WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Probably a daft question but can Corn Snakes bite you? And if so, are they Poisonous?
All snakes have teeth, as corn snakes snakes heads are no bigger than the tip of the average index finger,
its highly unlikely that they would latch on. ( strike, pull back, the teeth are hinged slightly back so they lock in)
That can be painful if its a 16 feet Burmese, but thankfully that just happened once.
You have to push the head forward to get it to release.

And no, they are not poisonous.

Probably a daft question but can Corn Snakes bite you? And if so, are they Poisonous?

Not to the touch, and as you're unlikely to eat one, thats not the relevent question.

Most aren't venomous.

The difference is that a poison is something that is either swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin, whereas venom is something that is injected via a bite or a sting.

The difference is that a poison is something that is either swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin,
You could argue once bitten, the poison has been injected through the skin.
And as most venom's contain , ( made from various enzymes, proteins, peptides and more), a neurotoxin, some are indeed very poisonous.

Albeit, possibly a misnomer, "Poisonous" is easier for most to understand, than venomous
:)

Reactions: Sky
The difference is that a poison is something that is either swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin, whereas venom is something that is injected via a bite or a sting.
According to "Oxford Languages" venom is...
a poisonous substance secreted by animals such as snakes, spiders, and scorpions and typically injected into prey or aggressors by biting or stinging.
...so swallowing a venomous animal that secretes its poison would be poisoning.
:tumbleweed:

Last edited:
Venom is an Alien creature that comes to earth, sci Fi film.
Indeed, one of the few MCU movies I actually enjoyed that one.

WCMUT? I just managed to change my mobile number on the NHS app on my phone, all I have to do now is get an up to date Covid pass and email it to my new employers.

Last edited:
Venom is an Alien creature that comes to earth, sci Fi film.
Great film, I've seen it a few times, when I'm in the mood for something silly (y)

I thought you came here for that :LOL:
Well, yes, there is plenty around TP to keep me amused :D

But sometimes it's nice to watch true fiction.
Not fiction dressed up as fact ;)

My daughter and her partner have just come back from a long weekend in Krakow originally planned
for her Birthday in December
I thought it odd that she almost immediately came to see me yesterday afternoon.
One of her reasons for going was to visit Auschwitz, we have talked about it when she was growing up and how my Dad was part of the clear up at Belsen, that along with the fact that my mum was a German War Bride
She loved Krakow, and found the salt mines stunning, loads of stunning pictures.
When it came to Auschwitz her reaction wasn't what I expected and bought home to me how little even people living
with knowledge of things don't realise what happened, and how bad it was. She is glad she went and so am I
She bought back a book called "Austchwitz-Birkenau The place where you are standing" with some pictures taken at the time and some in modern day at the same spot.
I'm really please she went, even she says the younger generations should visit it's changed her understanding completely.

WCMUT? Just been up to Harrison's and bought a new lens for the Nikon D50, paid £40 on my card and £10 cash, the original price was £60 but the sales guy let me have it for £50 because I've been in a few times.

Also, I've just rung the Doctor's and after being on hold for ages to nice music, I asked about my Covid pass for the new job, they told me to ring 119 so I did, I spoke to some guy and explained my issue and gave him my address and then the line died so I rang straight back and spoke to a very helpful lady who is sending the Covid pass in the next 5 to 7 working days.

WCMUT? Just been up to Harrison's and bought a new lens for the Nikon D50, paid £40 on my card and £10 cash, the original price was £60 but the sales guy let me have it for £50 because I've been in a few times.

Also, I've just rung the Doctor's and after being on hold for ages to nice music, I asked about my Covid pass for the new job, they told me to ring 119 so I did, I spoke to some guy and explained my issue and gave him my address and then the line died so I rang straight back and spoke to a very helpful lady who is sending the Covid pass in the next 5 to 7 working days.

Hope you're happy with the camera kit now and can start taking pictures.

My Mrs has just got a covid pass and it was quite a faff on due to site issues, she just got bounced around in a circle. She gave up that day and tried again a couple of days later and it just sailed through. The joys of IT :D

Last edited:
Perfume and stuff...

For valentines day I fancied getting Mrs WW some UK made toiletries so off I went to Google and I was amazed and pleased to see how much of this is made in the UK. I got her a gift set containing half a dozen goodies which came well gift wrapped with a card and it was packaged well and she's very pleased with it. So, today I Googled for man smellies and again there are loads made in the UK. I've been wearing a French one which is advertised on TV and is about £80 for a 60ml bottle and some of the UK made ones are easily in that range or cheaper so I will probably be giving one a go when I run out.

I do like to buy British if possible to keep people employed and the tax revenue rolling in to pay for schools, NHS and all the rest.

And if you care at all lots of this stuff is so they say vegan, cruelty free and sustainably made.

:D

Perfume and stuff...

For valentines day I fancied getting Mrs WW some UK made toiletries so off I went to Google and I was amazed and pleased to see how much of this is made in the UK. I got her a gift set containing half a dozen goodies which came well gift wrapped with a card and it was packaged well and she's very pleased with it. So, today I Googled for man smellies and again there are loads made in the UK. I've been wearing a French one which is advertised on TV and is about £80 for a 60ml bottle and some of the UK made ones are easily in that range or cheaper so I will probably be giving one a go when I run out.

I do like to buy British if possible to keep people employed and the tax revenue rolling in to pay for schools, NHS and all the rest.

And if you care at all lots of this stuff is so they say vegan, cruelty free and sustainably made.

:D
When it's bed time then she'll be saying "Here Woof Woof, that's a good boy!" and she'll actually let you lay on the bed! :LOL:

WCMUT? I just had a very productive Zoom meeting for the second training session for the new job, which could start as soon as next week or the week after.

They said if it's ever inconvenient to do a shift I can refuse, but I won't refuse too many shifts, I need the loot, I just can't work Wednesday or Thursday mornings due to educational commitments.

WCMUT 2? I just got off an eBay chat with Elonor regarding sending back the Nikon D50 (meh, I gave him 5 days as of the end of last week) and she's going to escalate the claim for me.

Last edited:
She must be a cat...

WCMUT is not feeling like crap. Been on antibiotics and although they work, they don't half mess me up!

WCMUT? I just got an email from eBay, the seller's received that surplus to requirements lens I sent back last Saturday.

£43 refund to come back on my card by Thursday.

WCMUT 2, the game I ordered yesterday from Game, King of Fighters XV on Xbox, arrived about an hour ago from Hermes, as I paid the extra £7.99 for next day delivery.

Last edited:
Getting new flights (with TUI rather than the Irish mob) for both holidays later in the year. More convenient this end but 100 miles or so each way at the far end. Pretty drive most of the way and not done it for a few years.

I sell a product on ebay, sold over 400 packs over last 12 months or so and 100% positive FB, make few quid but won’t be getting rich quick.
Had a neg FB last week from someone who complained the product was “a bit clumpy”, buyer - with FB of just 4-had not been in contact with me before leaving neg FB. Contacted him and explained “clumpy” was a property of the product and not an issue when mixed- which is how the product is used.
Got no reply so contacted ebay CS and explained buyer did not understand properties of product or physics.
Anyway few hours later ebay, much to my surprise, have removed the neg FB
BTW not drugs :)

Last edited:
Two weeks ago my mum had a flat tyre in tescos car park and called the RAC, it took quite a while but the tyre was fixed and she went about her business.

One week ago my mum got a letter from a private parking company with ANPR pictures showing she had exceeded the two hour limit on tescos car park use, a £90 fine.

Yesterday my mum went to tescos customer service desk, she showed them the letter and explained the circumstances. They immediately cancelled the fine.

I was expecting all kinds of excuses so was pleasantly surprised at the outcome, well done tesco for doing the right thing/recognising potential bad publicity ;)

Went for a walk for a couple of hours and felt the sun on my face for the first time in what feels like ages - bliss!! :)

Reactions: Sky
A quick blast out in Mrs Nod's toy with the roof down blew a few cobwebs out of assorted things!

Hoping to de-cobweb out on the bike over the weekend - fingers crossed!! :)

Finding a replacement part for our 15 year old gas hob on EBay for £24 rather than the £40 the manufacturer wanted or £150 fitted. Their website said it had to be installed by 'qualified technicians' when in fact it was held in place by a couple of torx bolts and took 2-3 minutes to change.

Note this was not a functioning part of the gas or electric burners/ignition, if it had been I would have paid a qualified gas/electric technician.

Last edited:
Being able to polish the car. Sorry about the rain that we will no doubt now have tomorrow!:rolleyes:
It looks like its not due till Monday, but at least we know who to blame :D

Back