What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Pheasant and chick

52240727093_13c21d5ac5_o.jpg

52241007129_8c4b410f27_o.jpg

I am sure the birds are enjoying the sudden drop in temp and the little bit of rain we have had on Exmoor today, they all seemed to be suffering this past week, some almost looking like they were panting like a dog? even the birds of prey were not out and about like usual.

I am sure the birds are enjoying the sudden drop in temp and the little bit of rain we have had on Exmoor today, they all seemed to be suffering this past week, some almost looking like they were panting like a dog? even the birds of prey were not out and about like usual.
Rain forecast a bit later for here, the Kites are still circling, forever hopeful :D
A couple of magpies sitting on the fence panting yesterday, and yet there is bird bath just below them,
and yet they flew off and tried to drink from the guttering :thinking:

My Kingfishers were panting yesterday too. They won't be panting today though, currently 17 degrees here.

It was quite interesting to watch the conditions change yesterday, around 7-30PM , there was a noticeable change in the atmosphere (and light), then we had quite big thunderstorms later on.

My Kingfishers were panting yesterday too. They won't be panting today though, currently 17 degrees here.

It was quite interesting to watch the conditions change yesterday, around 7-30PM , there was a noticeable change in the atmosphere (and light), then we had quite big thunderstorms later on.
28 and still waiting here ....
Every time I look its moved back an hour.
now forecast for 17:00 -19:00
and again 01:00 - 03:00 tonight.

No photos but this morning was a total Titfest! At one point we had upwards of 10 tits on the feeders or in the tree behind them, covering 4 species - Great, Blue, Coal and Long Tailed. Assorted LBJs (House Sparrows, Dunnocks and a solitary Thrush [Mistle, I think but didn't have my contact lenses in while he/she was around]) and 3 Wood Pigeons (2 adult, 1 juvenile [who was getting short shrift from both adults]). The "invasion" only lasted a couple of minutes but you could almost see the seed and fat ball/block levels dropping.

My 'DSLR' Camera Trap, has been out in the forest for a couple of weeks. - Amongst the images of Pine Marten, Fox and Genet, I was surprised to find this image of a Common Buzzard, when I retrieved the outfit this morning. - Nikon D7000, 18-55 kit lens, 2 SB-28 flashes on 1/8 and 'Camtraptions' trigger systems.

D70_1295 by Glynn Hobbs, on Flickr

Lovely shot......it's a total privelege to spend time in the company of Kingfishers!

Congrats on your first Steve, always a joy and a Kingfisher is that bit extra. :) (y)
Thank you very much for the kind words. It was a chance encounter I go to the wetlands most Sunday morning weather permitting and this is the first time I've ever seen one. I just wish it would have been closer as this was at the furthest reach of a prosumer lens and a heavy crop too.

Very nice Phil.

I don't usually take photographs of birds but have enjoyed this thread for years, so I was very happy to spot this lovely Robin singing in a tree while out walking and even happier to have a long lens on my camera. I wish it hadn't been hiding among all the branches, but at least I can join in with this lovely thread for once :)

Singing Robin by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Back