weekly Yvette's 52 for 2020

Time - Great take on the theme I think we've all been filling out time doing jobs we usually put off.

Snappers Choice - Certainly is a high key image.

Snappers choice is a great image and uses the high key to make it even better.

That's definitely a punch in the face yellow! Better than coffee - I love that the bee is in there as well - it would be good without, but it's wonderful with.

Last edited:
Week 17 : More Than One of a Thing : Tomate de Boeuf

Tomate de Boeuf.JPG

An archive shot from Monflanquin in France, taken during a holiday there. I was really taken with the the shape and vibrancy of these beef tomatoes on the local market.

I agree with mark, I think the cut tomato is what really makes the shot.
Quite nice that it has a pink background too (or is that reflected light?).

The background was white, I think the pinkness is reflected light off the tomatoes. [emoji848]

Lovely colours. I like the cut tomato and the inclusion of the small blackboard.

Nice Beef Toms!

Hi Yvette,

Lovely shot for your initial. Nicely composed.
Lovely image for More than one. I agree with Tim, the cut tomato really adds to it as does the mini chalk board.

Week 18: Anything to do with Music : 'Pluck'

'Pluck'.JPG

Taken at my local pub, during it's Music (Beer) Festival last summer. Happy Days...

Last edited:
Lovely b&w image - I like the point of focus on the hand rather than the guitar. Makes for a great image.

Great contrasty b&w. The shadow depth of field works nicely and the composition is fantastic.

Thanks for your kind comments. I wasn’t sure about the white area; I could see a judge rambling on about highlights...[emoji849]

More than one has very nice vibrant colour, they look very appetizing.
Music, very nice composition, looks good in b&w, and I like the focus on one hand.

Music
Good b&w and pov. I like the focus on the hand.

Colourful
It certainly colourful

I'd terms to agree with Tim ref eye contact etc, but as a record of the socially distanced/disconnected of you're not careful, it works on a certain level. Love the colours in it!

Plenty of Colour in the photo and DOF just works to separate the background, In these times I think the angle of the shot works.

Pete

Music - great capture love the angle of view great mono conversion.

Colourful - I like the composition nice use of DoF.

Orange is still a colour :)

Was there an opportunity to get this shot with them coming towards you? Faces / Eyes make people shots imo.
Yes, got lots of them from all different angles..... I liked the anonymity of this one from the back though.

Week 20 : OLD and Technique ( MONO)

'French Girls Discover Camden'.JPG

This is really called 'French Girls Discover Camden'. I slipped it in to 'OLD' because it's an old photograph of mine, taken on a Camera Club outing to Camden Market in 2017. It was taken on the canal towpath. The garage door behind was completely covered in graffiti, a riot of colour, in a bad way!. ( I had to clone out the 'C' word for our next competition... The ladies were very obliging...

Interesting take on the theme Yvette.
I think you have it all covered (y)
( in all senses of the word :D )

It suits the black and white treatment. Nice urban street shot. These girls probably thought they were quite old or at least old enough [emoji106] ( my daughter suggested she could be my subject as she’s quite old now - just turned 25 [emoji23])

Back