weekly Cowboys 52 in 2013 Done and dusted

I really like your wild photo, nice colours and the lighting looks good :)

Work photo- you don't see that everyday :)

I though he was on skis :thinking:

Like it, especially him facing away from the camera.

I did a crop left, right and top, and felt better to me.

Cheers.

Thanks.
I did try cropping a bit myself but I wasn't as happy with the results.

I really like your wild photo, nice colours and the lighting looks good :)

Work photo- you don't see that everyday :)

Thanks.
Good capture, good WB and interesting subject.

Well done (y)

Thanks.

Lovely photo!

One of the first things i thought of for work was heavy horses but i only get to see that at plough matches and theres none on now :bonk:

Love the work shot: If it wasn't for the hard hat and Hi vis this would be timeless, but I think that tells it's own story in a way doesn't it. (y)

Hi ya

Space....good low POV , just needs a slight crop rhs as mentioned before

Work...I really like this , very different but the rear view works well....lovely scene (y)

excellent shot just the people in the BG are the only distraction for me but I am sure that was unavoidable

Thanks all.

The work one was the only photo without trees, fences or people there.

The bloke is there for a few months thinning out the fallen trees as getting in a drag line or heavy machines would ruin the area and as it's a very public area the potential for injury would be quite high.

A very nice chap and he had loads of time for all the people that wanted to talk.

A great composition, good colours but have to agree with exposure. Could be easily fixed!

Yeah, tad under exposed. How was it lit?

Composition is OK, but I'd prefer a slight angle. Also some sweets out of the packets in front of the pig would have added a little extra, IMO.

Cheers.

Hi MArk

yup , Gluttony edit is much better , can see more of the piggies detail now (y)

Time....thats a fab looking pocket watch , very elegant....lighting is good I think ( we both know about shiny things & light :LOL: )Like the composition as well :)

Not sure if you could tweak the dark bits a little to lighten them a touch ? & is it possible to lower the lid a smidge more ? I don't want much do I :LOL:

2nd Time image...jumps out at you , beautifully sharp, the detail is superb & the gold highlights are spot on (y)

I think the first time works best for me; composition wise, it's clean, neat and has a certain purity to it. I also like the fact that the face is ever so slightly shadowed; it gives the image a slight mood which would be lacking if it it was lit flat. It could stand to be slightly lighter according to taste but not as much as the rim reflections.

Pocket watch for me, very nice shot.

Pocket watch for me also. Clean sharp composition on the watch face, good background colour although I find the reflection in the cover a little distracting. Nevertheless, really good shot.

two great time images there Mark, great detail and love the DOF on the chain of the pocket watch. And the sundial is brilliantly captured, the pop of the gold bits is ace. And well framed and straight. (Might just like the tip of the top of the arch included, if you have it?)

Hi MArk

yup , Gluttony edit is much better , can see more of the piggies detail now (y)

Time....thats a fab looking pocket watch , very elegant....lighting is good I think ( we both know about shiny things & light :LOL: )Like the composition as well :)

Not sure if you could tweak the dark bits a little to lighten them a touch ? & is it possible to lower the lid a smidge more ? I don't want much do I :LOL:

2nd Time image...jumps out at you , beautifully sharp, the detail is superb & the gold highlights are spot on (y)

Thanks.

The watch doesn't open any further, it would be nice if it did so it would sit a bit better.

Again, thanks :)

I think the first time works best for me; composition wise, it's clean, neat and has a certain purity to it. I also like the fact that the face is ever so slightly shadowed; it gives the image a slight mood which would be lacking if it it was lit flat. It could stand to be slightly lighter according to taste but not as much as the rim reflections.

Thanks.

Pocket watch for me, very nice shot.

Thanks.

Pocket watch for me also. Clean sharp composition on the watch face, good background colour although I find the reflection in the cover a little distracting. Nevertheless, really good shot.

Thanks.

two great time images there Mark, great detail and love the DOF on the chain of the pocket watch. And the sundial is brilliantly captured, the pop of the gold bits is ace. And well framed and straight. (Might just like the tip of the top of the arch included, if you have it?)

Thanks.

No sorry, the top of the arch is missing in the photos I have. I should have noticed at the time :)

Novel idea for space. (y)

Gluttony - second edit is much better but I would brighten it even more.

Time - The face of the pocket watch looks a bit dark and I'm not sure about having the case out of focus in the foreground, maybe a different angle would work better.

No1 of the time pics for me although as someone has pointed out the face is a little dark

No. 1 for me, I love the pocket watch pic.

Fantastic image. :D

I like the pocket watch a lot, it's easily my favourite of all the watch shots for that week. Good use of space and framing, and an interesting subject. :)

Hi, mark, like Juxtaposition. It's #1 for me, it's more vibrant and I prefer the movement and angle of the spinning thing :thinking: Looks a tad dark.

I'd like to see if moved slightly left as it's obscuring part of the turbine.

Cheers and I do envy people who live close to the coast:bat:

Hi, mark, like Juxtaposition. It's #1 for me, it's more vibrant and I prefer the movement and angle of the spinning thing :thinking: Looks a tad dark.

I'd like to see if moved slightly left as it's obscuring part of the turbine.

Cheers and I do envy people who live close to the coast:bat:

Cheers Andy, it might be a little dark, a few people have comment on my pics being on the dark side although they look fine on my screen :thinking:

Maybe I need a calibration.

The spinny thing is a garden windmill, there are supposed to be two lots of spinners on the front but it was so windy one blew away :LOL:

Same here, love shot #1 but my eyes don't like the garden windmill touching (as such) the wind turbine behind. Nice bright colours and like the movement caught in the widmill. Great job.

Hi Mark
Your first time image would get my vote. (y)
A lovely object to photograph, you've held the detail in there which isn't easy with it being so shiny. Just like to see a little more light on the face to highlight it but other than that (y)

I like the idea behind your juxtaposition, I have these wind turbines close(ish) to where I live but they are further out in the water so not as accessible photography wise. This works well but feel as others, that your windmill is a little too close to the main turbines. Perhaps placing it in line with the larger ones and scaled in size to them would help the composition?
I also like the vivid colours, and lucky you seems like you had some decent weather where you are. Iain

interesting one - well done for waiting for the conditions to be right, aside from the positioning of the little windmill, I'm thinking greater DOF might have helped - to have both items in focus. You can still tell what the big ones are, and the shutter speeed is good to get movement blur but retain the individual colours. So maybe up the ISO a bit to allow you close the aperture further.

The DOF is a minor point that doesnt detract from a good shot.

Doesnt look "too" dark to me, although you have some space at the right of the histogram.

Its seems im on my own with preferring number 2, would like to see it cropped though to lose the area to the right. Im fine with the dof and like the movement in the little windmill.

Hi Mark
This is a great shot and sit brilliant with the weeks theme :clap:
love the DOF and the sharpness on the Garden windhill, No1 for me

Back