weekly Cowboys 52 in 2013 Done and dusted

hi ya

brave you are for doing an SP.....cracking expression & good sharp focus (y) you've mentioned the only crit I would have given re the bg

haha, I like that - great expression - and the fact its all coppers, great :D

Thanks.
hi ya

brave you are for doing an SP.....cracking expression & good sharp focus (y) you've mentioned the only crit I would have given re the bg

Thanks.
Being in front of the camera doesn't really bother me, although I do prefer to be behind it :)

Really like that, Mark. Great composition, and the fact of it being a pile of coppers makes it quite funny. :)

(y) for this one - love the manic crazed look in your eyes and the full stretch on your hands...

Background I don;t really have a huge problem with, I'd lose a bit from the left hand side, compositionally, but :clap: from me.

great expression and interpretation of the theme the BG doesnt worry me too much as its not the first thing your eye is drawn to

Really like that, Mark. Great composition, and the fact of it being a pile of coppers makes it quite funny. :)

Thanks, glad you like it.

(y) for this one - love the manic crazed look in your eyes and the full stretch on your hands...

Background I don;t really have a huge problem with, I'd lose a bit from the left hand side, compositionally, but :clap: from me.

Thanks, I was going for the greedy troll look :LOL:

great expression and interpretation of the theme the BG doesnt worry me too much as its not the first thing your eye is drawn to

Thanks.

Greed: Great shot!

Angles: Another great shot and well in the theme!

plenty of angles here Mark - like the fact its symmetrical left to right - but with a bit of added angle differences top to bottom (IYSWIM)

I am partial to a pylon or two :p

On theme. Symmetry can really kill these if not right, but you've done a food job here.

Any B&W conversation?

Cheers.

Thanks all.

I am partial to a pylon or two :p

On theme. Symmetry can really kill these if not right, but you've done a food job here.

Any B&W conversation?

Cheers.

Thanks.
I've tried a b&w conversion but it doesn't look as good.

Angles, (y) bang on theme Mark, I like the symmetrical composition and also the central take, it draws my eye into the frame.

Rustic, I prefer the colour one, mainly due to the colour tones in there, they say rustic more than the B&W. I feel it needs a little something more to take it away from a straightforward shot IYSWIM.

I like the objects in the pic, thinking more a portrait pic with the 2 things dominating the scene (y)

I like the crop better on the colour one, but prefer the processing on the B&W....

That's the trouble when people post more than one! :bonk:

Very nicely done for angle, great idea and a different perspective on a common thing.

rustic - b&w works for me. I think the colour one looks a bit flat?

oooh now your rustic is really calling to me for a bit of HDR treatment, bring in some noise and grain to it too....

compositionally I like it, maybe slightly lower and left POV, looking a tad more skyward might have helped it along for me... but its on theme and a good shot as it is!

Hi Mark :)

Kind - Nice idea that, I would like to see both finger doing the pinch and the light a bit more even on the egg, really liking the DoF and the background colours :)

Too late I'm afraid, the cost of the models hand was getting to eat the subject :LOL:

Good idea. I'd echo the sentiment on the crop. I don't think your model would mind a repeat performance if you choose it for this week's "reshoot" theme though. :)

Kinder, nice one. When I first viewed the top was green but when I reviewed the colours look good.

For me, just not keen on the crop at the bottom.

Cheers.

nowt wrong with that for me apart from a bit more DOF would have helped to get the sides of the egg in focus, and the thumb under the bottom of the egg in shot would have made it top notch.

Hi, Mark, cracking building and nice blue sky with a smattering of clouds. Says vertical to me, but I'd like to see a better perspective - more vertical. Suspect you may not have been able to go any wider to enable you to get closer.

Cheers.

Hi Mark

Kind.....think all has been said but just in case...nice n sharp on the egg , like that it's slightly off centre..maybe getting all the egg in ?

Vertical....Lovely...fab sky , great focus & for sure on theme...like it mister (y) only veiwing on netbook small screen so can't make out what the darker area is lower rhs ?

Hi, Mark, cracking building and nice blue sky with a smattering of clouds. Says vertical to me, but I'd like to see a better perspective - more vertical. Suspect you may not have been able to go any wider to enable you to get closer.

Cheers.

Cheers, I was about as wide as I could get.

Hi Mark

Kind.....think all has been said but just in case...nice n sharp on the egg , like that it's slightly off centre..maybe getting all the egg in ?

Vertical....Lovely...fab sky , great focus & for sure on theme...like it mister (y) only veiwing on netbook small screen so can't make out what the darker area is lower rhs ?

Thanks, it's a shadow.
It was late evening and they'd just closed to visitors.

Love the way DOF falls off in Kind, the bright spot at the bottom of the 'E' is the only minor niggle.

Vertical is a lovely spot. Nice building and beautiful tones in the sky!

Love the way DOF falls off in Kind, the bright spot at the bottom of the 'E' is the only minor niggle.

Vertical is a lovely spot. Nice building and beautiful tones in the sky!

Thanks, I hadn't really noticed the bright spot but now I know it jumps out at me.

Vertical: excellent. Just enough colour in the building and a good sky (y)

Thanks.

Back