What have you done with your camera today

View attachment 243242

Used a lens cap (for the 50mm on the Minotla X-700) to unscrew/screw the battery cover on the Apple wireless keyboard. Why bother looking for a coin when the lens cap would do nicely?
Me personally? I would never insert them black and copper stuff into any piece of electronics I value...

A good friend of mine had a nasty experience LONG ago in the late stone ages when premium D-SLR cameras still worked with AA cells.

Practically new cells leaked and ruined his camera...no it was not sitting for weeks unused.

When he took the matter up the food chain he got nothing but a big middle finger...

A good friend of mine had a nasty experience LONG ago in the late stone ages when premium D-SLR cameras still worked with AA cells.

Practically new cells leaked and ruined his camera...no it was not sitting for weeks unused.

When he took the matter up the food chain he got nothing but a big middle finger...
So what do you use when an item requires batteries?

So what do you use when an item requires batteries?

I have only had good service from Energiser cells.

I have also been very happy with Uniross rechargeable cells but they are hard to come by on my side of the pond...or I am simply not trying hard enough...

I'm on a workshop in the Lake District this week, here's one of the images from day 1 (I'm really pleased wirth this one)

After 6 weeks of suffering Polymyalgia Rheumatica I finally had an afternoon where I was confident enough to go out and do some photography. Went to Bushy Park and got some fairly decent afternoon light and got some ducks and deer. I’ll try and do some processing tonight but feel knackered at the moment but just happy to have got outside.

I spent some time getting my new (to me) 6D wirelessly connected to my ipad, so I can transfer raws for editing.

It's less good than a keyboard and mouse, but I'm very pleased with it overall. So that was fun!

I spent some time getting my new (to me) 6D wirelessly connected to my ipad, so I can transfer raws for editing.

It's less good than a keyboard and mouse, but I'm very pleased with it overall. So that was fun!

Are you sure you are transferring RAW files and not JPEG files? Using the canon app, if you send RAW images to a smartphone/ipad, they will be saved and resized as JPEG images.

Are you sure you are transferring RAW files and not JPEG files? Using the canon app, if you send RAW images to a smartphone/ipad, they will be saved and resized as JPEG images.

Pretty sure. They appear in my lightroom catalogue as full size XYZ.CR2 files, and raising the shadows certainly implies a far great degree of flexibility than a jpeg.

Happy to be proven wrong! I'll see if I can write my process later but it wasn't hard.

Pretty sure. They appear in my lightroom catalogue as full size XYZ.CR2 files, and raising the shadows certainly implies a far great degree of flexibility than a jpeg.

Happy to be proven wrong! I'll see if I can write my process later but it wasn't hard.

Its just in the canon user manual for the 5DIV I think. It may well all be changed now with updates etc, its something I was doing from my 6D also and did wonder.

Quick edit from ipad. Taken with the 50mm stm on Canon 6D. Thought the lens was soft but realised I was too used to shooting mirror less and was moving during the exposure as the initial mirror slap was telling my brain the shutter had opened and shut! Now I'm holding still for longer I'm getting better results. Who'd have thunk I'd need to readjust going back?!LRM_EXPORT_57978525688086_20191104_212322546.jpeg

Last edited:
Nothing whatsoever for days (or is that weeks?) - but this morning I ordered £150 worth of mountboard. Doesn't that count?

Tried shooting plasma Balls today.
After reviewing all the shots I wish I'd had one of my old 50mm primes with me to get away with some faster shutter speeds, I should have tried some much longer exposures too...

Got excited about the arrival of my 40.5-43mm filter adapter.

(It's a slow day here at Goldtop Towers.)

First of all, this is my first post on this forum. Just recently started to become interested in photography and got a second-hand camera quite cheap! :)

Spent several hours in the mountains yesterday trying to capture some niche shots, but this is probably the best I could get (dont bully me):

eventyr.jpg

Yep, not bad for someone starting out, no blown highlights etc, seems well exposed. There's a little too much sky so I'd crop a little out. I initially didn't like the person on the hill upper left using their binoculars but then seeing the little hut farther on and 2 more people nearby also enjoying the view, it tells a story and so I think its a great shot.

I know this isnt the "feedback thread", but thanks a lot for the feedback! :)

I also agree that the persons in the picture were a bit annoying, but they literally stood there for 20 minutes or so, which made me sort of lose my patience a bit, hehe. In terms of "too much sky" = I totally agree. Have done a lot of research on similar pictures over the last hour online and I can see that the very best photographers do not have that much sky included in their pictures. I seem to learn a lot from this website already.

There are instances you could get away with that much sky but it needs something actually in it, for example some interesting cloud whether stormy or not, or even a long exposure with cloud moving through, which possibly would eliminate the people too. Being new don't fix yourself to always sticking to one size picture, don't be afraid to crop and see what looks best but remember sometimes its fine without cropping too.

First of all, this is my first post on this forum. Just recently started to become interested in photography and got a second-hand camera quite cheap! :)

Spent several hours in the mountains yesterday trying to capture some niche shots, but this is probably the best I could get (dont bully me):

eventyr.jpg

Try a 2:1 crop ;)

I actually managed to escape from Centre Parcs first thing this morning for some 'outside' woodland wandering :)

Fitted a screen protector to my X-H1 and X-Pro 2 and also fitted a new rope strap to the XP2. :)

Shown ( my latest new toy Intrepid 10x8) off to a good friend this evening and explained that although 10x8 is twice the size of 5x4, the actual film surface area is four times difference ( 80 square inches as opposed to 20 )

thumbnail_10x8.jpg

By the way, what is the watch in your photo?

it's a variant on a type-a flieger by Corgeut. Bit of a cracker for £50 to be honest, Mechanical Hand Winding job, with the rather excellent for the money Seagull 3600 Movement in it.

Excuse the instagram awfullness - it's the only recent pic i've got of the display back...
IMG_20191116_092643_133.jpg

best bit is the timekeeping though... way above COSC specs... and that's as it came out of the factory, no need to regulate it at that kind of accuracy - i've got Quartz pieces that aren't materially any better...

Screenshot_2019-10-27-07-12-24-065_de.uhrenbastler.watchcheck.png

Last edited:
Back