weekly mtjhome's 52 Photos for 2012 - BUSY added. Hooray! - Made it to the end!!

Week 38 Flow

IMG_1600cs.jpg

Great stuff. I really like this one and great out of the box thinking with the theme. The wide angle and brightness of image make the subject almost jump out of the screen.

I agree with Peter about it coming out at you nicely done bang on theme and really well exposed, missing a bit of foil on the right only crit I could make.

agree about the clipped foil, but otherwise a brilliant pic. Although it should be the 'last one', the picture would look pretty rubbish with just one Rolo :LOL: having said that I can no longer eat chocolate so I best leave your page before I start drooling

Two SOOC attempts for change.
Both trying to say the same thing - change of colour (of the leaves), but very different shots.
Had to be done today because I'm away on business next week with very limited photo-opportunities. Comments will help me decide which to choose as my final submission!
This SOOC malarkey isn't easy is it???!! I'm just dying to do a bit of PP.

IMG_1730.JPG

IMG_1734.JPG

Last edited:
Second one gets my vote too Mike.
The colour change through the row of trees works well to the theme.
Good lighting too, the image has a warm autumnal feel to it.
Why not post an edited version too, sort of before and after. You have met the criteria of SOOC. Lets see what you would do to the image. I am sure it won't be that radically different as apart from a crop, there doesn't seem to be that much if anything to change. Iain

I like the trees all changing colour though you seem to have cropped slightly to much off the right hand side and some of the foreground could disappear

Hi Mike

friendship.....really does jump out of the screen at you....niggle about the cropped wrapper has been mentioned , really well lit with nicely white bg....top shot mister :clap:

Change & SOOC....I so know what you mean about pp.......been out n done my shot & got the same feeling.....a smidge off there , a tad of lightening here , small color boost , sharpen...I wanna do it :LOL:
I'm liking the upwards veiw in to the tree canopy showing the changing colors of the leaves (y)

Your chosen image....lovely autumnal feel to the scene , fabulous colors in the tree's & an almost blue sky (y) I like the edited version but can't help thinking it would work as a letterbox crop , losing most of the darker foreground ? You've bought the rich tones out really well without going overboard , I'd maybe have been tempted to crop closer to the lhs & leave more to the right , cloning out the over hanging branch if necessary ?

This SOOC still has me pondering....I'm thinking that we're maybe just proving that the camera can't faithfully record the color/tonal range our eye's see....& thats why pp was invented (y)

I love your 'change' because it shows the trees changing ( :LOL: ) - have to admit though I do prefer the edit version, although I'd be tempted to crop out the sky altogether :clap:

Hi Mike, Sorry I'm a little behind again!

Flow, I think your shot of the swan is beautiful :clap: I much prefer the edited version.

Friendship, are Rolos a sign of friendship? Or love if you would give up your last one? Who cares, it's chocolate, yummy! I love the composition, it almost looks 3d. The lighting does the colour of the choccies justice(y)

Change, what a perfect selection of trees you found there, showing autumn in it's glory! It's amazing how much PP can really add punch to a shot (y) My only crit of the PP'd shot is those little blue bin things or bin bags just in the line of the trees. You've done well to PP out the Telegraph pole, those blue things need to go too!

Natural - Well my plan was a spot of 'Deer Hunting' with the hope of coming up with a suitable shot.
Unfortunately the plan didn't really work out.
This was the best I could come up with...

IMG_4767s.jpg

However...
I did spot these on my travels...

IMG_4759as.jpg

I have a busy week next week, so it may well turn out to be my contribution for Natural

the light looks a bit washed out on the deer shot, and there's a stick (omg!) on the bottom right - but the fungi is a great shot, I love the way you've captured the dew too, colours are spot on :clap:

the light looks a bit washed out on the deer shot, and there's a stick (omg!) on the bottom right - but the fungi is a great shot, I love the way you've captured the dew too, colours are spot on :clap:
Thanks Summer. Yes deer pic was very disappointing - I can usually get much closer to them than I managed yesterday. Fungi shot was a real bonus - looks like flash but in fact they were in a glade of sunlight - wider shot showed that nicely, but you couldn't see the mushrooms so I went for the tight image.

Hi Mike,

Now you really need to get a grip, you should have been hidden at the bottom of the hill waiting for someone to the scare the deer towards you ;) Where was that taken, it looks very high with the steep hill in the distance! I went up Stokenchurch last week just off J5 of the M40, the views are amazing. Dam shame I forgot to put a stupid card in my camera :bonk:

The mushroom shot is excellent, I like how they go corner to corner on the diagonal (y)

Hi Marsha - thanks for the comments.
Pics were taken from one of my favourite spots in the Chilterns not so very far from Stokenchurch. (Actually most of my TP52 pics were taken in the countryside around here!)
I've come to learn where the deer 'live' and love to go and spot them in the wild - but it's very very difficult to get good pics!

Last edited:
Although a bit tight in the frame I do like the fungi shot. You seemed to have cracked the lighting and I like the glistening effect on the tops.

Back