What will be your next photography related purchase? Or what photography gear do you lust after?

I only shoot wildlife and recently had a total knee replacement.........so I have just bought this Land Rover 90, that will save me a lot of walking to remote woodland locations.

It can also double up as a mobile hide. ;)

IMG_2155 by Glynn Hobbs, on Flickr
Have driven LRs since 2000...living in Norway as I do, they are a dream in winter...

I do not lust after any photography equipment as I have what I need and can sensibly use. More useful to me would to be 30 years younger but you cannot buy that. Life does seem unfair; when I was in my twenties driving an ancient A30, I saw many really nice sports cars around almost always driven by old men. I would have enjoyed a sports car then but do not desire a sports car now.

Dave

Just arrived this week a XT30 and I have just purchased a AD200 both from TP classifieds:)(y)

Currently waiting on delivery of iPad
Android fire tablet has developed a.mind of its own only works when IT wants to

Got shot of the Z 70-200 f/2.8, and cancelled my order for the Z 100-400mm as my official diagnosis on my C6 spine nerve issue shows stuff that can’t be fixed and isn’t going to ‘get better’ on it’s own.

On a mission to keep my kit lightweight. Grabbed a 300mm f/4E PF and TC1.4E III combo for the Z6. Much lighter setup for my outdoors/wildlife pics.

Now my lens lust is laser-targetted on the Nikon AF-S 70-200mm f/4G VR IFED as its soooo much lighter than the absolutely wonderful Z f/2.8 version. I am happy with the f/4 as pushing ISO a bit is fine for my use case.

Nothing, really. My gear is very limited, but it meets my fairly limited needs.

I might buy a Noct Nikkor f1.2 and a film Leica (possibly an M4) with a couple of lenses if I ever win the lottery, but otherwise it's a fantasy!

I just pulled the trigger on an RF24-105L to replace my EF version.
Excited to get it. Hopefully it'll arrive before the weekend.

Think I fancy the Sony A74, possibly, although I don't need it, that isn't the point :D

I think you should.

I've laid my hands on one recently and it's the first Sony I've handled that I thought "yeah, I could make this work".

1. The EVF is much much improved
2. From memory the handgrip and build seems more robust
3. 42 to 61mp isn't nothing.

I'd like a Sigma 200mm-500mm f/2.8... comes with a 2x teleconverter, for an f/5.6 1000mm that auto-focuses... sadly, I will never get one...
1643928310006.png

Yeah but is it sharp and how quick is the AF?
At that price point, it better be both sharp and fast... and at 35 lbs weight, it'll require a limber and carriage...

I'd quite like a D850, after the research I have done.

Just wondering where the best deal is to get one. Full price seems around £2.5k mark, e-Infin have it cheaper but never used them before.

I'd quite like a D850, after the research I have done.

Just wondering where the best deal is to get one. Full price seems around £2.5k mark, e-Infin have it cheaper but never used them before.

E-Infin are fine. So are Panamoz who would be my recommended supplier for the 3 year warranty - little pricer than E-Infin but for that long warranty it makes sense for the extra £100 or so.

I doubt you'd be disappointed by one. The camera is really quite a leap on from the D810 - and runs the more expensive 645z medium format stuff awfully close indeed for resolution and overall IQ.

I think you should.

I've laid my hands on one recently and it's the first Sony I've handled that I thought "yeah, I could make this work".

1. The EVF is much much improved
2. From memory the handgrip and build seems more robust
3. 42 to 61mp isn't nothing.
Its the a7R4 that is 61mp
Steelo mentioned the a7iv

I have the newer a7R4a and its a step above every other Sony I've owned.

Its the a7R4 that is 61mp
Steelo mentioned the a7iv

I have the newer a7R4a and its a step above every other Sony I've owned.

It was the new A7RivA I tried when I was sorting the Wex/Fixation saga.

I really couldn't believe how far its moved on. I never encountered the A7r4 but the A7R3 etc and older running workshops and honestly I really didn't rate them. Yeah they're the future etc but I prefer mature products - I'm not an early adopter.

This thing though is the Z9s sensor guard (I hate sensor dirt and anything that reduces it I see as worthwhile) and shutter mechanism (or lack of) away from being "the finished article". It seemed more robust feeling also. Ideal basically.

@Steelo should buy the A7r4a without a doubt or hold out for A7rV which will probably have these features

Last edited:

I really couldn't believe how far its moved on. I never encountered the A7r4 but the A7R3 etc and older running workshops and honestly I really didn't rate them. Yeah they're the future etc but I prefer mature products - I'm not an early adopter.

This thing though is the Z9s sensor guard (I hate sensor dirt and anything that reduces it I see as worthwhile) and shutter mechanism (or lack of) away from being "the finished article". It seemed more robust feeling also. Ideal basically.

@Steelo should buy the A7r4a without a doubt or hold out for A7rV which will probably have these features
Totally agree!!

Yeah, I just bought a Panasonic Lumix S5 tonight.... :ROFLMAO:

I think I ought to take my snaps a little more seriously and look at a good filter system. I quite like the look of the Kase Wolverine system. But you can't rush into these things. ;)

Was thinking of getting the canon R5 (probably) or 6, someone mentioned the free Canon trial so have booked the R5 and 24-105L for Easter weekend, so will have for 4 full days at grand cost of £0.

Have to put a deposit of abut £1400 down a week before they deliver, fully refunded as long as I don't break it, pretty good deal I think. Could have booked it for earlier trial but thought 4 days would be better trial (only 4 days as kit can't be delivered/picked up on bank hols)

E-Infin are fine. So are Panamoz who would be my recommended supplier for the 3 year warranty - little pricer than E-Infin but for that long warranty it makes sense for the extra £100 or so.

I doubt you'd be disappointed by one. The camera is really quite a leap on from the D810 - and runs the more expensive 645z medium format stuff awfully close indeed for resolution and overall IQ.

Nice one thanks Steve, I shall take a look at Panamoz if they offer a 3 year warranty.

My next photography related purchase will be my house!! Well paying off the mortgage which is allowing me to go part time at work so that I have much more time to indulge my hobbies :)

sony 24-70 gm

put up a wanted ad but will probably end up having to buy one elsewhere, nobody has anything for sale when you want something lol

I’ve just ordered a Nikon Z 24-120. No stock though so I’ll have to wait.

Back