What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

Currently lusting after a Sony 20mm f1.8, Sony 135mm f1.8, Simon King ultimate hide...... :)

Been using my Simon King Hide for 3 years now (on almost a daily basis) and they are great. - After 3 years, it's getting a bit tatty, so need to order another one!

My only criticism, is that the zip on the main door could do with upgrading to a 'YKK' unit.

I have a hankering for a large Gitzo (or similar) tripod, something that is very tall without the need for a central column, but also lightweight and not something to make me bankrupt (I know, a big ask!)

My next purchase? Doubtful but..........

It should be a dream to own and to all intents and purposes, an awesome piece of kit. The proof of the pudding as they say but I wouldn't mind trying it.

At close to 10k for it and some glass though, I don't see it happening anytime soon and still only geared to landscapes really for my tastes.

I assume you haven't heard of the 100s. better and cheaper :)

50 sheets of A4 Gloss plus 50 free.........the excitement is tangible :oops: :$ :ROFLMAO:!

Well assuming at least one of the two Pentax ME Super's I have arriving tomorrow actually work then I'll be on the lookout for a Takumar lens or two. Probably grab a WA (28 or 35mm) and an 85 or 105mm. One comes with an SMC 50/1,4 which appears to be in good shape.

Not been shooting muc at all lately, outside of family lock down pics! But with Spring kicking in I'm getting that itch for a new [or old] macro lens, also some form of cheap tele - have my eye on a Nikon 80-200 F4 Ais going cheap on a local site, might be a bit of fun.

My next purchase is going to be a Sony FE 28mm f1.8, as I’m curious about using one for street photography, and they can be picked up relatively cheaply second hand. Also, I’m thinking about changing my username...Not ‘Nikon’ Nick anymore [emoji6]

Having just ordered a new Nikon D850, I shall now be starting to save for a used Nikon 14-24 f2.8 to complete my 'Holy Trinity' of f2.8 lenses.

In the meantime, I have to photograph my other cameras and lenses that I won't be using any more. :whistle:

Pre-ordered the new Fuji 70-300 f/4-5.6 R LM IOS WR and 1.4 extender - an earlybird deal saving £200 on the extender. Trading in my 50-140 f/2.8 for them - won't miss 2.8 with my style shooting...

will that lens take a tc ?
on most nikons it has to be fast glass only for a tc

- A Nikon 500pf but I will never get one - too expensive and I have run out of stuff to sell. Don't actually need it -have the 300pf and a tam g2 150-600 but you can always dream...

On a more realistic level I am still looking at oly em1.2 prices - down to 599 at Hdew. Only have a em5.1 at the moment,

At the other end of the scale I just got a 100 quid Meike 35/1.8 for Nikon 1 mount and its surprisingly good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Recent events... have helped me save enough to finally add a Sigma 70-200 f2.8 Sport to my collection, this supplements my Sigma 150-600 f5-f6.3 very well.
I would have loved to get all Nikon lenses but the costs (even used) are beyond my budget. With my Nikon 24-120 f4 I think I am fully covered, however, I have kept my older D3200 to use with my Nikon 85mm micro...... !

Lust:
Leica lenses, 50mm f0.95 nokton probably. but pretty much any of the standard lens

Likely to get:
spare battery
lee filters holder and adapter (so I can finally use the dark glass)
novo flex visoflex macro tube set
voigtlander 35 f1.2 mkiii (new) or leica elmarit 21mm (special/used)

But also might not be getting for a long time... life and other responsibilities :D

Trying to find an M42 24mm (under £50) for my most recent purchase - a Fujifilm XT10 Loving those old manual lenses

Lusting after a Fuji GFX100S and glass to suit...

After scanning a shed load of 1990's motorsport photos for my camera club presentation the other night I really want a Canon T90, FD 200mm f4, FD 135mm f2.8 & a Vivitar 400mm f5.6.

Had a great time reminiscing.

For once in my photographic life, I am happy with my lot.
This doesn't mean that I don't lust after different gear.
I've never tried any of the Fuji XT range but I keep thinking I'm missing out on something. Perhaps someday ;)

What I'm lusting over at the moment though is trading my a7iii for an a9 and adding the Sony 200-600

Lust #2 would be a Fuji MF kit but to be honest it would be a huge overkill for me, however, once these lockdowns are lifted and I'm free to roam away from home ....

If I spotted a flash for my D90 and D3300, I just might. It would have to be bargain basement price though.

Back