What have you done with your camera today

Well, not quite today but last Saturday coming home from S.A.'s Wild Coast...

19179-1508244277-9bd5fc1834723d9aebce34d702bbd8aa.jpg

Had a run over to Manchester for a Chinese and a wander round. Managed to finish off some FP4+ in my M2 and made a good inroads on some Delta 400.

Managed to finish off some FP4+ in my M2 and made a good inroads on some Delta 400.

I love FP4 since I cut my teeth on it. How does the Delta 400 handle grain? Probably a little O/T, sorry...

I love FP4 since I cut my teeth on it. How does the Delta 400 handle grain? Probably a little O/T, sorry...
I think that I prefer HP5 to FP4 for the versatility of it. Though I wouldn't be without a few rolls in my fridge for when the mood takes me. FP4 was the first b&w film that I ever used.

This is actually my first roll of Delta 400 so I'm waiting to find out whether I like it or not. I know that online opinions are divided because of the modern look to the grain structure.

11 hours in the streets and sometimes took a picture.

Brought it home from my sister’s wedding where I was asked to help out due to the pro not staying for the reception and beyond and then really wanting to kick the pants out of it when I see how poorly I performed (I don’t do weddings and am now quite upset).

Took it for a trek to Glencoe, didn't even get it out of the bag.....maybe tomorrow if the blasted weather improves.

Nothing, I am saving my creative energy for my trip….Truth is I am editing like mad at the moment to get everything done before i go.

I blew the dust off mine this morning and took a lovely crisp lake picture :) Brings back all the feels!

We're having an extension built onto our old croft house here on Skye - to access the house you need to go down quite a steep path and before the clearing work was carried out there was a path going to the left from halfway down the path which remains - the first bit of the frame has gone up and the scaffolding went up earlier this week - the trusses arrived and inorder to put hem up a sort of drawbridge type of planking has been erected from the higher bit of land on the left to the existing frame - when I took my wife to work this morning I came back and found next door's hens walking around the planks on the scaffolding around 10ft up in the air - they had gained access via the planking going across from the high bit of land onto the top of the existing frame - I hurried to get my camera to take a photo but by the time I had found it the hens had come back down , two of them nesting in a pile of sand left there by the builders .

I haven't done much at all with my camera these past few days, but a good and close friend of mine, in a fit of depression, tried some 'retail-therapy' and bought herself a brand new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ2000 (the most expensive bridge-camera she could find).... She hasn't got a clue about photography, apart from the basics of her phone's camera, so I'm busy studying the manual (without the camera to try/test the millions of options, buttons, dials, touch-screen/whatever!), in the hope of teaching her how to use the thing......

Oh, the retail-therapy didn't work either.... ;)

Photo walk with the Fuji X100S

201711031500-DSCF5106.jpg

This morning I took some shots of the tree in our garden ready to be used as an overlay for a double exposure onto a silhouette when I get one of a subject that suits. I wanted to try this out for a long time but didn't understand how double exposures worked. New learning curve ahead.

I went to the seaside (Morecambe) and took a handful of shots. Really enjoyed the day and look forward to processing them in the next few days to see how they've come out. Used my new Tamron 55-200mm lens I bought on eBay for the first time and was impressed with it. It lacks image stabilization but as I was outside on a nice day I could set the shutter speed fairly high to make up for this. Hopefully the images will turn out ok

I took my camera out of the cupboard and recharged the battery, plus downloaded some macro-photos I took at the weekend.......

I have a few of these figures, you have given me some inspiration to take them out of the boxes :)

Photographed a really old cornet from a Band member who sadly passed away.... this was his first ever cornet!

Attachments

• BAZ_6805.jpg
    BAZ_6805.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 15
  • BAZ_6822.jpg
    BAZ_6822.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 14
Cleaned it. I have bought a 'new' Fuji STX-2 which was in appalling condition. Cleaned up a treat, mind.

Took my first photos with my new D500. Liking it a lot already and I've not yet finished configuring it.

Teaching my daughter, who is on a fashion styling and photography course, how to use my A77ii. Gave her my old A65 so we can share lenses, and give me an excuse to buy some much better glass.

Took last pic of my 7-day MonoChallenge on FB - interesting and inspirational especially as I used the iPhone for all the shots

IMG_E1848 (Small).JPG

good morning kiddiwinks

Todays story is about leaves. Yes again this is what I have gathered up this morning. todays pictures

eAbuREi.jpg

2XJs7mT.jpg

I was standing in part shade and that is from bushes behind me. My shadow is on the right. Wanted the sun behind me. it was about the only position to get the picture that showed the leaves up

Last edited:
Back