weekly Cowboys 52 in 2013 Done and dusted

Well, I've struggled with this one.
No moon, only being able to shoot after dark, lots of ideas but nothing seemed to work so went for a simple tilted glass.

Gravity by cowboy72, on Flickr

Not a bad idea the tilting glass Mark, maybe if you don't mind cleaning up capture the glass falling and not propped up. A little out of focus for me to.

Is it movement of the camera rather than OOF, 5 second exposure...

This could have worked, maybe a larger aperture, higher ISO would have reduced shutter time. Piece of paper under the glass curving up the wall for a cleaner BG.

See your thinking with the weights - but a balancing glass has potential, as DK also seems to be thinking.

Lets hope for something easier tomorrow.

The line is a little distracting, might have cloned that out or used a curved piece of paper or card as Graham suggests.. Like the idea of getting rid of the weights also so it looks as if the glass balancing on its own..

Gravity revisited :)

Shot against a white paper background and the weights cloned out, I also used a flash at 1/16 just as a little fill light along with the natural light.

Gravity 1 by cowboy72, on Flickr

I thankyou :)

Hi Mark

great improvement for gravity...here's a thougt....rotate it right 90 degree's & the liquid would be defying gravity by not coming out of the glass...or even turn it upside down :)...I know i know...some people are never satisfied :LOL:

Season edit...much beter being a bit lighter, good focus on the writing :)

Loads better Mark, defiantly a step on the right direction.

I would maybe not have cropped so close, but much better than the one before.

Good work on the edits Mark, it is very refreshing to see.
Taking on board the comments and returning with your images nailed, thats what makes this such a great challenge.
Nothing more to add critique-wise but just to add (y) Iain

That's quite the improvement, much improved. (y)

Thanks

Hi Mark

great improvement for gravity...here's a thougt....rotate it right 90 degree's & the liquid would be defying gravity by not coming out of the glass...or even turn it upside down :)...I know i know...some people are never satisfied :LOL:

Season edit...much beter being a bit lighter, good focus on the writing :)

Thanks again.

Loads better Mark, defiantly a step on the right direction.

I would maybe not have cropped so close, but much better than the one before.

Thanks.

Good work on the edits Mark, it is very refreshing to see.
Taking on board the comments and returning with your images nailed, thats what makes this such a great challenge.
Nothing more to add critique-wise but just to add (y) Iain

Thanks, it's nice of people to take the time to give comments, the least I can do is try them.
It's part of the fun of it and the best way to learn.

great edit! :)

Thanks.

Hi Mark. A nice shot, would have applied a crop to focus more on the bird, however nice colourings and well in theme.

Nice image the reeds look fantastic i like the way they dominate the image (y)

Like it, especially the lines of the reeds.

Looks like you've just missed focus.

Cheers.

Thanks.

I agree, the bird was getting blown about quite a bit and I have a few with even worse focus but I liked the overall picture.

Great idea Mark and bang on theme. :clap:

Thanks.

I like that Mark, focus not perfect but the overall look of the shot is really nice (y)

Thanks.

Hi Mark. A nice shot, would have applied a crop to focus more on the bird, however nice colourings and well in theme.

Thanks, It is quite a big crop to get it to where it is.

Nice image the reeds look fantastic i like the way they dominate the image (y)

Thanks, I like the reeds too.

Gree with the previous comments but it's got great lines and loving the light!

Thanks.

like the colour tones and lines from the reeds.. nice take on the theme

Thanks.

Gravity: Your second shot is many times better than the first, little tight in the frame for my preferences but nice and sharp.

Wild: Nice shot, my first thought that it was a Reed Bunting in Reeds so you were doubling up on the Reed bit but hopefully one of the bird experts in the forum will confirm

Thanks.

I think it may be a sedge warbler but to be honest I have no idea :LOL:

Like it, Mark, the inclusion of the FG works well too. Nice low angle as well.

Crit, well I'd like a slight crop off the right, there is a gap on the right of the right vertical, IYSWIM.

Cheers.

Like it, Mark, the inclusion of the FG works well too. Nice low angle as well.

Crit, well I'd like a slight crop off the right, there is a gap on the right of the right vertical, IYSWIM.

Cheers.

Thanks.

I see it now it's been pointed out :D

Nice idea on the space one. I agree with cropping a little off the right though.

Good job on work, too. Not sure what the strings are hanging from the man, they're the only bits that really distract for me.

Nice idea on the space one. I agree with cropping a little off the right though.

Good job on work, too. Not sure what the strings are hanging from the man, they're the only bits that really distract for me.

Thanks.

They are part of the harness.

I though he was on skis :thinking:

Like it, especially him facing away from the camera.

I did a crop left, right and top, and felt better to me.

Cheers.

Back