What New Gear Have You Purchased This Week?

hood was on the floor when I took the shots - all hoods make nice lenses look ugly and should therefore be omitted when taking pictures of them (but not when taking pictures with them!)

60D for me, seems the 5D3 can't do everything :)

Nikon D7100, 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G, 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G, 35 1.8G.

Traded in a boat load of other stuff so more of a swop than a purchase. Does it still count? :)

Last edited:
My new Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 APO EX OS etc. When compared to my old Canon 55-250 mm IS there's just one word: Wow!

Ordered yesterday
Redsnapper RSF-284 & RSH-61 Ball Head

If it turns out crap I'll be blaming members on here who praised Redsnapper but my feeling is it will be fine and looking forward to it arriving

Mint D7100 at preowned price from local store but only 450 shutter actuations! :)

Did you purchase it directly from RRS? I'm looking to get the MH-02 LR. The additional costs are ridiculous. Roughly $50 for shipping, £13.50 clearance fee, 3.70% duty and 20% VAT!:bang: Ordered a Luma Cinch 2.
Ia

Ian Kerr (Kerso) is based in USA and can send over RRS goodies.

You can contact him through his Flash Camera website for a quote or PM him on here

Last edited:
Nikon D800 and am waiting on delivery of a Sigma 35mm f/1.4

Did you purchase it directly from RRS? I'm looking to get the MH-02 LR. The additional costs are ridiculous. Roughly $50 for shipping, £13.50 clearance fee, 3.70% duty and 20% VAT!:bang:
The $50 shipping charge does seem a bit over the top (but only a bit); but the other costs are unavoidable.

Kenko DG Canon AF Extension Tubes Set (36mm 20mm 12mm)

And

Canon MR-14EX TTL Macro Ring Lite Flash

You can see where this is going can't you (y)

Redsnapper RSF-284 & RSH-61 Ball Head has just arrived and I am NOT disappointed
Think it is excellent build for the money, where you also get the monopod and a good bag all in :)

Last edited:
This morning I bought a second hand EF-X20 flash from camera world... Should arrive tomorrow. It is a, "I will have it when I need it" sort of thing, as are all my flashes.

Not strictly photographic but it did come from a photography shop, I picked up a 10x50 monocular by Barr & Stroud. Also snapped up an FT-1 adaptor so I can use F mount lenses on a 1 series Nikon body that I intend to get at some point.

Yup.... so far so good... the gf don't know and i still am attached to my gonads...

Just need to intercept mr ups postie.

Yup.... so far so good... the gf don't know and i still am attached to my gonads...

Just need to intercept mr ups postie.

Ha hopefully she wont notice the upgrade!

CZ works fine.... In my opinion someone who wants real diamonds over a 1/3 carat is a bit shallow....IMO :D

Luckily the bigger diamonds often have worse clarity, bringing the price down to a good 1/3rd of a carat :D Pays to know your stones!

Ia

Ian Kerr (Kerso) is based in USA and can send over RRS goodies.

You can contact him through his Flash Camera website for a quote or PM him on here
Never knew he dealt with RRS stuff. I'm gonna contact him. Thanks.

The $50 shipping charge does seem a bit over the top (but only a bit); but the other costs are unavoidable.
I use to live across the pond and never had to pay any of these fees. ;) Hmmm I should do a big RRS haul if I ever go back to visit.

Just purchased the Clik Elite Memory Card Valet.

Last edited:
I have a long photo walk on Saturday evening as part of the Worldwide Photo Walk, so I bought a spare battery for my 5D Mark III. There may be one or two bits I'm missing for the ideal setup (thinking filters mainly), but I'd never forgive myself if the camera battery ran out half way through!

Canon 60d, canon 70-300 IS USM lens, yongnuo 565ex speedlite, very happy with these, the 60d feels so much nicer than my old comparable D90 and the 70-300 has excelent image quality, can't wait to go to the nature reserve and try it and the 60d out on some birds :D

On Tuesday I received my Sigma 70-200 F2.8 EX DG OS HSH lens. Not had the chance to play with it yet. Trying to keep it hidden at the moment (which isn't easy because its HUGE) because if "she who sets the rules" finds out the cost I'm in for some serious ear bashing ;)

Back