WCMUT....what cheered me up today

waking up in my own bed :sleep::D

New bike!

Sad to see the Rocket III go but the Bobber is rather lighter, more nimble, practical and economical. Well... practical as long as you don't want/need to carry a passenger or more luggage than a pint of milk!!!

Misreading Toolstation's website - meant that I had to waste 3/4 of an hour before they were open. Such a shame I was on the new bike! Sun's out today as well.

Spending 3 hours in Tesco :eek:
Seriously I'm normally in there for the shortest time possible, less then 30mins max
I hate shopping, but today I bumped into an old friend I haven't seen for a while and stopped for coffee
great catching up :)

WVMUT...

Getting two Amazon mispriced boxes of wine delivered :)

£9.99 for a box of 6 rather than just one bottle.

Ordered two boxes, both delivered - shortly after I ordered, the price changed to £59.94 for a box of 6. Didn't hope for much until I got notification of dispatch yesterday.

Finally finding a useable vent mount for the satnav in my new car, damn awkward vents !!
and that I could use my old S6 mobile as an MP3 player in the car, works a treat :D

Getting the V5 for the new bike - in under a week! Shows what the DVLA can do when you remove the useless f***wit humans from the loop.

Being able to see the laptop screen for longer the a couple of minutes :)

It starting to pee down just as I got into the car after a lovely blue-sky round of golf this morning. The sun shines on the righteous (bros!)

It starting to pee down just as I got into the car after a lovely blue-sky round of golf this morning. The sun shines on the righteous (bros!)

Devil looks after his own .....

Just sayin ....:exit:

Have we met? :D:agree:

WCMUY (got home too late [and 1/2 pished!] to post last night) was winning the cricket club quiz night with a lot of help from the other members of the team. Still reckon we should have had a bonus point for NOT knowing a one direction song.

WCMU on Saturday. Being able to release 4 hedgehogs I have been caring for since October. We found them in and around our garden and they were all too small to survive hibernation (under 300g). They are now a healthy 700g and now that the weather is improving and there is plenty of natural food about it is time they went back where they belong.

WCMU on Saturday. Being able to release 4 hedgehogs I have been caring for since October. We found them in and around our garden and they were all too small to survive hibernation (under 300g). They are now a healthy 700g and now that the weather is improving and there is plenty of natural food about it is time they went back where they belong.

I've been in this house for 13 years, and for 9 of them I've had hedgehogs in the garden, living happily.
Built them a house, spoke with neighbours and we all hut hedgehog sized "doors" in our fences
It's worked well, especially as there are tons of snails and slugs for them to feast on.
They're my favourite garden critters.

WCMU yesterday evening was a delicious (and perfectly cooked) ribeye steak at the Beer Engine, Newton St Cyres. No wonder the place was heaving!

Actually yesterday afternoon. Going to see Fisherman's Friends and for once seeing my fellow countrymen/women portrayed as the caring and intelligent people that they are, living up to the Cornish motto of "ONE and ALL" and not as a group of country bumpkins.

the Beer Engine, Newton St Cyres.
Didn't that pub have a different name about 40 years ago? I used to frequent the village due to MinL having a house there.

Possibly. I've been going there for 35 or more years and it's always been the Beer Engine in my time BUT a mate of mine was taught at college by the gentleman who was the landlord when I started going there and who (IIRC) started the micro brewery there. According to the Good Pub Guide, they've been brewing there since the '80s (which ties in with my [unreliable] memory.)

I've been in this house for 13 years, and for 9 of them I've had hedgehogs in the garden, living happily.
Built them a house, spoke with neighbours and we all hut hedgehog sized "doors" in our fences
It's worked well, especially as there are tons of snails and slugs for them to feast on.
They're my favourite garden critters.

2 great stories.

According to the Good Pub Guide, they've been brewing there since the '80s (which ties in with my [unreliable] memory.)
I'm going back to the beginning of the 1970s but I could be misremembering.

I was 7 at the start of the '70s so couldn't get to any pubs under my own steam!

I was 7 at the start of the '70s so couldn't get to any pubs under my own steam!
You were 7 for half a decade?;)

At the start of the decade, I was 7. :p

Didn't that pub have a different name about 40 years ago? I used to frequent the village due to MinL having a house there.
I moved to Devon in 1969. I worked in Exeter and lived initially in Crediton, so twice a day passed through Newton St Cyres. Didn't recall a pub called the Beer Engine then, so looked it up. According to www.whatpub.com it was called the Barn Owl.

I will always remember stopping in Newton St Cyres on my first visit. I stopped to ask a local if I was on the right road to Crediton. He looked confused for a while and then said "oh you mean Kirton", which is the way locals pronounce it.

I moved to Devon in 1969. I worked in Exeter and lived initially in Crediton, so twice a day passed through Newton St Cyres. Didn't recall a pub called the Beer Engine then, so looked it up. According to www.whatpub.com it was called the Barn Owl.

I will always remember stopping in Newton St Cyres on my first visit. I stopped to ask a local if I was on the right road to Crediton. He looked confused for a while and then said "oh you mean Kirton", which is the way locals pronounce it.

The picture on the linked site is definitely what is now the Beer Engine and is right beside the Barnstaple/Exeter railway line (but about 3/4 mile from the main Crediton/Exeter road).

(Confusion from Creditonians isn't rare!!!)

(Confusion from Creditonians Kirtonians isn't rare!!!)
If you're going to insult us at least get the name right! I've fixed it for you. :wave:

WCMUT? Spending the morning sat in the garden with Alexa banging out some classic 60s tunes, love Spring!

WCMUT? Spending the morning sat in the garden with Alexa banging out some classic 60s tunes, love Spring!
I wondered where that racket was coming from :p

12 years of happy marriage to Mrs Nod (and we figured out that we've been together for 33 come June).

WCMUT.................well this has been cheering me up for the past few weeks

* a Wren, Robin and Great Tits all nest building in sight of the kitchen window
* seeing both the Robin and GT couples ~ male feeding the female
* this morning, though not convinced that it was from our garden nest ~ the Robin feeding a fledgling and also his mate
* an increase in the GT activity.....perhaps feeding hatchlings?

~ though sadly other than the nest building the Wren has disappeared.

~ looking forward to seeing the GT youngsters and whatever else comes a visiting in the garden :)

Back