weekly XFile2708s 52 Challenge for 2014 - week 12 added

Colour looks good Marcus (y) never been a sonic fan, it was was Super Mario original in our house :D

Colour looks good Marcus (y) never been a sonic fan, it was was Super Mario original in our house :D

Heathen! lol

Thanks matey - this was another shot taken as RAW and then dabbled with in both Lightroom 5 and Photoshop - im slowly getting my head around how it all works... lol (y)

Hi Marcus - not been in here before!

Unsure whether it would be easier or harder to make my own shots /. themes rather than follow the set ones. :thinking:

You seem to have a good grasp of the street style, I love the pair of old ladies out int the sunshine with their trollies! The hand on the stick is quite a powerful thought provoking shot so well done for inclouding that in here, and the sonic game on the PSP is a great blast from the past for a lot of us, me included.

Hi Marcus - not been in here before!

Unsure whether it would be easier or harder to make my own shots /. themes rather than follow the set ones. :thinking:

You seem to have a good grasp of the street style, I love the pair of old ladies out int the sunshine with their trollies! The hand on the stick is quite a powerful thought provoking shot so well done for inclouding that in here, and the sonic game on the PSP is a great blast from the past for a lot of us, me included.

Welcome aboard Graham - thanks for stopping by and the positive comments (y)

Hi Marcus
I am too old for those games so have no memories as others here, but like the punchy colours and the effort to take it - for some reason I get the view of you with one of those mouthorgan holders round your neck with the camera somehow attached :D :jawdrop:

Thanks Alan - I'm glad thats the image you came up with as opposed to anything else.. lol

To get the PSP shot I used my remote shutter release which gave me a window of two whole seconds to press the button and then grab the psp and get it in frame with the game at the point I wanted it - so trying to get it focused in that time, along with being level at the top, bottom and sides, with my thumbs in shot and catching the title screen before it went into the demo was all a bit of a nightmare to say the least.. lol

My 1st look in on your thread. Some nice B&W's I particularly like your 1st post. Gotta love a bit of sonic though, especially good given the effort it took to take it. I've triggered my shutter release with my toes before now :)

My 1st look in on your thread. Some nice B&W's I particularly like your 1st post. Gotta love a bit of sonic though, especially good given the effort it took to take it. I've triggered my shutter release with my toes before now :)

Thanks for stopping by matey - appreciate the comments (y)

Hi Marcus

Very sharp shot for Play , like the watch image (original version as the vertical one has a list on it ) & the shot of the film camera is great , well lit , neat angle

I'll drop by from time to time (y)

Hi Marcus

Very sharp shot for Play , like the watch image (original version as the vertical one has a list on it ) & the shot of the film camera is great , well lit , neat angle

I'll drop by from time to time (y)

Thanks Lynne - appreciate you stopping by and the feedback (y)

Great shots Marcus, love the black n White one of the old couple. Good photo of the one you holding your psp too, nice to see a colour one added too . Hope you, Jackie and the boys are ok.

Great shots Marcus, love the black n White one of the old couple. Good photo of the one you holding your psp too, nice to see a colour one added too . Hope you, Jackie and the boys are ok.

Thanks hun - have been pleased with the overall feedback on the PSP shot seeing as how much of a pain in the ass it was to get.. lol

Yes we're all good thanks (y)

Lots of aches and pains this week so figured this weeks shot would need to be captured indoors - this is 'Betsy' my 5yr olds favourite teddy bear.. as you can see its been well loved over the years (y)

Well Loved..
by XFile2708, on Flickr

How could anyone not love Betsy :) I think I would like to see all of her feet , but that's a minor detail.

Thanks Susie - I did have a play around with different distances but the final image was pretty much as far back in the Light Box as I could get unfortunately - overall Im still pretty pleased with it :)

Hi Marcus :wave: good to see you over here, I've been a bit remiss the past few weeks in commenting - not enough time and very busy. Nice start to your 52 I especially like the first pic of the indecisive lady (y)

I shall try really hard to keep up with the commenting now though.

Hi Marcus :wave: good to see you over here, I've been a bit remiss the past few weeks in commenting - not enough time and very busy. Nice start to your 52 I especially like the first pic of the indecisive lady (y)

I shall try really hard to keep up with the commenting now though.

Thanks Sarah - thought this might be a bit easier for me to commit to than the 365 challenge.. appreciate you stopping by (y)

Thanks Sarah - thought this might be a bit easier for me to commit to than the 365 challenge.. appreciate you stopping by (y)

Now, I'm struggling a bit - probably because I'm trying to "up my game" a touch - but hey ho we'll see :)

Hi Marcus, 'Betsy' looks well lit (y), I also thought it was a shame the feet were cropped but you've explained the reason why :)

Betsy is lovely, well composed shot. I have to say my only small niggle is being able to see all her feet.

Hi Marcus, 'Betsy' looks well lit (y), I also thought it was a shame the feet were cropped but you've explained the reason why :)

Thanks guys - maybe its a good excuse for me to put together another slightly larger Light Box :D

Nice teddy pic and like your choice elf BG. Agree about wanting to see all the feet. Also I'd like to have seen more of the eyes not that big a issue but you could maybe move the fur from covering them and perhaps a brush of the fur to fluff it up a bit where its laying flat. (y)

Nice teddy pic and like your choice elf BG. Agree about wanting to see all the feet. Also I'd like to have seen more of the eyes not that big a issue but you could maybe move the fur from covering them and perhaps a brush of the fur to fluff it up a bit where its laying flat. (y)

Thanks Michael - I did try to brush some of the fur away from the eyes but it just dropped back straight after as its only very short fur.. I wasn't fussed about fluffing any of the rest as I wanted it to remain with the well loved/tired look as opposed to looking like a teddy bear new out the box :)

Hi Marcus - that is a very decent subject for an image. :)
Given that you were trying to portray a well loved, well handled bear, i think that maybe you could have tried a more ' relaxed' pose - half fallen , a bit splayed , whatever - rather than the formal face-on approach. Maybe not even tried to include all of him. :thinking:

Hi Marcus - that is a very decent subject for an image. :)
Given that you were trying to portray a well loved, well handled bear, i think that maybe you could have tried a more ' relaxed' pose - half fallen , a bit splayed , whatever - rather than the formal face-on approach. Maybe not even tried to include all of him. :thinking:

Fair point Alan - yes I could have maybe found a prop and had him leaning against it or something.. definately something I'll have a think about for next time (y)

Hi Marcus, you have some cracking images in here, love the street ones and the OM brings back memories my first camera loved it, it never let me down, Betsy is just lovely (y)(y)

Thanks for stopping by Judi - glad you like the shots so far (y)

That works well enough for me. the dappled background looks really nice behind the flowers.

the crossed stems in the glass work well for you too.

I wouldn't say it comes across too central either.. The glass off to the side helps that

That works well enough for me. the dappled background looks really nice behind the flowers.

the crossed stems in the glass work well for you too.

I wouldn't say it comes across too central either.. The glass off to the side helps that

Thanks Graham - maybe I was just being overly critical.. appreciate the feedback as always (y)

Hi Marcus ... I like the choice of colours for the flowers, the red and white works well, adding the extra flower at the base really adds interest to the shot....I would be tempted to crop in from the right closer to the red carnations....but that's just me :)

Lovely composition works well for me

Thanks guys - glad it seems to not be as bad a shot as I initially thought.. lol (y)

The red flower really pops and I quite like the composition.

The red flower does look OOF and I tend to prefer cleaner BG, either white or black...that's just me, though.

Cheers.

The red flower really pops and I quite like the composition.

The red flower does look OOF and I tend to prefer cleaner BG, either white or black...that's just me, though.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy - I did have a play with the white balance to try and get the background a more solid black but obviously that had an impact on the other colours.. quite a juggling act with Lightroom.. lol

Nice arrangement with the flowers. I'd be tempted to crop in a bit from the RHS to the edge of the Red flower which would also give you the off centre you wanted. Not overly keen on the BG looks very noisy.

Nice arrangement with the flowers. I'd be tempted to crop in a bit from the RHS to the edge of the Red flower which would also give you the off centre you wanted. Not overly keen on the BG looks very noisy.

Thanks for the comments Michael - i'm struggling a bit with the background of late - its actually a solid piece of black card - im guessing its to do with the white balance as to why im not getting the solid black background showing through but confused slightly why its coming out the way it is.. :confused:

Back