WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Bracing walk along the sea front at Exmouth followed by a light lunch and the not-quite-so-bracing walk back to the car (with rather than into the wind!)

What cheered me up this week rather than today, was first of all getting my car back from the garage and the bill being significantly less painful on my wallet than expected, second of all after several months of dieting that is going well, I am now actually able to drive this car I've had fixed...a little more and I'll be able to drive it in comfort...still a lot of dieting to go...also had a fantastic time over Christmas with a lot of family around

What cheered me up this week rather than today, was first of all getting my car back from the garage and the bill being significantly less painful on my wallet than expected, second of all after several months of dieting that is going well, I am now actually able to drive this car I've had fixed...a little more and I'll be able to drive it in comfort...
Excellent Matt (y)

What cheered me up this week rather than today, was first of all getting my car back from the garage and the bill being significantly less painful on my wallet than expected, second of all after several months of dieting that is going well, I am now actually able to drive this car I've had fixed...a little more and I'll be able to drive it in comfort...still a lot of dieting to go...also had a fantastic time over Christmas with a lot of family around

Congrats on the dieting Matt!

WCMUT.....Removing the tree.
All is back as it should be :)

Surely the last two posts should be in the humbug thread, you utter miserable gits lol

Surely the last two posts should be in the humbug thread, you utter miserable gits lol

Why?
Taking the tree down cheered me up. So bite me, Pollyanna :p

Seeing so many children at a classical music concert at the Barbican last night. It was wonderful.

Oh and getting my car into a 1.85m maximum height carpark, the looks on the faces of my wife and children was one of being impressed for ever (usually lasts about an hour ;)).

And I must have been in a good mood as I even enjoyed the contrast of having Kiss radio pump out its beats on the way home. The contrast was quite amazing...

My Mossad T shirts have arrived from Tel Aviv,

Yitshk Rabins`s blue and white army.

I got two,suppose I could send one to you,unless you`re fatter now?

Doing a good deed (clearing my car's windows of frost so Mrs Nod could stay warm) then getting back into bed with my 2nd favourite female while Mrs Nod is teaching...

Ordering oil for heating and finding it quite a bit cheaper than the last 2 lots!..
Usually £300 this lot only £223! And being delivered today even better as I'm very close to an empty tank :eek:

Ordering oil for heating and finding it quite a bit cheaper than the last 2 lots!..
Usually £300 this lot only £223! And being delivered today even better as I'm very close to an empty tank :eek:
Definitely a result that one (y)

Ordered a new lens from Japan on Saturday night (10pm) and it arrived on my doorstep at 9.30am this morning! Gobsmacked...

(Just need to get back home from London to play!)

Now that's fairly impressive.

Pretty unbelievable if you ask me - even allowing for time difference. I was unusually delighted to receive an angry text from Mrs pjm1 asking what tha *&@# I had been buying for my camera this time... but that didn't dampen my mood :)

ESPECIALLY because of the time difference.
When you order at 10pm Sunday it was 7am Monday in Japan!

10pm Sat, so 7am Sunday but doesn't really change your point:

Yeah sorry. :eggface:
Seems there's things that certain post services here could learn :LOL:

Reading the Play-doh Facebook this morning. Who knew an extruder tool could cause such a fuss.

With help from the deal that Tesco are running now, getting petrol for less than £1/litre:)

Dave

Not really - mine looks nothing like that beyond being vaguely cylindrical!

seeing the dumb crook on BBC news trying to blow open a cash machine. The force of the explosion bowled him over and he departed empty handed

Came home from the pub and found this on the doorstep from my lovely German neighbours......Happy birthday to me (new years day)

Being out in the garden today pruning (I really mean just cutting down a bit) a purple hazel and finding a raspberry on one of the autumn fruiting canes. A raspberry (which, with gooseberries, are my favourite fruit) on the last day of the year was just great.

It was a bit soft due to the frost but still sweet and made me think of summer.

Dave

Waking up is always a good start and not having a hangover makes it even better. Throw in the cat demanding a cuddle and it's a good start to the new year!

Our dog having a lie in until now :) How civilised.

Last edited:
Back