What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

Name
Jeremy Moore
Edit My Images
No
I've got a big decision to make .

My 5d4 is going to be replaced under guarantee (I think) with a new one, following a fault that seems to be un - repairable. So do I sell the new one "unused, as new" and get max price for it, and take the plunge with an Olympus OM1 Mk2 system ?

I'm concerned by all I have read and heard about Olympus menus. If they are as bad as people say , it would drive me round the bend.

Edit My Images
No

My 5d4 is going to be replaced under guarantee (I think) with a new one, following a fault that seems to be un - repairable. So do I sell the new one "unused, as new" and get max price for it, and take the plunge with an Olympus OM1 Mk2 system ?

I'm concerned by all I have read and heard about Olympus menus. If they are as bad as people say , it would drive me round the bend.
It, compared to Canon, is the epitome of s computer with a lens attached.

IMO it does some getting to grips with but I also use the 3 custom "saves' that does help when changing situations arise.

HTH ;)

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
It’s 11:25 and the posty is due to arrive before 1pm with my new Fuji X-T3 and 18-55 Lens.
my D750 spends more time at home now due to its weight so though a smaller lighter camera would be used more. ( I’ve been here a few times!)
If this camera measures up, my Nikon kit might be for sale soon.

Name
Jeremy Moore
Edit My Images
No
It, compared to Canon, is the epitome of s computer with a lens attached.

IMO it does some getting to grips with but I also use the 3 custom "saves' that does help when changing situations arise.

HTH ;)

No, what I really want is for someone (preferably everyone) to say - no, take no notice of the naysayers, its easy.

For an old dog like me........ new tricks....... eeerrrrr.........

Name
Soeren
Edit My Images
Yes
No, what I really want is for someone (preferably everyone) to say - no, take no notice of the naysayers, its easy.

No, take no notice of the naysayers, its easy, just do it. :LOL:
Oh Im not using Olympus BTW

Last edited:

nandbytes

I owe Cobra some bacon
Edit My Images
Yes

Menu's rarely get used in cameras these days.

I use Sony which is another brand that gets knocked for menus. But with all the customisations available on the bodies these days, I haven't gone in to the menus since the first week after I actually bought the camera! So who cares :p

But I am not sure how you will like moving from full frame to m43. I personally didn't like it much for my main body.

Last edited:
Edit My Images
No

Take no notice of the anti mFT Olympus naysayers :)

But you could try an Olympus WoW test drive or even do a hire from Lensforhire to settle your mind on it.

As for old dog, don't be so bl***y cheeky....ooops! I see you were talking about yourself ;)

PS after I got mine my brother got the same Oly twin zoom kit.....he is a tad computer "short- tempered" and he has managed it AOK bearing in mind he uses it for most of his paid work.

Name
Jeremy Moore
Edit My Images
No
Take no notice of the anti mFT Olympus naysayers :)

But you could try an Olympus WoW test drive or even do a hire from Lensforhire to settle your mind on it.

As for old dog, don't be so bl***y cheeky....ooops! I see you were talking about yourself ;)

PS after I got mine my brother got the same Oly twin zoom kit.....he is a tad computer "short- tempered" and he has managed it AOK bearing in mind he uses it for most of his paid work.

That's reassuring to know. A test drive seems like a good idea. I wonder if they do mail order........

Edit: probably not.........

Last edited:
Name
Jeremy Moore
Edit My Images
No
Menu's rarely get used in cameras these days.

I use Sony which is another brand that gets knocked for menus. But with all the customisations available on the bodies these days, I haven't gone in to the menus since the first week after I actually bought the camera! So who cares :p

But I am not sure how you will like moving from full frame to m43. I personally didn't like it much for my main body.
I've been using a Canon M5 as well as various Canon full frame bodies. TBH I don't find the M5 very satisfying to use compared to DSLR. So it IS a big decision.

Edit My Images
No
That's reassuring to know. A test drive seems like a good idea. I wonder if they do mail order........

Edit: probably not.........
But http://lensesforhire.co.uk/ deliver ;)

Yes, unlike the free test drive, hiring will cost but as you say it is a big decision.....so spending a few £'s to be sure makes sense?

Name
Nightmare
Edit My Images
No
Much smaller sensor is much smaller sensor and nothing is going to change that. I'd be OK with it as a backup, maybe 2nd backup or incidental camera, but no more.

nandbytes

I owe Cobra some bacon
Edit My Images
Yes
Im resisting the urge to chop all my pentax and canon stuff in for a Sony A74 IV ... only thing that puts me off is the weather sealing / resistance. My K-1 works in all environments.
My A7RIII works fine in UK rain and snow.
A7RIV is supposedly better.

Much smaller sensor is much smaller sensor and nothing is going to change that. I'd be OK with it as a backup, maybe 2nd backup or incidental camera, but no more.
I used to use a LX100(ii) which I really liked. The lens wasn't as good as the one in my RX100m3 (hated using that body though).
But made for decent back up. I am kinda stuck between APS-C fixed lens body vs. LX100ii vs. just buying another body for back up. I used the RX1RII for a little while too.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Lusting for a 100-400 for the fuji. Not likely to get it any time within the next year...

So considering trading in the fuji kit for a 5diii, 400mm 5.6 and a 24/28mm prime. But that's a bit ambitious also...

Edit My Images
Yes
Got proper GAS over the Godox AD200 pro, it’s not even that expensive and its been annoying me for weeks now.
The real kicker, I don’t ever use flash :thinking: :banghead: