WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Even better, Rasputin has gone with immediate effect :)

There IS no cure - once a pig is bacon, it's way past any cure!

9 years of fan ownership and stagnation, Wrexham have new owners willing to put in money...

Creoso i’r Cae Ras Mr Reynolds and Mr McElhenney.

Yesterday I made some bread and Mrs WW made pineapple and orange marmalade and we had home made bread toast and home made marmalade for breakfast this morning.

It was Very Yum Yum :D

What are your experiences? Does the batter melt by the time you get home? In our case it's just a 2 or 3 minute drive. Usually fish batter is spiky whereas this latest stuff was smooth with no spikes at all so it's definitely different.
The last two places I go to have been very good. Decent smooth batter, no “melting”. The one place I used to go (and still sometimes do) had queues out of the door for the two hours it opened each day. It’s about a 12-mile round trip so I go a couple of times a year.
The other place is closer. The fish is almost as good. The chips are equal if not better.

Picked my motorbike frame and bits and pieces from the powder coaters doing a complete rebuild of the bike in my sig a 1984 Yamaha YPVS
Will keep me busy over the winter :)

Lava Lamps.

My sister has quite a few and she recently gave me three. One, a blue one, doesn't work as the oil never gets moving which I suppose is not too surprising given these are decades old but the other two work fine although they do take quite some time to get going. One is shaped like a rocket and green and the other is just lamp shaped and red.

When they're on I feel like it's the 1970's again :D

Anyone got one?

Lava Lamps.

My sister has quite a few and she recently gave me three. One, a blue one, doesn't work as the oil never gets moving which I suppose is not too surprising given these are decades old but the other two work fine although they do take quite some time to get going. One is shaped like a rocket and green and the other is just lamp shaped and red.

When they're on I feel like it's the 1970's again :D

Anyone got one?
No, nor a Newton's cradle or one of those drinking birds that you stood somewhere warm and it rocked back and to until it stuck its beak in a glass of water! 70's kitsch! :puke: You'll be getting some clackers and a Demis Roussos album next! :LOL:

Last edited:
No, nor a Newton's cradle or one of those drinking birds that you stood somewhere warm and it rocked back and to until it stuck its beak in a glass of water! 70's kitsch! :puke: You'll be getting some clackers and a Demis Roussos album next! :LOL:

Relax, it's just a bit of fun :D

Relax, it's just a bit of fun :D
I know, I'm just teasing you! For me, the early 70s was the land that taste forgot, and a trip down misery lane! There was some dreadful stuff about, some of the wallpaper for instance, oh, and shag-pile carpets that had to be raked rather than vacuumed, flared trousers, platform shoes and wedges, droopy moustaches (and that was just some of the women!) and medallions, plus industry on strike every 5 minutes, which resulted in a power cut for several hours each evening as soon as the dark nights arrived! And people think living in 2020 is bad! ;)

Last edited:
I've always fancied a lava lamp but never had one to date. Mrs WW goes to bed earlier than me (I'm a carer with things to do and can only go to bed when they're done) and she leaves a light on until I come to bed. At the moment she uses a glass ball full of bubbles lit from underneath by a lamp below a rotating multi coloured disk, if you can imagine that. It casts colours onto the glass ball and ceiling without making the bedroom too light. At the moment we're using one lava lamp as an alternative to that.

Lava Lamps.

Anyone got one?
Nope (born in the 80s so a bit young for this) but I have a fibre optic lamp the changes colour somewhere in the garage. I can’t bring myself to chuck it away despite not using it for the last 10 years (of 20 year ownership!).

Say what you like about Demis but that was a man who really knew how to wear a tent! :exit:
He never seem to change either ...
He just wore it forever and ever .....

Mouskouri. Still a heroine in her home city.

Good customer service

Ordered a hob and oven from AO yesterday, the missus opened a magazine today and a leaflet fell out offering a discount on appliances over £299 so I gave them a call and I now have a £60 refund on the way.

Bought a dishwasher from them a few years ago and forgot to tick the box for them to take away the old one. The day before delivery, they phoned and I mentioned this and asked if it was too late to add it. They said it wasn't a problem and there vwould be no charge.

What's going to happen to all the lava lamps when their incandescent bulbs finally fail? They're not going to work with LEDs.

Oven bulbs? Can't remember what fittings are used in both - my lava lamp is out of sight (man!!!) somewhere.

No shots of a Smegma lamp though, PLEASE!!!

What's going to happen to all the lava lamps when their incandescent bulbs finally fail? They're not going to work with LEDs.

You'll still be able to find them online for years but they'll come from the far east and be in boxes of 50 as they'll be so crap most will blow as soon as you turn the lamp on. Actually, that's more or less the situation now with bulbs.

WCMUT?
I ordered a new keyboard and mouse from Amazon recently ETA This coming weds ( free delivery)
Updated to Sunday ( tomorrow) last night
It arrived a couple of hours ago :)
poob os ɹɐɟ os (y)

Aussie version then?

WCMUT? Double (or maybe triple) chocolate brownie.

My daughter made some amazing 'Christmas' chocolate brownies at the weekend, we were delivered some (socially distanced of course).......

ASDA had some bags of assorted toffees :D We've been assorted toffeeless for weeks as everywhere seemed to be out of them but luckily some supplies have gotten through :D

Back