What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
No
that's ideal for travel... 17-28/2.8, 28-200mm and a small prime.... may even 35GM.
so you have the small or the medium version of the bag??
I have the larger version.

Looking online, it appears there are slightly variations in them. This review lacks the leather strap across the front that tucks in the flap. You can just about see in the 2nd photo above.

Name
Steve France
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a dilemma, I have been unhappy with the performance (AP) of my Nikon D610 and Sigma 150-600C for some time. Now I also have a D3200 with lens that I have not use for quite a while and have been offered a 'mint' condition D7500 for my old kit and some cash (from me). My dilemma is should I take this offer !

Edit My Images
Yes
I have a dilemma, I have been unhappy with the performance (AP) of my Nikon D610 and Sigma 150-600C for some time. Now I also have a D3200 with lens that I have not use for quite a while and have been offered a 'mint' condition D7500 for my old kit and some cash (from me). My dilemma is should I take this offer !
what dont you like about the 610,i thought the image quality was great when i had mine.is it the AF etc?

Name
Steve France
Edit My Images
Yes
what dont you like about the 610,i thought the image quality was great when i had mine.is it the AF etc?
I love my 610 and the Sigma 150-600c, however, I have been unhappy with the AF when photographing BIF (Great on stationary subjects). Missing the focus and not locking-on and all to often hunting (requiring a re-focus to infinity). I have tried all sorts of settings and I admit getting a bit frustrated of my fellow photographers who almost exclusively use D500 + Nikon 500 PF lenses to get much better results (beyond my budget). Being offered the D7500 in exchange for my old kit plus some cash seems a good offer and the improved AF may produce the results i want or it may not, hence the dilemma.

Name
Steve France
Edit My Images
Yes
Update - Offer was confirmed after they checked my old kit over (sensor needed a clean) and I checked theirs (less than 10k actuations) - covered their palm with some £20's and the deal was done, if only it would stop raining so I stop reading the manual and get out and do some photography.......

woof woof

In the habit
Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
I tell you something, you can fit quite a lot in there. 1 lens on the body and 2 loose.

Although i normally just do this.

This is where the logo is.

Or the back against your body, which nobody sees.

Stop It.

:D

woof woof

In the habit
Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
That is one class bag, just been Googling it and sounds a belter of a bag. As I already have to many bags most PD ones, I don't think I'd get a Ryker... Yet
I like the look of them but I don't think I'd want to use it on the beach where it'll very possibly touch wet sand or in the hills where it'll very possibly touch wet grass and soil etc. I may be wrong but I see it more as a town bag. So far my Billingham is unmarked and I do use it anywhere. Maybe the Ryker would stand up to this,

Edit My Images
Yes
A good secondhand Olympus 60mm f/2.8 Macro Lens (for Micro Four Thirds).

I used to love macro with film camers and extension tubes. Now there is focus stackin a proper macro lens would be nice. Of course, I'd also need one of those adjustable rails too... there's always the next thing, isn't there? :)

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
No
Another <redacted>mother<redacted><redacted><redacted><redacted> eyecup. In nearly 40 years of photography, I've lost 3. All in the last 18 months. Beginning to wonder if I've changed what I'm doing or the camera has a design flaw.

Ach well, at least they're only £7 a pop.

Nod

As good as a wink to a blind horse
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been doing dangerous stuff - thinking!!!

I've come to the conclusion that what I want (what I really, really want...) doesn't exist except in many people's minds - a UWA-supertele zoom that's a constant f/1, is perfectly balanced on a small body, is small and costs a fiver. Perfect rectilinear rendering is a given. Pretty much accepted that that will never exist. However...

The other thing I'd like but doesn't seem to exist is a properly waterproof compact. I've had a few and they've all eventually leaked. Terminally and expensively! Surely it's possible to make a sealed unit with cordless charging and data transfer. I'm not too bothered about data transfer speed and since the thing's going to spend most of its working life underwater, weight isn't too much of a problem, after all, I'm happy lugging a bag of Fujis around! Until I find something like this, a selection of super cheap (~30 quid) gopro type things in housings (included in that ~30 quid) will have to do.

Name
Jeremy
Edit My Images
No
Always told myself I wouldn't need a tripod and they are a faff, but its opened up a new (faffy) type of photography and thinking

Last edited:
Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Now the Fuji X100 finally comes with a tilting screen, I'm showing an unhealthy interest.

Name
Nick (yes there is more than one of us)
Edit My Images
Yes
I really fancy getting a Nikon D2H, yes old school (very :D ) but I fancy that JFET sensor they used only in these. Plus they can be very cheap.

EJB

Name
Ted
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking to buy a used Nikon 70-300 lens. Have the 70-300 kit lens but need to get the much better version .
£250 to change so might just squeeze that past Her Majesty :rolleyes: ;)

Name
Mads
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm trying to avoid the temptation to buy a 50mm 1.4, as I've got a 1.8, and save a bit to get myself an 85mm 1.8