WCMUT....what cheered me up today

not having to work this afternoon, someone else wanted the overtime so I was pleased to let them have it :D

Seeing a Wren in the garden.......a rarity treat for us, a delightful bird :)

My new best friend, I've been thinking about one of these for awhile, finally took the plunge a few days ago, and its great.
If it doesn't fit in there, it doesn't get cooked ....

Beef stew is a bit messy though :D

download.jpg

Foreskin grill?
Can't say I've tried those in there yet, my local synagogue is quite particular what happens to those for some reason

(Cue the tax man joke :D )

Well yesterday, putting a £1 coin in a machine and seeing the look of pure joy on a little kid's face when he got a badge :D

The cattle have been replaced by sheep at work, which have a red band around their middle as their identity marker. They look like they've been giftwrapped!

Ordered a new dishwasher on Friday from AO but didn't check the box for disposal of the old one. When they phoned today to confirm everything for tomorrow, I mentioned it and she said "no problem, we'll do that free of charge". Saved me £15. :D

No, that's the ones Santa's picking out to pull his sleigh (y)
Or for Christmas lunch.... they're all Turkeyed out at the North pole by 25/12. :D

WCMUT...Tesco jeans.
Proper waist. Comfy as anything. Cheap as chips...literally.
Because they were dusty, £10 off.
Result. :)

WCMUT...Tesco jeans.
Proper waist. Comfy as anything. Cheap as chips...literally.
Because they were dusty, £10 off.
Result. :)
I like Tesco jeans. I struggle to get jeans that aren't tight in the upper leg. I hate baggy shapeless jeans so opt for Tesco straight leg jeans and go up one size on the waist. Wear a belt and they are damned near perfect. As you say cheap too. They must be good as mine usually disappear only to find my sons have been wearing them.

After 2 big disappointments of being unable to get pre order tickets on my laptop yesterday for Iron Maiden and Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds through Live Nation yesterday as Internet Explorer doesn't like the Axs link to buy tickets and just crashes. I then tried on my phone and I wasn't even able to log in to Live Nation, the page just refused to refresh when hitting the log in button, I was left with having to try this morning when they went on General Sale.
Iron Maiden tickets for the O2 can only be bought through the O2 site, imagine my dismay when that links through to Axs. Quickly onto my phone, I was able to register, enter my request for tickets and payment details as then join the queue. Imagine my surprise when I actually got tickets for Iron Maiden, high up and to the side, but tickets none the less. Also got tickets for Jeff Wayne's WOTW too. I am very happy and my sons will be too when I let them know.
That's this weeks wages spent. :)

The beautiful photograph of the Sten Aurora on the Manchester Ship Canal in the transport section.:D

@nilagin - I was lucky enough to see Iron Maiden at the O2 earlier this year. I normally hate the O2 but Maiden put on one hell of a show. Is it still the Book of Souls tour?

IMG_4304.jpg

@nilagin - I was lucky enough to see Iron Maiden at the O2 earlier this year. I normally hate the O2 but Maiden put on one hell of a show. Is it still the Book of Souls tour?

View attachment 115177
The new tour is called Legacy of the Beast to tie in with their comics and game of the same name.

It turns out I could have probably got better tickets for Iron Maiden. About an hour after purchase they added the following night at the O2. We'll still enjoy it none the less. :)

Last edited:
SA Supreme Court of Appeal upheld the state's appeal against Oscar Pistorius' 6 year sentence for murder. They held that he should have be sentenced to 15 years, and gave him 13 years and 5 months, taking time served into consideration. Good news.

Haven't seen Maiden since Donington years ago...decades!
But I can tell you that WOTW is fantastic. Properly immersive. Enjoy.

Haven't seen Maiden since Donington years ago...decades!
But I can tell you that WOTW is fantastic. Properly immersive. Enjoy.
This will be our first time seeing Iron Maiden, don't know why I never did in the past. But certainly looking forward to it.
War of the Worlds, we have seen 3 times before, twice with the Richard Burton hologram and last time the updated version with Liam Neeson hologram. My youngest son absolutely loves it and as it is the 40th anniversary we just had to see it again.

Being called in to see the consultant only an hour and a quarter after my appointment time. I kid you not, I've had to wait 3 hours plus previously. Good opportunity to get some reading done though! :D

Generosity of the public donating to fund the women's bobsleigh team so they can get to the winter Olympics.

Disgraceful that due to mismanagement the Bobsleigh Association was short on cash so they cancelled the women's funding.
Gets worse because they are still financing three mens teams, doesn't seem very fair.
The women's pair are genuine contenders, world junior champions and in the seniors world top 20.

They asked for £30,000 which has been met, that's the bare minimum and every extra pound helps boost their training and chances.
Here if you want to read more http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-sports/41391774
They also have a go fund me page for donations www.gofundme.com/teammcneill

I like watching the winter games and will definitely be looking out for our women bobsleighers

Our self funded women are doing so well, fifth in the latest world cup event, best result since 2009 for GBR women bobsleighers
Now sixth in the overall world cup standings, hang your head in shame British Bobsleigh association.

Reactions: BBR
I've just been watching a green woodpecker ignoring all the trees, and pecking holes along the grass verge opposite.
Then it got jumped by two magpies that were hiding in the hedge, but a passing jogger spooked them, and everyone flew off in different directions.

I've just been watching a green woodpecker ignoring all the trees, and pecking holes along the grass verge opposite.
Then it got jumped by two magpies that were hiding in the hedge, but a passing jogger spooked them, and everyone flew off in different directions.

Green woodpeckers feed on the ground a lot. They're rather partial to ants. My garden could keep several hundred green woodpeckers in food for the next millenium or so.................

Cheers me up when I spot our local greenie going along the kerb at the end of the front garden.

WCMUT was a nice roast dinner. Carvery but being the only carnivore in the house (other than the cat!), that's the only way for me to get a few slices off a decent sized joint of beef. Veg at the pub we go to is well above the usual carvery standard too and the cauli cheese gives Mrs Nod a decent main course too!

Sunrise from the 3rd fairway. Makes the early start worth it!

WP_20171129_003[819].jpg

WCMUT was a family I saw in town earlier. Dad pushing stroller, Mum in face scarf, child wearing Peppa Pig hat. Made me giggle!

Being told that my repeat intraocular pressure tests were fine - no indication of glaucoma :D

Always good to hear. Keep on with the Xalatan?

getting a photo of grandson #2 sitting in mucky mechanics overalls at the wheel of a bus :)

He trained as a mechanic but couldn't get a job as he doesn't interview well [ slight Aspergers/Autistic'thing']

has full car licence and will be trained to get his bus one.

That's 2 out of the three now gainfully employed - the third is still at School

Garlic Bread in one of Jamie Olivers' Italian restaurants, most delicious I have ever lasted, food was good too

Heating "Issue" finally solved, after a lot of research the culprit appeared to be the room stat..
Indeed it was !

A bit of a PITA to replace as I couldn't get a direct replacement, and the wiring diagram that came with it ( Honeywell) wasn't exactly accurate either ..
Well either that, or the people that fitted the system did their own thing with the wiring ..
( I suspect the latter) Anyway, 3 blown fuses later :D )
And a nice warm house again (y)

Back