What have you done with your camera today

I'd ordered a "microprism/split image" (1-13) focusing screen for my Olympus M-1, it arrived today so it's now been fitted. Couldn't be happier.

Finally got around to setting up back button focusing properly and practicing with it. it's taken a while to get around to this!

After a few days shooting film for fun testing my 'new' Olympus OM20, am now shooting a serious conference.

charged some batteries (first time in around 6 months) only to be denied by rain.....

Carried it up a mountain in the snow for Astro then a blanket of cloud descended for the whole night...

Oh, guys, I envy you so much. I broke my lens yesterday. Now I have to save money for a new one. Hate my clumsiness(((

Nothing as of yet sadly...I was going to do some macro photography today but I have got caught up in doing social media.

Last edited:
Used my 16-35mm just at 35mm to test, how it would be with a prime lens. Could work for a while.

AJ1A9502.jpg

Today I found the rare Greater Whit Epoo (Splattus Gargantia) and managed to capture it with my pocket Nikon S9700.

DSCN2097-1.jpg DSCN2098-1.jpg DSCN2101-1.jpg DSCN2099-1.jpg

Updated the X-T2's and the 100-400's firmwares. Seems to have sharpened up the AF speed and accuracy when using the 2x teleconverter between them. Several other real upgrades to the camera as well. Always worried about bricking the things during firmware updates but follow the instructions to the letter and all went well! (Phew!!!)

Got up at 5:00 and went to Parc Slip. Got to the hide at 6:30 but the only 'interesting' thing I saw were a couple of Coots mating. Well it made me smile anyway and it was a lovely warm morning.....

Today was city marathon followed by beach volleyball :) a good day!

Took my new Canon 7 out for a test run at the Sheffield half marathon. I also got through my first roll of Kodak ektar so I'm looking forward to the results.

I'm doing well, managed to get out today with a mate and walked the Sheffield Tinsley canal from the city centre to Meadowhell. This time I carted along my Bronica etrsi and tripod (glad that canals mean flat footpaths) with Portra 400 loaded. Light wasn't great but hopefully I might have a couple of reasonable shots.

Got out with my Pemtax 645N with a borrowed 75mm f/2.8 lens. Felt good and balanced with the grip.Bit of a beast but I need to buy a lens. The 45mm is all over the place prive wise so may just bite the bullet. Will send the film off later.

Nice day here and worth getting out!

Got up at 5:00 and went to Parc Slip. Got to the hide at 6:30 but the only 'interesting' thing I saw were a couple of Coots mating. Well it made me smile anyway and it was a lovely warm morning.....

Finally downloaded the photo from my little camera. Taken on 9th April.

DSCN2110 by Awgy Dawg, on Flickr

Tried a few landscape blackthorn blossom images but met with little success. Ah well. Had to get in close instead.

Went to a Saxon Re-Enactment village today, took a photo of a carpenter's hut.

DSCN2176
by Awgy Dawg, on Flickr

Today, I have photographed a church for Bestbeloved to paint. I might keep a couple of shots for myself.

I took out my trustworthy Fuji X100 and was surprised to find myself taking pictures of the trees in our village, and how they really dominate the skyline!.

Used my (new to me) feisol tournament tripod and new arca swiss p0 ballhead for the first time today doing some multiple exposures of flowers in the garden. Also had a play around with my fathers old Canon A1, he's letting me use it for a while which I'm looking forward to as it's a long time since I last used a film camera.

When I went to Blacktoft nature reserve, I managed to spill hot chocolate on the top of my camera - not much, just a couple of drops. I can no longer turn on the camera or move the mode dial, so today what I am going to do with my camera is take it into London Camera Exchange and have the switches cleaned.

Revived the Canon Powershot A620. Put CHDK on the SD card, so I'm able to shoot raw images with it. The camera doesn't know, so it will save JPEG images too, which lasts an extra while, unless I configure 640x480 for the size, which of course doesn't effect CHDK. It will always produce 8 MB DNG-files.

Back