What birds or bird have you seen today – communal thread, I hope!

Unusual for me to post photos in this section but here is a grab of 2 Goldies not talking to each other.
Gently tweaked for web use. Through slightly tinted double glazing.

Not Talking To You.jpg

Sparrowhawk hiding in the hedge, just missed a Blue Tit and I just missed his swoop - hey ho - another day eh? :) Canon 80d/300,f2.8 mkII+ 2x @1/500 f6.3/ISO 200

IG%20-%20VP_0004_-X2.jpg

Last edited:
It's not THAT unusual!

You've got to love robins. My pair seem to be the only ones going for the seed feeder. They've eaten half of it in the last 7 days

VERY nearly got a Robin to come to my hand for some mealworms. I got too cold to stay out to get it the last foot or so. The birds are loving it this afternoon - we've shifted some pots around ready for the fencers and there are loads of worms, slugs etc. exposed for them to munch!

Last edited:
This thread and my feeder have mne looking at birds again.
I saw two birds out this morning whilst walking the dog, size of a thrush, very similar but with red on the breast. Pretty sure looking at the RSPB site they were redwings, but it says they are rare
https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/wildlife-guides/bird-a-z/redwing/

Hum could be - a search shows a local site claiming they are at Stanton Park, which isn't far as the bird flies ;)
https://swindonbirdandwildlife.wordpress.com/

Redwings aren't really rare, though numbers can be variable ... seem to be a fair few around this year. :)

Redwings aren't really rare, though numbers can be variable ... seem to be a fair few around this year. :)
Thanks - first time I think I've seen (noticed) them. They were having a good rummage in the leaf litter and flew into the tree branches just above.

Thanks - first time I think I've seen (noticed) them. They were having a good rummage in the leaf litter and flew into the tree branches just above.
I mostly see them in trees, mostly (annoyingly) behind twigs but occasionally they do perch at the top. :)

seem to be a fair few around this year. :)
I'd agree with that, I've seen loads this year, previous years hardly any..
Maybe the colder weather out East has brought more in?

@gogleddwr That's a nice clear shot given that you are shooting through glass which, presumably, is double or triple glazed.

Back