weekly Wornish's 52 2023 Week 52 added: Favourite 2023 Image

I love the purple, reds and blues, but I'm not sure what I make of the green halo around the light. I like that it contrasts with the purple but then I also find it a bit distracting.

Two great images David. I want lights like that in all my rooms!

I'm with your choice on the image - you've picked out some lovely soft colours, although it feels a little cut off a the bottom.

Incomplete fits the bill, good shot.
Artificial is really good with well controlled exposure. Really like this
Transparent, a nice reflection on this that really makes the shot.

Very pretty. I saw a TV program showing how they were made; amazing things they can do with glass.

Beautiful, reminds me of two little fish coming to the surface for air.

Nice colours, good and sharp, love the reflection on the table, which has some good textures showing.

I like the nice symmetry on the light falling onto this.

Week 5: Snappers Choice

Struggling this week, it's a bit heavy for me.

Anyway, look at the Shadows.

shadows.jpg

Last edited:
Nice image David, it has the feeling of a line drawing.

I think the hand looks a little over processed but otherwise I like the grittiness of it,
not sure about the inclusion of the pot? in the top but I do like the reflection of the lettering, maybe crop out the pot.
Its a creative image and its good to try different things.

Thanks for the feedback. Looking at it again this morning I agree with crop idea and do think it is a bit too processed. But at least I tried something different :)

A really interesting shot. Love the shadows, and I think the pot should stay, but I would remove the text. I agree that the hand is over-processed.

Well done for trying something different.

I think I like it :)
The pot looks like the only "real" thin in the pic, so I would have edited it out, but kept the reflection.

I disagree about the over-processing, I feel it adds an 'art' touch to the image that otherwise would merely be a picture of a hand in the light. If it had been cropped to show the reflection of the mug but none of the mug I think it might have been a little improved, but as it is. it is still an interesting and likeable picture.

Like the processing - maybe a bit OTT on the hand, but not bothered particularly by it.

I get the feel of an old treasure map - the shadows across it are great. The pot could go - but the reflected lettering is a welcome addition!

I think it works ok.

You gave it a good go, I struggle with snappers choice as well.

Pete

I like the texture you've created... it has a very "art" feel and there's nowt wrong with that.

Week 6: Knobs

Knobs-2.jpg

Spot the photographer. :headbang:

Alternative

Knobs-1.jpg

Last edited:
Quick off the mark... both good shots - apart from the obvious :D. Have to say I rather like the light and vignetting on =#2

Good detail in the first - like the reflection of the photo frame on the wall in them, I bet you wiped the black surface just before you took the shot too!

Nicely composed with focus spot on, with the screw on the right falling out of focus nicely

Nice knobs - I like a Telecaster and have owned a couple.

Those strings need trimming or you have someone's eye out lol.

Week 7: Letters

This week's letter is the Letter L for Learner.

Learner-BW.jpg

Alternative
Colour version

Learner.jpg

Very cute and the mono conversion works well.

Having seen the colour, finding the b&w a bit grey. Prefer the colour and think it works well for the theme.

I also prefer the colour version as the grey is a bit flat for my liking. Good idea for the theme though

Some interesting reflections and colours in there. The 'pattern' in the stone worktop adds interest.

Nice one David. I like your chosen image (a similar idea to my own).

I'd go with the chosen one. Am head scratching over the reflections too!

Back