What's the wind like where you are!

Galaxy66

Jeremy Beadle
Name
My name is Mal not Jeremy :)
Edit My Images
Yes
We are in the Peak District at the moment, the wind is gusting really bad out there at a property damage level and I am told the Midlands will get the brunt of it at 1pm, I have only ventured out to move my car from beside a tree, can't imagine what it is going to be like later!!

I was going out to post a sale on here and also pay for a purchase over the counter at the bank but I am afraid they will just have to wait as I am not venturing out there!!

Edit, just spotted Ian's thread.

Last edited:
Doncaster not too bad at the moment, a little gusty but cycling to work later should be fun.

Windy and wet although not had to dodge any bins or benches just yet

A faint whisper in the trees......almost blew me off my feet this morning! :D

Calm & fine here in Cannock Staffs at the moment, i'm sure it will be haeding to us soon though!:(

Very windy here (Darlington Area) but dry at the moment ment to be getting worse soon..

It was quite gusty at 8.30 am this morning (Notts) and my thighs are really aching with having to cycle up the hill with the wind facing me. But it has to be done. LOL!

Quite windy here at Folkestone, but I think last Tuesday's gales had more clout. :D

Mind you, it's quite miserable, overcast and drizzly as well. :puke:

Very gusty, but then well within normal autumn/wintery wind levels for us - being on the west side of Leeds's suburban spread, we tend to get some harsh winds coming off the Pennines (especially being sort-of at the top of a hill, and a 1st floor flat).

Haven't heard the swish of the neighbour's TV aerial whipping about in the wind yet though, that's normally a good indicator of 'damned windy'.

Toasted sourdough for breakfast, so my very local forecast will be 100% reliable.

Not forecast to get the higher winds till Wednesday here, just a bit blustery as per normal just now.

I camped in gale force winds in Lincoln over the weekend. Our marquee has died. I ended up running around it with a roll of gaffer tape....pics to follow...

My office was shut today, apparently the scaffolding currently surrounding it or something was falling off the roof because of the wind.

Not that windy in Stoke. I'm on a hillside and so it is generally more breezy than average. I'm not outside though. Can't hear anything flapping so can't be that bad!

The wind supposedly peaked in the wee small hours. Forecast isn't showing much. Weather station is showing sunshine and clouds and no storm warning... doesn't mean much. Stupid thing often says rain when it stays sunny for days and vice versa! My old one was better. Showed actual barometric pressure with a graph so you could see when it was dropping.

It's just changed to full sun!

Last edited:
Windy and rainy in south west Scotland, down the coast from Glasgow. to get progressively worse into the evening, apparently, and then calm down a bit into the night.

Its getting very nasty here in Troon, Ayrshire. Neighbour's fence has just blown down and am due to take my son to the orthodontist for his new braces at 2pm :help:

Its getting very nasty here in Troon, Ayrshire. Neighbour's fence has just blown down and am due to take my son to the orthodontist for his new braces at 2pm :help:

relatively speaking you're just doon the road from here... it does seem to be worsening.

Very windy in Manchester, but i did eat a rather nice Korma last night :)

very bad in Lincolnshire, and that's getting the power and internet too

Might get windier in Stoke later. I've had beans on toast for lunch :D

Still doesn't look unusually windy outside at all.

well i have just shifted the fence BBQ may have lived pain in the neck mind oh well

well i have just shifted the fence BBQ may have lived pain in the neck mind oh well
I presents an opportunity to get to know your neighbours if you have not already done so:D

we know each other, it also present the opportunity to build a wall there instead so i can't see the bloody mess which is their garden. lol just hacked it happened

Bit breezy here in Cambs, not that bad though and hope all stays well for the people bearing the brunt of the storm

this thread is useless without pictures... i want to see Sea coming over the walls !!!

Your wish is my command. :)

I took myself down to the beach today at 12 pm, half an hour after high tide had occurred.

Both photos were taken at Folkestone sea front, all only a five minute's walk from my house.

Stormy%2BSeas%2BSept%2B11.jpg

Stormy%2BSeas%2BSept%2B11%2B2.jpg

After all that, I can't complain about not getting enough fresh air!

Back