 Sportster Custom (when I had it!) through the Cuilfail Tunnel at Lewes ....

The best "I" did was a small group of us going through the Blackwall tunnel typical kids, large bikes, of various makes, no baffles in most of the exhausts, wide open and watching the cars brake
while looking for the fighter jets that were going through the tunnel :D

Gotta love loud pipes, especially on big twins!

Reuniting a lost dog with it's owner, is that a real special delivery :D
Great to see the relief on the owners face when I drove up with the dog in the van :)

Seeing Fudge, the oldest bear currently alive (with a provable age). Not sure she'll make it through the winter though - her arthritis is currently under control and she's enjoying life (as opposed to being kept alive and merely existing) but at 40, she's not a young lady.

Well, sort of cheered me up but a bit bitter/sweet at the same time...

After this,
Mrs Nod's little orange monster (the same LOM who is mine when she's being lovely...) has brought in a little playmate (mouse) and released it before completely losing interest. Humane traps now set, baited with fudge and hazelnuts. Here's hoping for an early capture.
we discovered that the humane trap wasn't tripping - the little bugger must have hopped over the trigger so I resorted to kill traps. Finally caught it last night. Cheered up because we no longer have a moose loose aboot the hoose but sad because I don't enjoy killing for the sake of killing and I don't fancy fricassee de la souris... 100% sure it's the original mouse and hoping it was a male or not pregnant. Traps still easy to find if necessary.

Result! €400 for 5 1/2 hours ain't a bad hourly rate - better than minimum wage, that's for sure!

Result! €400 for 5 1/2 hours ain't a bad hourly rate - better than minimum wage, that's for sure!

Flight and accommodation was only £240!!!!

Spent more that that on food and drink though! :p :D

Few weeks ago daughter got £200+ from Easyjet for similar delay from Belfast to Liverpool, flight cost £35 ish. Quite surprised how easy it was for her to claim and got the money in a few weeks.

Back