Wedding Photography Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
just checked out papas website and his photos are very traditional but yes i agree new blood is good.

tradional is well on the way out there papa

better learn some new skills

maybe the 15 year old could help you out

I am not shooting anyone down, but we see it all the time on the site.
Would you get a guy to fit you a new gas meter if he had never done it before ?.
My basic package is £240 Reg office mid week only £290 weekends.
Basic church £350 mid week and £400 weekends.
Top package £1300.
And I did 140 weddings last year.

mine was meant to be in return to joslters comment

New blood is good, but it needs to learn the right way.
Going watching the gadget show now.

New blood is good, but it needs to learn the right way.
Going watching the gadget show now.

a) what is the right way then? - following someone for 5 years? - not really my style, I prefer to follow someone for say a week (unfortunatly my work experience is in an MOT centre, not photographers:()

b) I wish i could watch the gadget show, damn school and 'revising' for GCSEs...

George

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

This take on packing for jobs is part of why my suspension is knackered. ;)

reflector is good but you will need a helper have you got a pal you could take

Go for it mate, dont let anyone get you down.

Just go out, relax and take the pictures, use raw to help with post processing.

And remember, to be a "professional" you need no qualifications.

The difference between a ameteur who knows what they are doing and a pro, is the pro makes a living from it.

i.e. its his "profession"

Best of luck.

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

This take on packing for jobs is part of why my suspension is knackered. ;)

good logic, as for you charging £100, how much it going to cost you to get around?taxi to the venue, taxi to the reception and taxi home.
try popping up the local registry office to watch a couple of pros doing the traditional shots.

best of luck with it all

and post up some shots afterwards.

make sure you factor in a bung to the petrol then.

you seem to have most options covered so, just relax and enjoy it!!

Dont bother with a reflector, who is going to hold it for you.
Fill in flash is the thing.

he has stated someone is helping him with people ect.

god you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo negative

i dont see the unfair part to his comment:shrug:

he does it all year and says the reflector isnt worth taking, fill flash works better, how is that negative????

because everything the lad asks he shoots him down
a reflector is always useful even if just for a few inside shots and as someone else said better to have it than not.

[maybe papa does not know how to use one?**

i dont see the unfair part to his comment:shrug:

he does it all year and says the reflector isnt worth taking, fill flash works better, how is that negative????

I think it just reads 'downward' if you know what I mean. ;)

its in scotland and my names tony :)

That was soooo funny!:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
That really made my evening.(y)

Anyway best of luck George, I have a wedding to do on Saturay.

It was either me or Uncle Roger with his P&S camera.
So I typed out a sort of formal contract stating exactly what I aimed to achieve
& that I was not a proffessional wedding tog but would do it to the best of my ability.

They are completely happy with this, & I'm gaining the experience.

Oh and I charged just enough to cover my costs & a little bit more.(y)

Hope that helps Spence

DON'T GO INTO BANKING! That's my advice for the day done! :) My mum was in the banking game for over 30 years, the pay is rubbish (unless your going for management) and it can be quite mundane! Plus you don't get to play with any gadgets like you do in photography and cars! lol. Togging all the way...

Where's the wedding venue matey? As I said before I used to live in Reigate, and actually got married down there too (about 2 and a half years ago now).

Now, and I don't want this to sound patronising, but it probably will, I keep coming back to your age. Much as I think you're brave to take this on, and you're not charging much, I can't help feeling that if when I'd got married, and the photographer who turned up was a 15 year old lad, myself and mrs dangleman would have run a mile. Unless off course he was a photographic prodigy and had a decent wedding portfolio to back it up.

The wedding is in Leatherhead... I would never have tried to shoot it for them, but they asked me to do it (the mum has seen the pictures on my wall and liked them). They don't seem too worried by my age.... I know where you are all comming from!

Aimee K, if I do go into banking, my dad has a few rather good contacts quite high up ;) And I would go into management... but that is another story, and a few years away :)

George

just checked out papas website and his photos are very traditional but yes i agree new blood is good.

tradional is well on the way out there papa

better learn some new skills

maybe the 15 year old could help you out

Just thought I would comment on your traditional is out.
2007 I did 140 weddings turned down over 50
2008 done 36 so far and have 53 booked in to do.
2009 I have 27 booked.
2010 I have 12 booked
Not one couple has asked for anything different then a traditional shoot for a theme thats on it's way out thats not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back