What was the last gig you went to?

Mike and the Mechanics last weekend at Milton Keynes, good show, mixture of his stuff and some Genesis stuff, great entertainment.

UFO signed off in the UK last night with yet another fantastic show. Will be sadly missed.
Very sad now. Just read that Paul Raymond (guitar and keyboards) has died. RIP
IMG-20190405-WA0000.jpg

Foo Fighters in London most recently for me. Off to see Me First and the Gimme Gimme's (most probably won't have heard of them) in June.

Metallica last night and it p***ed it down for most of their performance, supported by Ghost and Bokassa.

I will be at Twickenham tomorrow to see the same with my two sons. Weather report so far is dry but unfortunately our viewing spot is the opposite end of the stadium to the stage.

Chalk Farm Roundhouse 20th July 1975 to see Motorhead's first gig.

There were two other bands; one was Greenslade and I can't remember the third.

I was sat right up front on the floor next to the stage.

Chalk Farm Roundhouse 20th July 1975 to see Motorhead's first gig.

There were two other bands; one was Greenslade and I can't remember the third.

I was sat right up front on the floor next to the stage.
Saw Greenslade at Friars Aylesbury in '76 or '77, decent gig. I think they had John Hiseman on drums at the time, very impressed with him.

Reactions: Sky
I will be at Twickenham tomorrow to see the same with my two sons. Weather report so far is dry but unfortunately our viewing spot is the opposite end of the stadium to the stage.
Tickets were a xmas present from the wife, it was great to be that close but you couldn't appreciate the full show with the lights, lasers, screens and flames. Looking through all the fan photos shows how much you need to be in 2 places at once. If you are on facebook its worth looking through the discussions section to see all the different views.

https://www.facebook.com/events/432571220482923/?ti=cl

Tickets were a xmas present from the wife, it was great to be that close but you couldn't appreciate the full show with the lights, lasers, screens and flames. Looking through all the fan photos shows how much you need to be in 2 places at once. If you are on facebook its worth looking through the discussions section to see all the different views.

https://www.facebook.com/events/432571220482923/?ti=cl
From the right hand rear corner of the stadium we had a great view of all the lasers and pyrotechnics, but the band were like ants on the stage. Just as well they had those huge screens. ;)
Thoroughly enjoyed Ghost too, my sons have got me into them. Missed the first band as we got stuck in traffic on M25 .

Just got home from seeing ZZ Top at Wembley Arena. Total contrast to Kiss the previous night, but still great. Must be around 33 years since I last saw ZZ Top.

Wishbone Ash last night, some great playing really tight, love that flying v guitar sound.
Old favourites like Throw Down The Sword and The King Will Come sound just as good as ever

At Islington o2 tonight, well worth the ticket price if that's your thing

Wishbone Ash last night, some great playing really tight, love that flying v guitar sound.
Old favourites like Throw Down The Sword and The King Will Come sound just as good as ever

At Islington o2 tonight, well worth the ticket price if that's your thing
Cool. Saw them about ten-years ago in Hamburg. Excellent live performance.

Tim Minchin in Ipswich on Tuesday night was brilliant.

Gary Numan, again (my wife is obsessed!) at Leeds Academy last Saturday.

Was as expected.

Peter Hook & The Light a couple of weeks ago at Middlesbrough Town Hall. Classic tunes from Joy Division and New Order. Going to see Shed Seven in December, same venue.

Welcome to my world :oops: :$
I feel your pain, seen him at least 10 times over the last few years, London a few times, Bristol, Chester, Liverpool 3 or 4 times, Manchester a lot and Leeds last week. Makes the wife happy though :)

I feel your pain, seen him at least 10 times over the last few years, London a few times, Bristol, Chester, Liverpool 3 or 4 times, Manchester a lot and Leeds last week. Makes the wife happy though :)
yes my wife’s the same a big fan and wants to go to as many gigs as possible but yes keeps her happy
I like the newer stuff Gary numan is doing

Skunk Anansie a few weeks ago in Leeds
One of my top 5 gigs ever - it's amazing that they're celebrating 25 years when I was too old for new bands when I first heard them.

Ferocious Dog a couple of weeks ago, they were supported by Drunken Dolly who I had never heard of before and as good as Ferocious Dog were Drunken Dolly stole the night IMO.

Kate Rusby tomorrow night and then it will be my annual trip down to Minehead mid November to Shiiiine On which is looking like another excellent year.

WAi4AM1.jpg

Sparks. Newcastle City Hall, around 1974. Dreadful experience, full of screaming girls.
Almost as bad as T Rex in 1971. That was so bad I went to the bar after about 10 minutes, and bumped into John Miles ! Had a few drinks with him, nice bloke.

Gary Numan at the Cliffs Southend on sea last Friday- absolutely brilliant performance and best sound quality I ever heard at a gig !
Recommended!

John Mayer at the O2 on Monday. Sublime!

Admittedly he was a bit distant, but thanks to my daughter we were in a box, so no queueing for the toilets or bar and we were directly in front :)

Last edited:
Ferocious Dog a couple of weeks ago, they were supported by Drunken Dolly who I had never heard of before and as good as Ferocious Dog were Drunken Dolly stole the night IMO.

Kate Rusby tomorrow night and then it will be my annual trip down to Minehead mid November to Shiiiine On which is looking like another excellent year.

WAi4AM1.jpg
There are a few there I'd like to see!

Rufus Wainwright in Harrogate a few years back. Brilliant.
( before that Van the Man, Dylan , and Steve Earle)

Used to go to Glastonbury every year, but 2005 was the last. Didn’t fancy the 2007 line up and nothing since made me want to go again. It’s lost it’s magic for us now.
Last big gig was Fleetwood Mac at the O2 in 2015, great to see Christine back in the band.
Wonderful night!
Since then we’ve lived in France and just seen a few local bands. Best one was Sur Les Docks playing at Wissant ( near Calais)

Megastar family IMO, Martha is one of my all time fave artists and also a big fan of their Dad.[/QUOTE Don't hear much of Rufus now, Martha one hell of a voice. I used to frequent a decent forum but cant find it now,

Megadeath, Five Finger Death Punch and Bad Wolves next January in Cardiff :banana:

Back