What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
eBay is lethal...having GAS thoughts over either a 645 mount 150-300 or 300...

Who says's medium format has to be expensive. It's working out cheaply indeed.

I have a 200 F4 and 80-160 zoom for my 645z.

Recommendation from @Canon Bob says the 300 F5.6 prime is the one...my gut says I'll enjoy the zoom range from 200-300mm a lot and also from 150-200mm also. Head say's also it's a bit big without a tripod collar and the 300 prime would be easier to carry and support when shooting telephoto landscapes.

Decisions. If I go for either I could sell ALL my remaining Nikon gear and never look back and what I have to sell would comfortably give £2500. I've been enjoying the 645z so much I don't want to use another camera...

Head says - no need - I really only shoot tele style when abroad and there ain't gonna be any of that...

Last edited:
Name
Jason
Edit My Images
No
Exceptionally small beer - a cap buckle (because I'm forever losing my lens caps in the multitude of pockets I have)

Name
Dunc
Edit My Images
No
I'm too impatient and impetuous to lust after things for very long. I've been eyeing an Asahi Takumar 85mm f/1.9 listed at Ffordes for the last few days. Today I couldn't take it any longer and my card succumbed to another hit it probably shouldn't have.

85MM-1.jpg

Nikon_Nick

Shirley
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Decided to dip my toe into drones, and have ordered a Mavic Mini 2. Excited!
Took my first flight with the Mini 2 this afternoon. I have to say...it is SO much fun. Easy to set up, intuitive controls etc. I was only really practising manoeuvres, and checking out the different flight modes to get a feel for it, but my 3 fully charged batteries were all used, and left me wishing I had 3 more. I took a few RAW photos, and a couple of short clips in 4K to check the quality later on, but on first impressions, I think it will be going everywhere with me :0)

Name
Simon Everett
Edit My Images
Yes
Having learned to fly with the basic AIR, I am looking for the 1" sensor in the Pro2 and the extra flight time will be a bonus. I have 5x batteries for the AIR which gives me useful flight overall, but it is a pain to have to keep coming back every 15 minutes, if flying gently you can stretch that to 17 minutes but hovering for still photography and just a little adjustment of position takes more battery than flying level. In essence the pro2 has double the flight time and stronger wind capability, plus the much greater resolution and low light performance. I have some uses for it this year provided we get the weather. I need to learn to produce videos too - sound is the biggy, so I might invest in a couple of microphones too and a spund recording device. The video clip aspect is only part of video, good sound can make a massive difference.