weekly ams99 - 52 Challenge - Week 52 Water

Hi, Alan...gimme, gimme, gimme :D

Well composed and nice bit of lighting. Colours look good to me.

Crit, well, personally, I feel the Gluttony theme would be enhanced if there were only one bun in there. Also, and a minor point is the tear on the left of the inner tray.

Cheers.

nice shot of some cakes the lightings good dont mind the shadow things have shadows its unavoidable not sure about gluttony though there is nothing to suggest it

Those tools have definitely been working hard. Nice shot, Alan... (sorry, I'm a bit behind commenting)

Gluttony and romance all in one picture! Really clever thinking and completely zinging colour. Love it.

Week 8 - Time

I found this extremely difficult using ocf and shoot through umbrella for the first time. Mt wife and kids think ive lost the plot as its taken me 3 hrs to take a picture of chicken timer!!

I know the image is far from perfect but lots of learning points for me.

1. Position and strength of lighting makes a massive difference
2. Reflectors (or in my case white paper) can adjust the degree of shadows and reflections
3. Ive discovered my flash compensation on camera works even if the flash is set on manual!
4. This lighting malarky is a real minefield

Anyhows, the picture....

Shadows evident, not quite sure what happened to RHS of chicken, and slightly blown.

Apart from that........... :)

DSC_8618-1_edited-1_zps2930923a.jpg

I think every kitchen has a chicken timer :LOL:

I like the image and its spot on theme, cant talk or help about the lighting as ive only used one flash gun off camera before and don't have a clue!

nicely lit and exposed not too sure on the composition its all a bit central

As Allan says, great lighting and exposure, I quite like the composition personally :)

Hi, Alan, interesting idea and well produced.

IMO, juxtaposition doesn't need to be a composite, IYSWIM.

That said, it's a cracking idea.

Cheers.

QUOTE=ams99;5409220]Thanks Andy.

Having only gained a GCE O level in the '80s i had to look up the meaning of juxtaposition. However, IYSWIM has blown me away completely!! :help::eek:[/QUOTE]

:)

If you see what I mean.

Cheers.

nice idea though it seems a bit overexposed. I think it fits its quite a broad subject :thinking:

Hi Alan

quick off the mark & an interesting image....I also had to google the meaning of juxtathingy....think you have it spot on .Is it a composite image or just a clear bulb with match behind it ? Either way it's a neat idea (y) Maybe just a touch bright...possibly tweak the contrast a smidge ?

Quick thinking and a clever idea, well done. I would agree it needs a tad more contrast in there, though.

Thanks for the feedback guys. It was just a clear bulb with a match behind. I agree about the brightness although i deliberately hoiked up the levels in Elements to try for a high key effect. Didn't quite work though.

I really want to invest in a macro lens to help get more creative so will keep watching on the for sale forums

Great idea - and well done for being first up and showing us what that juxtathingy is!!

I reckon that a composite of the match, and the bulb together would work really well, you'd get soooo much more definition in the match that way.

Blimy that's thinking outside the box.. I had to Google the word too much to disgust of my over educated daughter..

Great shot! Brilliant idea, again maybe a tad bright but really well done!

No, Alan, can't beat a nice macro lens.

Lovely detail throughout. I guess there is a connection to the theme, if tenuous. Now get out there and see the wonder of a world through a macro lens (y)

Cheers.

A creative take on the theme of juxtaposition Alan (y)
I think with a little pp it would be bang on, a little more contrast and you'd be there I feel. Iain

Nice image, my mind keeps telling me it's a spot the difference image... lol....haven't found any yet. :)

You know, I really like that! The earnest expression, sharp gaze, lots of lovely detail. I was convinced for a while that the RH one was sharper, but it's an illusion, or I'm going mad!

A literal take on the theme Alan but effective nonetheless (y)

I like the composition and the wires snaking their way down through the frame.

Dof looks good to me, but I know what you mean about macro lenses Having recently purchased one myself it can get very frustrating. Good take on the theme

Back