What have you done with your camera today

Photographed a pickup upgrade to my Strat then sorted the bag for tomorrows outing.

IMG_J2432.jpg

Bought my kit a baby EOS M brother....

Spent a few hours last evening getting to know the EOS M along our local river. Taking it into Bath today for a good workout ready for Cardiff tomorrow and Thursday.

Last edited:
Got a few shots this morning of a burnt out pub, with my olly OM10 with XP2.

checked how new toy evf4 works on e-pl5 and compare it to evf e-m5. a/ works great b/ unfortunatelly i cant see THAT difference to e-m5 evf in plus

Well at about 1am today I played with my new torch in the back garden, testing out its different colours

Sorry pretty naff quality as I've pulled it off Facebook

View attachment 17113

It was just for fun so nothing special...

And then this afternoon, I took advantage of a passing storm

Lightening this afternoon
by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Charging one battery and updated firmware in the X series bodies to help them with the new lens (18-135 XF).

1. Taken some photos of Anita with her new haircut:

14691575438_933c55f635_n.jpg

14874869374_cae26a49ec_n.jpg

2. Found several 120 rolls of Foma Fomapan 200 that I didn't know that I had.

3. Developed a 120 film of Ilford FP4+ film - it's now drying.

Well - yesterday....is that allowed?

Went into town to photograph seagulls eating chips, etc. Pulled camera out of pouch. Noticed that stick on top panel LCD cover was smashed. Peeled the bits off to find the glass was damaged too. Ho-hum.

It all seemed to work though, so I wandered the prom for a hour or so but just didn't feel inspired.

Went to have a chat with a friend and when I came out it was raining.

Haven't taken a decent photograph for six weeks!

Found a dead grass snake in the park. Took his picture with my daughter looking at him.
Then rushed back to the park to get the sunset with a wonderful puffy cloud formation. But they gave way to a dull murk. So I cycled home with nothing.

Last edited:
Dropped it. Broke the lens hood but the lens and camera are fine.
Phew!

1. Rolled a Fomapan 200 film from 120 spindle to an old 620 spindle. Loaded it into a 1958 Kodak Box Brownie Flash III box camera.
  2. Ordered a new eyepiece for the viewfinder on my Sony A200 DSLR (it's time I rescued it from the camera cupboard).
  3. Went out with Anita for a quick photo shoot on a nearby Fenland drove. Used up the Box Brownie film, finished off an Ilford FP4+ film in the Bronica, and even took a few quickies with the Pentax K110D DSLR fitted with the old SMC Pentax-M 50mm f/1.7 lens:
14875179346_dc3774c3a6_z.jpg

4. Uploaded a few dog portraits from the Bronica:

14709777407_a48bcc0fc8_z.jpg

And that's so far. Plan on developing at least the film from the Brownie later. Got to love those big 6 x 9 negs!

Last edited:
Scanned the Kodak Box Brownie film:

14905298941_23c72e6f94.jpg

Cleaned up my poor neglected DSLR Sony A200. Pulled it's lenses together and ordered a few new goodies for it. Time I started shooting a little digital again. Also found my missing Olympus Trip 35.

Admittedly I'm a day late with this post but yesterday I went down to a field next to the river and got chased by some cows. One even did that bucking thing bulls do. Had to put my camera in my bag before I could go back through in case I had to jump into the river lol

Developed a 120 film of Ilford FP4 in R09. It's now drying.

Loaded my Olympus Trip 35 with an Agfa Gevaert 400S film and took it out for a walk down town, but just took a few snapshots.

A little bit of gear worship (I do try to avoid it). Used my Sony DSLR A200 to take a photo of my Bronica with some loaded film backs:

14730642527_5e1d9a3e03.jpg

Exchanged emails with ParcelFarce because their tracker showed my new (old) camera being returned to the international hub with a nonsense status update. They acknowledged there'd been a fault in their system, the package hadn't moved and apologised for the error. I was so surprised that I forgot to rant about their extortionate "service and administration" fee.

Until now. :mad:

Bought a set of extention tubes to dabble in macro and a graduated ND filter for some daytime long exposures.

Also tried some more splashes.

Fitted battery grip to EOS 30. Having to remove most of the body panels to get at tiny screw to remove battery door was unexpected...

Discovered focus point select button on aforementioned camera has something stuck in it.

Took delivery of 2nd hand Sigma EX 50mm 1.4. Obligatory dog shots taken and it does indeed give beautiful creamy bokeh as reviews suggested.

Placed it on a tripod with a 70-20o f2.8 as part of a display at a wedding Fayre . Maybe get a few shots tomorrow.

Practiced using manual focus and screwed up dozens of photos of some lovely flowers.

Back