weekly Marsha's photo 52 2012 is complete. NSF Dieters!

Marsha, Natrual fits the theme perfectly, I feel it's just a shame about the one that was near focus and clipped on the RHS... but... given a choice of this, or dealing with nettle stings... I'd probably have done the same ;)

Age, you did very well to capture this moment, especially using 1/30s. I think it's great... the only thing as Andy mentioned, the clipping of the ear on the LHS.

Hello, nice colours and some cracking broken, especially at bottom.
Do you mean bokeh:LOL:

Slight skirt to the right, maybe so the berries weren't clipped.
Dam I hadn't spotted them, alas there were berries all over the place and I was a tad rushed! But i'll remember that next time cheers Andy.

Cheers and you can't beat free fruit :£
I know he had his first ever black berry:)

Hi, again. Photographing kids can be fun but aaarrrggghhh as well. They've no sense of how important focus is :)

You did well to catch such an intimate moment. Crit, well clipped ear on e left is the only one. Although the toddler on the right appears to be punching the boy in the eye...lol
She was fascinated by his face a I think trying to poke his eyeball out! They were only there for about a minute and I grabbed this strainght away, after that there were people in the back ground :bonk:

Natrual fits the theme perfectly, I feel it's just a shame about the one that was near focus and clipped on the RHS... but... given a choice of this, or dealing with nettle stings... I'd probably have done the same ;)

Thanks John, I stung myself rushing and trying to stop him stinging himself :puke: Now what do dock leaves look like again?

Age, you did very well to capture this moment, especially using 1/30s. I think it's great... the only thing as Andy mentioned, the clipping of the ear on the LHS.
I've rescued some of the blur with PP thankfully, I did do another edit (on my Flickr) where I cropped the back of the baby just behind the ear to even it out a bit, but decided to leave it uncropped here!

Thanks for dropping in. I am hoping to catch up with everyone shortly!

Natural - Stunning colours and DoF on this one. A superb image

Age - This must be up for a caption competition. :LOL: There's also a real natural feel to it which I like. Maybe clone out the fingers holding the younger one if I was to crit anything.

Natural - Berries, yum! The only crit I have is, it looks a little over saturated? Oh, and as a side note, I like your spider web pictures on Flickr!

Age - Very cute, well done for capturing this.

Hi Marsha

Natural - on theme , some lovely colour and good focus except for the bit on rhs already mentioned. Well handled simple theme shot

Age - very hard to get such shots and the ear and fingers have been mentioned but , to be , honest i only saw these when pointed out because the subjects just grabbed my attention so quickly and easily that other minor points were not seen. Very cute. Like the b&w

Hi Marsha :wave:
I am with Alan on this one, clipped ears etc I never noticed.
Wonderful capture of a moment in time. The interaction between the little 'uns really draws the viewers eye in.
I think its perfect as is. Good work (y)

Hi Marsha

Natural...never though of that idea & there's loads growing on the lane I drive up to get to work everyday :bonk: Quite like it just the clipped rh side lets it down a little. Colors & sharpness look great though plus just a little bit of a spiders web (y)

Age...am I reading this right...thats a handheld shot at 1/30th ? & you think it's oof ? Think I need to go to spec savers :bonk: Fab use of DOF , looks sharp in all the right places to me & that expression is great ( from someone who doesn't "get" kids thats really good )(y) Clipped ear I didn;t even notice cos I keep looking at the little fellas grin & thinking " what a great capture " :clap:

Natural - Stunning colours and DoF on this one. A superb image

Age - This must be up for a caption competition. :LOL: There's also a real natural feel to it which I like. Maybe clone out the fingers holding the younger one if I was to crit anything.
Cheers Peter. I did contemplate cloning out the fingers but I decided against it as it was time I didn't have:bonk:
Oh I got a great one of these two staring intently at each other, just too much clutter in the background, I should get that uploaded too!

Very nice autumnal pic for natural, i like dof on the black blackbeery. Age, that's a really nice picture, love the b+w
Thanks Michael.

Natural - Berries, yum! The only crit I have is, it looks a little over saturated? Oh, and as a side note, I like your spider web pictures on Flickr!

Age - Very cute, well done for capturing this.
Cheers Nat. It is a tad over saturated, I may tone it down a little. Glad you like the web shot too:)

Natural - Like the dof, the background compliments the colours of the berries nicely (y)

Age - I like that, great cheeky grin on the little one :) the B&W looks good, well caught
Many thanks DK.

Natural - on theme , some lovely colour and good focus except for the bit on rhs already mentioned. Well handled simple theme shot

Age - very hard to get such shots and the ear and fingers have been mentioned but , to be , honest i only saw these when pointed out because the subjects just grabbed my attention so quickly and easily that other minor points were not seen. Very cute. Like the b&w
Cheers Alan. The B&W was the only way to go, I really should post the original to show the hideous luminous yellow wall behind!

I am with Alan on this one, clipped ears etc I never noticed.
Wonderful capture of a moment in time. The interaction between the little 'uns really draws the viewers eye in.
I think its perfect as is. Good work (y)
Many thanks Iain.

Natural...never though of that idea & there's loads growing on the lane I drive up to get to work everyday :bonk: Quite like it just the clipped rh side lets it down a little. Colors & sharpness look great though plus just a little bit of a spiders web (y)

Age...am I reading this right...thats a handheld shot at 1/30th ? & you think it's oof ? Think I need to go to spec savers :bonk: Fab use of DOF , looks sharp in all the right places to me & that expression is great ( from someone who doesn't "get" kids thats really good )(y) Clipped ear I didn;t even notice cos I keep looking at the little fellas grin & thinking " what a great capture " :clap:
Lynne I nearly cloned that teeny bit of spiders web out, glad I kept it. I am tempted to stalk some more berries though to lose the clipped side!

The original of the age shot is OOF, this has been rescued in PP! When I get home tonight I'll post the original to show you you're eyes are working fine!
Cheers for dropping in :)

The weather was bad last week so discounted my idea for leaves spread everywhere! Instead I wanted a misty murky photo showing the blanket of air traffic sunshine (fog/mist = go home early in my job :D) across the countryside!

I have lived at my current address for over six years. I know of the Wittenham Clumps but have never been up there, how very foolish of me! On a clear day you can (probably) see for miles, instead I go up in search of mist (bonk) I shall be going up there a few more times I feel!
This shot was actually taken in the correct week, just didn't have time to get it uploaded!

Then the sun decided to show itself yesterday and the autumnal spread kept calling my camera, I took this yesterday:

Alas the trees near me are surrounded by houses, fence lines and main roads so a little limited!

C&C welcome.

Hi Marsha, my vote goes to the leaf image, mainly based on the warm colour tones. I particularly like the diagonal through the frame by the shadow. It is a pleasing composition.
#1 does have a nice feel about it, it's a lovely scene with a lot of photographic potential about it through different seasons.
Good catch up, keep it going we are nearly at the end now ;)

blakester said:
Hi Marsha, my vote goes to the leaf image, mainly based on the warm colour tones. I particularly like the diagonal through the frame by the shadow. It is a pleasing composition.
Thanks Iain, I'm quite proud to say I got that going diagonally deliberately, makes a change for me rather than being a fluke!

#1 does have a nice feel about it, it's a lovely scene with a lot of photographic potential about it through different seasons.
Ooo that's a good idea, I'll have to try and plan regular visits to catch a year on camera up there!

Good catch up, keep it going we are nearly at the end now ;)
I know, it seems bonkers looking at my first post on this challenge as all the lines are nearly full!
Then we can do it all again next year.

I much prefer the second image Marsha, the warm leaves and the diagonal shadow.

Hi, there, both on theme, but in #1 the fog is a bit far away and a bit undefined (?). Not that it was, but it has a PP feel to it.

#2 is nice and minimal. I like the shadow receding away. I'd prefer it a bit lower with a bit more of the shadow in it.

Cheers.

Hi Marsha, I like your fog shot and it def spreads over the countryside, you'll have to go back there on a clearer day so we can see the view as well!

The colours are lovely on your 2nd shot showing the spread of leaves and the spread of the shadow are lovely but I think I am edging towards your first shot!:)

Catchup! Was great meeting you yesterday, hopefully see you again soon!

Liquid - simple but very effective. Liking the mono and the dark bar along the bottom adds to it. Excellent ripples.

Up - the edit has worked really well, another good B&W shot. The metal work suits being a bit dark and it makes the sky look moody.

Duo - yummmmmmmmy! Might go shopping tomorrow. Not sure how but I think I would have tried to take it from a bit lower, to make it more mountain-y.

Flow - great shot, nice tones and angle. Would have included a little more of the wine glass but thats a minor point.

Friendship - #1 is great, what a wonderful capture and I like that its the opposite of friendship. Bg doesnt both me, cant be helped anyway.

Change - all 3 are great ideas for the theme. I think #1 is my favourite, both sooc and edited are good. The bg really adds.

Natural - good colour and dof.

Age - cute shot! Little ones can give some really great pictures sometimes.

Spread - agree with the comments made, #2 is my favourite just because I am all about the autumn and colours at the moment!!

Hi Marsha

now thats not the normal sort of landscape we se on here but it works well for the theme. The mist blends well over a lovely scene (y)

Like the leaves image for the shadow & the colors but kinda wish there was a tad more DOF,to show more of the leaves clearer- if that makes sense?

Thanks everyone for the comments :)

Alex, glad to see you back in here and thanks for all the comments. It's hard when there's such a big catch up, I know I need to do one too!

Sarah, I will go back up the Clumps when the sun is up!

Lynne I took different shots of the tree with the autumn leaves, but the shallower DOF here looked better. Plus I was foolish and didn't get this same shot at different apertures:bonk:

I had different ideas for together but they didn't work:bonk: Then in Thursday I went to photograph my friends shiny new six day old baby and thought about the two young brothers together. However, baby wouldn't lie still cutely and toddler was a toddler, unpredictable! The only shot I got of them was blurry, a shame as it would have been lovely!
Anyhow I was just about to pack up when Dad came in and cuddled the baby, obviously the toddler wanted some of the action and I got this fleeting shot!

I used spot metering here, don't know why I don't use that more often:bonk:

All C&C welcome, going to get 'pack' tomorrow at Woburn!

Cheers Mike, Alan and Alex :)

Alex I tried many ways to convert it to B&W, alas the baby's complexion was quite red and blotchy as he was a bit grumpy. Every time I tried to convert it his face seemed to look very grainy and odd! Even in colour I had to desaturate his red face a bit:bonk:

Lovely shot Marsha, I'll bet they'll be very pleased with that. And it fits the theme perfectly.

Lovely family shot Marsha for the together theme. Looking at the father I think you could have entered this for Pride as well. Now what week was that :LOL:

I was hoping to catch a few wolves at Woburn last weekend, alas they were elusive, so elusive I didn't see one! So I had to improvise with a dodgy SP. I couldn't decide between these, number one is sharper, but I prefer my expression in number two!

Number one was cropped and had a levels tweak to blacken the background. Number two is pretty much as shot, just the usual basic tweaks needed.

The things we do for this project! But hey, I have lovely soft skin now:D

C&C welcome :)

Agree number 2 is much better you are very brave doing a sp i wouldn't dream of it (y)

Back