What have you done with your camera today

^^^^ Yeah! That's just teasing!

Saying that, we're often in woods and forests and there are a lot of scenes that "look nice" to the eye. Very often my better half will say "aren't you stopping to photograph that?!?"..... But I already know (with experience) it won't come out the same on camera.

Thought I'd test out the A7ii at Witley Court in Worcestershire which is near me.

Quite overcast but had a good morning's fun with some old manual focus lenses.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hSTmn2]Witley Court 3 by Terence Rees, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hSTm7x]Witley Court 2 by Terence Rees, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hSTjm3]Great Witley Pano test by Terence Rees, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hSWV8W]Autumn Willow by Terence Rees, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hSVRxR]Witley Court Waterfall by Terence Rees, on Flickr[/URL]

Photographed a CHristmas gift fair at the West Blatchington Windmill.

Photographed a CHristmas gift fair at the West Blatchington Windmill.

So you obviously took pics of all the Christmas pressies that you bought for me along with the ones that you'll be going back to collect??:naughty:

No?:sulk:

Well that's one friend that you've just lost! :exit::LOL:

Today, with my camera, I have mostly ... advertised it for sale.

Just the little but lovely RX100 ii - it's become a halfway house. I wanted an EVF and more lens reach, but upgrading to the RX100 vi/vii is too spendy. So I'm downgrading to the HX80 as the 24x7 PnS pocket camera, and will use the OM-D E-M10ii for anything more important/creative.

Finally got some pics of my friend's very reclusive cat.

In the past, I've used lenses with a much shorter focal range and whenever I've gone near the cat, it's just done a bunk.

I just happened to have a 100-400 on the camera and the cat was sat in the sun. So rather than swapping it out and trying to get close, I took a few shots from about 20 foot away.

I would never have considered doing it that way other than by chance.

Last edited:
I've actually picked one of them up and used it! (First time for a week or 3, truth be told.) Only to take a couple of shots of a late rose that's still in bloom.

DSCF5368.jpg

Discovered that 5 rolls of black and white 120 I'd had developed had a nasty mottled effect all over them and the whole lot are ruined!

Walked along the Exe today and met this furry gentleman in Belle Isle Park...

Cat in Belle Isle Park Exeter DSC03230.JPG

took the A1 for a spin up in the smoke, had some business near the palace, but decided to disappear before dozy Donald showed up just in case he thought I'd come to see him.

Tried a "wrist shot" of one of my Watches... Realised I need a better model (no, not the watch...)

IMG_6051.jpg

Slipped on some sheep excrement on my way down from my shooting point, went full length into the clarts/dung, twisted my knee (ooyah!) and managed to b*****ks the lens hood ring on the lens on the camera. That's what I did with my camera today :mad:

Moved all my camera equipment and computers to my new house, can't wait to get it all set up.

Unfortunately, without going into my files I think it must be about 4 months since I have been out with the camera. Just can't seem to apply myself to it. Been several times when I have thought about it, but that is all I have done.

spotted some squirrel action in the garden... and the corvids have found where I'd hidden the nuts in a tree hollow so the two squirrels chased them off.
Taken through glass.

20200121-BC543624.jpg

Went out again with LF and scrambled into a gorge to ( hopefully) obtain a negative that offers a better result than this phone snapshot:

View attachment 266411

This is a wider angle of where I was located:

Upstream

View attachment 266412

Downstream

View attachment 266413

Walked about all day laden with LF kit and returned home with no film exposed so occupied myself processing the negative of the canyon image shown above captured last monday and got a decent result which surprisingly resembles very close to what the iphone captured :LOL: but MUCH better quality! ;)
Just in case any of you are interested in comparing the film result : https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/show-us-yer-film-shots-then.53681/page-579

It's rained pretty much every day this year. It didn't rain Super Bowl Sunday and today looks promising too. Might see the sun, even, maybe. I need to go look for some light.

IMG_0556_edited-1.jpg

Mid-afternoon on a dry but featureless day, sun finally peeks out. But at that moment, I'm on the wrong side of the island. Photo options are limited, but a calm on the Sound is always accommodating.

IMG_0546.JPG

Turn around 180 degrees. This is an unretouched, straight out of the camera, one shot because I didn't know whose car that was, jpeg. An agency would send a grip truck and a crew to put that light together.

IMG_0538_edited-1.jpg

I call this, "The Hostage."

Last edited:
I tried my Wife's NIKON FE with the Nikon / M42 Adapter and my SMC Macro-Takumar 50mm f4 lens on outdated 1992 FP4+ processed in very old dark brown RODINAL . I took out the small glass minus lens from the adapter.
FE FP4+ Rodinal 15.jpg

Waited in a hide most of the afternoon for the Bewick's Swans to fly in from the delta. They didn't. :rolleyes:

Interesting bus journey in the rain today. Had some fun with a very wet windscreen and the Panasonic 100-400...

Out of focus umbrella G9 P1013149.JPG

Distorted figure through wet windscreen G9 P1013152.JPG

So this weekend was my birthday and a minor holiday here in the US. Family took me down for a weekend at the Oregon coast. Took a few vacation pictures, but nothing to share.

Last night, though, a huge storm blasted down the coast. Spent the evening snuggling by the fire. We got an early start for home this morning and stopped for breakfast in a little beach town. Storm had blown through, skies were clear, everything was still wet and shiny, and an intense, low winter sun was peaking through the trees from the southeast. I sent the girls with the dog to the beach while I played with that light.

IMG_0610_edited-2.jpg

IMG_0617_edited-2.jpg

IMG_0615_edited-2.jpg

What I have done with my camera today? Well just some corporate head and shoulder shots in a temporary studio. Same as yesterday if fact and I think the day before. Still soon be the weekend!

I have just come back from Scotney Castle in Kent, the memory card still within the camera. I had taken some bluebell flower pictures. I will post it later.

Last edited:
Back