What was the last gig you went to?

Steven Wilson at the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester , really enjoyed it, the man is a rock god

Don't go to many - not much to choose from locally, especially bands that we want to see!

Last night was an exception; Hayseed Dixie were in town. Great fun and much better live (their CDs are great too.)

Just bought a ticket to see Within Temptation in November, long time since I've been to Brixton Academy, nice size venue

Just got back from playing my first ever paid gig - a celidh at a village party. It's funny how, having played out for 4 decades, this is the first time I can remember actually getting money. And I was playing bass too, instead of guitar.

I got nothing on til November now...

CzVZO02.jpg

UFO have announced their 50th anniversary UK tour dates for March and April next year. Phil Mogg is retiring and although he has given the band his blessing to continue without him, this is pretty much a farewell tour.
I am definitely going go to the final gig in London but I might try and make another one too. They were great when I saw them 3yrs ago.

Added an extra date in Southampton, good live band

Tried ordering tickets for Ozzy and Judas Priest at O2 through 02 priority this morning and failed miserably. Will have to try again.

Currently sitting up in the gods at the O2 waiting for Iron Maiden.

Saw them at the O2 last time they were there (I, too, was in the gods!). Loads of energy - I thought they might be nearing retirement but that gig changed my mind. They appeared to be very proud of The Book of Souls and it seemed to have given them a new lease of life.
Thankfully they didn’t do Empire of the Clouds, as that would have been half the set list by itself...

Sorry but I just don't see the point of going to see and hear a favorite artist in a setting like that.

I saw U2 at the old Wembley and it was epic. Not all artists can perform to a stadium, but some can. Alas, I’m too young to have ever seen Queen live, but from what I’ve seen in recordings, they could have electrified an audience of millions.

Arctic monkeys in the Royal Albert hall Amazing...

As you would expect the acoustics there are superb, only been there once.
Went with my wife when we took our niece and her friend to see...........wait for it.........….A-Ha

They were actually very good and that's saying something coming from an old rocker like me

Genesis Connected at Hornchurch, tribute band, mainly Collins era stuff, smattering of Gabriel and Mike + The Mechanics. Pretty good considering how much I loved Genesis old stuff sung by Collins.

After failing, yesterday, to get O2 Priority tickets for Ozzy at the O2 next year, I managed to get tickets through Live Nation pre-order this morning.
All aboard! Haha. :)

My son got us tickets for Slash at Hammersmith in February.

Metallica at Twickenham in June added to next year's list.

Just got back to the hotel after seeing Soft Cell. What a great show. Marc Almond has an amazing voice.

Damn! Was all set to see Slade on 30th Oct in Bury St Edmunds then find out Robyn Hitchcock is playing in Cambridge the same night... decisions....

Saw Rae Morris Friday night , that girl can sing , every note perfect . Support was good too a guy called Adam French

King Creosote at Leith Theatre last August. Excellent.

Next one is Mark Kozalek at the weekend, canny wait.

Last and only gig...…...Level 42 back in the middle 1980's!

Marc Broussard at Nells Jazz and Blues last night in West Kensington - a great lively gig, but wishing it was longer and not all the way in West Kensington which made travel a pain in the bum! Next gig is Lykke Li at Brixton academy! & before that it was Molotov Jukebox at Borderline in Soho (really fun live band, check them out!)

Tomorrow P!nk finally announces her UK tour and I'm already stressed about trying to get tickets in this climate of ticket touts and tickets 'selling out' in 5 seconds. I don't often go to gigs of huge artists like this so I'm glad i don't have to deal with this kind of scenario for most gigs i book for!

Marc Broussard at Nells Jazz and Blues last night in West Kensington - a great lively gig, but wishing it was longer and not all the way in West Kensington which made travel a pain in the bum! Next gig is Lykke Li at Brixton academy! & before that it was Molotov Jukebox at Borderline in Soho (really fun live band, check them out!)

Tomorrow P!nk finally announces her UK tour and I'm already stressed about trying to get tickets in this climate of ticket touts and tickets 'selling out' in 5 seconds. I don't often go to gigs of huge artists like this so I'm glad i don't have to deal with this kind of scenario for most gigs i book for!
If you are on 02 you can get presale priority a couple of days before general sale or if you register on Live Nation you can get presale tickets the day before general sale.

If you are on 02 you can get presale priority a couple of days before general sale or if you register on Live Nation you can get presale tickets the day before general sale.

It's a stadium gig and as far as i can see it wont be on 02 priority. There a a few pre sales I can get access to, but even with pre sales - gigs like this are still s*** shows to try and get tickets too. Believe me, I've done all the researching I can to make sure i know all the ways to get tickets! and it's about getting the tickets you *want*, not Level 5 nose bleed seats. I saw P!nk at Scala in Kings Cross - so Wembley Stadium is like hell on toast in comparison! You'd only get a pre sale with Live Nation if they are the promoter, and they aren't for the UK as far as I can see.

Lykke Li at Brixton last Sunday - tonight a '90s fest' at Indigo2 and just booked tickets to see Beverley Knight at the Festival Hall with an orchestra!

Public Service Broadcasting in Newport, last few shows of their Every Valley album

Just on the long journey home from seeing Within Temptation at Brixton Academy. Great live band, really involve the crowd and good mix of new and old songs.

Thought it was looking to good on the bank account, got to try for ZZ Top tickets tomorrow now, had to check 12 July didn't clash with anything else, fortunately it is the day after we go to see Kiss.
Waiting to see what other bands are announced for Ramblin Man Fayre, might have to get tickets for that too.

Andy Fairweather Low last month and seeing Lindisfarne next.

Melvins supported by John Spencer Blues Explosion at the Concorde2 in Brighton a few weeks ago. Awesome night.

Back