weekly WW's 52

Name
Wayne
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there,
I've had my Nikon D90 for a couple of years now & I thought it's about time I started to take my 'hobby' seriously this year. So here's my 52 for 2013.
I'll be glad of any feedback, good or bad, as I progress & hopefully as the year & the photo's keep coming I'll be able to see some improvement along the way..

Cheers,
Wayne W

A moment on the lips..A lifetime on the hips.. by waywal, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Wayne

welcome to the 52's madhouse :wave:

Good to see you getting stuck in & ( though I'm struggling with this theme ) I do see the connection .

Cracking focus on the biscuit , you've caught the texture & color really well , looks like you reach in & pick it off the screen , nicely set out as well (y)

Not sure what you used as the base but the color seems a tad off & not consistent enough through the image - top, particularly right top has faded to a different color . I'd also clone out the little crumb & maybe crop a little from the bottom, just enough to take it off centre - I daresay Andy will disagree on this...I have no idea on crops:LOL:

Good start mister...2 weeks now to get geared up for wk 2 (y)

Thanks for the reply,
I agree with the background / base material. It's a cheap soft box type thing that I have, the colour cast is quite off like you said, certainly something to work on..
Hopefully the first of many more pictures for the next 12 months, not just in the 52 forum. I'm keen for the feedback to assist with my steep-ish learning curve.
Thanks again,

Wayne

Know what you mean by a lifetime to come off.... A lot of people (myself included) have committed to getting in shape in 2013, but for many (again myself included) that resolution doesn’t get much further than signing up for a gym membership and a few perfunctory workouts before those grand fitness plans fall to the wayside. Ok I haven't actually signed up yet,..,,

I agree about the colour to the background, it could do with lightening in my opinion. Could it be a lighting issue rather than the card you used?

Thanks for all the reply's, great feedback.
I did a little pp'ing in Lightroom to enhance the sugar & overall colour of the biscuit.
I will certainly work on my background / foreground coverings, as you have said, I think it detracts from the overall composition.
Thanks again for the encouragement, plenty to work on as the weeks progress

cheers,
Wayne

Hi, Wayne and welcome.

Cracking focus there and on theme...although chocolate biscuit would have worked better.

WB looks a tad of, as in a bit yellow. Easily fixed in PP.

Cheers.

Great start Wayne, bang on with the focus and like your idea
The backgrounds ok to me, but the subject lacks a bit oomf with the lighting according to laptop. Maybe difficuilt with your lightbox tho
Lighting's a very personal taste, if you like it, that's art (y)

Nice start maybe a bit less space top and bottom keeping the biscuit on the left nice sharp focus and I like the different tones in the background :clap:

I like the boldness of the empty space aruond it.

You've really caught the texture of the biscuit - I may have cloned out some of the crumbs, but I don't see them as a major distraction.

Hi Wayne, excellent shot! Great DoF, and I love the tone and composition.

Great idea, and the composition is spot on.

Looking forward to seeing more of your 52's :)

Good start to your 52 Wayne. The white balance/lighting issue has been mentioned already but I feel the composition is a little cramped, if you had shown a little more of the tape, it may have opened out the composition IYSWIM.
That aside, good detail on the biscuit and tape. Good work (y) iain

nice sharpness in the biscuit.. am feeling the theme as trying to diet.. great start :)

Back