Edit My Images
No
Hi im currently looking to but two new canon lenses, for car shoots, im looking for one that would be good in low light for light painting i was looking into getting the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM has anybody got any experience with this lens, and also a wide-angle lens.

i could probably spend up to £700 for the pair,

thanks in advance

What body have you got?
14mm sanyung f2.8 s a great wide lens, especially on full frame, but for car photography can be quite distorting.
What sort of shots do you want to do? If light painting you can use almost anything as you'll be wanting a long exposure, and won't be shooting wide open anyway.

Old 40d, 24-105 lens, 5 secs at f5.6 lit with flash guns
105290676.jpg

Light stripes behind were a fluescent tube, covered, or not, with yellow plastic sweet wrappers.
So you can make shots with anything you have and some imagination :)
I just enjoy playing

@Car spotter north west

Back to you - what camera do you have and what lenses do you have already? Easier to make suggestions then, but realistically you can shoot static cars with just about anything, depending on the light, distortion from wide lenses etc

@Car spotter north west

Back to you - what camera do you have and what lenses do you have already? Easier to make suggestions then, but realistically you can shoot static cars with just about anything, depending on the light, distortion from wide lenses etc

Hi stunning photos, i have a Cannon 50D and im currently using a EFS 18-55mm thats around 12 years old (it was my partners old lens) yeh i have a tripod, id like one lens for static shots and another for moving,

thanks for your advice

Ah ok, the old kit lens on a 50D. Not a bad combination, bearing in mind the old kit lens is worth about £30 second hand
Like it was said in your welcome post, I`d get a Canon 17-55mm f2.8 :)

Not a bad lens, I'd also add the ef-s 15-85 as a consideration - you need that 15mm low end to give you some width on a crop camera. the 17-55 has the advantage of being f2.8 so a stop better. Both really good walkabout lenses.
Possibly a EFS- 55-250 for some reach if you need it.

Have a look at the prices on somewhere like MPB
https://www.mpb.com/en-uk/used-equipment/used-photo-and-video/used-lenses/used-canon-fit-lenses/

And check out the reviews on sites such as FredMiranda
http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/showcat.php?cat=27&stype=1&si=&perpage=80&sort=7&cat=27&ppuser=

Back