weekly Posiview's 2013 52. Week 52, Water added TTFN.

Bang on theme, in a few ways!

DOF is perfect, and the boldness of the red against the grey works well. I was going to comment on the amount of 'nothing' above the balloon, but the more I look, the beautifully gradual fall of of focus keeps me interested.

Very simple and powerful. I really like the decay in the balloon. Very nice use of colour (not selective, right?). Also nicely framed, great use of negative space.

God, are the banks sponsoring condoms now? :LOL:

Another cracking shot and a clever twist on the theme. Congrats. (y)

Great shot, and great for the theme too...

lovely detail captured in the cracking rubber of the balloon, and the texture of the pavement too.

Great POV and perfect use of DOF and empty space at the top.

cracker!

i like it its a nice comment on the state of the banks, the SC works really well, rummaging amongst the alleyways of Leeds is a bit of a worry. Nice composition :clap:

Hi, no SC, just a grey floor :)

Bang on theme, in a few ways!

DOF is perfect, and the boldness of the red against the grey works well. I was going to comment on the amount of 'nothing' above the balloon, but the more I look, the beautifully gradual fall of of focus keeps me interested.

Yeah, I did a few crops but settled for this one.

Very simple and powerful. I really like the decay in the balloon. Very nice use of colour (not selective, right?). Also nicely framed, great use of negative space.

Not SC. powerful, indeed.

God, are the banks sponsoring condoms now? :LOL:

Another cracking shot and a clever twist on the theme. Congrats. (y)

Condom, lol.

Thanks.

Great shot, and great for the theme too...

lovely detail captured in the cracking rubber of the balloon, and the texture of the pavement too.

Great POV and perfect use of DOF and empty space at the top.

cracker!

Cheers, looked like it had been there a while.

A bold choice in composition on this one Andy but it has certainly paid off I feel.
It is a cracking piece of social commentary, it makes me want to look closer at it and work out its meaning and link to the theme.
That is a good thing (y), it's not a literal take on the theme but very effective for that very reason.
I could see this making a great partner to a newspaper article about the state of the country's finances.
Well spotted, well captured, I like this a lot. Good work (y)

A bold choice in composition on this one Andy but it has certainly paid off I feel.
It is a cracking piece of social commentary, it makes me want to look closer at it and work out its meaning and link to the theme.
That is a good thing (y), it's not a literal take on the theme but very effective for that very reason.
I could see this making a great partner to a newspaper article about the state of the country's finances.
Well spotted, well captured, I like this a lot. Good work (y)

Cheers, Iain, I was going to type a narrative around why I posted it, but I decided to let the photograp speak for itself.

Cheers.

I agree with all that Iain has said - excellent commentary.

Partic like the dof, colour against the almost mono b/g and the decay signs in the balloon. Great shot for the theme.

Cheers, how strange photography is. I can sometimes spend days planning a photograph and then happen across a photograph and the later turns out better.

Anyway, wonder what Saturday will bring :)

Hi ya matey

Tacky....hmmm..Simpsons...I quite like the odd episode of them ...wouldn't go as far as wearing them though so for that it meets the theme....neat idea on the border too , bit different from the norm , well lit & perfect use of DOF:clap:

Value...nowt to say that's not been said...totally spot on :clap:

Value....spot on theme Andy and it really pops, maybe just a touch more room around the sides of the balloon but other than that :clap:

Hi Andy, mull it over for a few days, I'm sure something will come to mind. (y)

Hi Andy, I really like the DOF on this shot. and the almost mono BG. It certainly doesn't need explaining :clap:

I'm sure you'll find something for greed :)

Hi ya matey

Tacky....hmmm..Simpsons...I quite like the odd episode of them ...wouldn't go as far as wearing them though so for that it meets the theme....neat idea on the border too , bit different from the norm , well lit & perfect use of DOF:clap:

Value...nowt to say that's not been said...totally spot on :clap:

Value....spot on theme Andy and it really pops, maybe just a touch more room around the sides of the balloon but other than that :clap:

Cheers all, appreciate the TB (y)

Well, this week I will be posting my first Joker.

I've seen a few grab shots for Greed but don't want to post one if these.

Just need to upload the photograph to Flickr and get it on here.

Cheers all (y)

Well, this week I post my first Joker.

I'll look to post a Greedy at some point.

This is a small shell that I practiced my stacking on.

As it's not on theme and because I've been very lax with FB this week, I wont' be :bat: if FB isn't forthcoming :D

Anyway, here's hoping for a non-deadly sins theme tomorrow.

Week 13 Joker by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

You can be forgiven for posting your first joker out of 100+ weeks of 52 Andy, cut yourself a bit of slack :D

I will comment on it, I find it a technically perfect piece of focus stacking. Back to front sharpness and wonderful detail on the shell. Lovely colour tones in there too, nice even lighting too.

I really like this Andy, its something that would suit a large canvas print because of the textures in there.

Onward and upward matey (y)
I am sure tomorrows theme will see you come roaring back.

You can be forgiven for posting your first joker out of 100+ weeks of 52 Andy, cut yourself a bit of slack :D

I will comment on it, I find it a technically perfect piece of focus stacking. Back to front sharpness and wonderful detail on the shell. Lovely colour tones in there too, nice even lighting too.

I really like this Andy, its something that would suit a large canvas print because of the textures in there.

Onward and upward matey (y)
I am sure tomorrows theme will see you come roaring back.

Cheers, Iain, appreciate the FB (y)

I decided to pull my finger out and photograph a proper Greed.

Cheers.

I like this Andy, I could just see this 4 feet high across the back wall of an apple store.

I think the concept is imaginative and the execution appears faultless. (not that I'm trying to pick fault you understand)

Nice job (y)

Last edited:
I like this Andy, I could just see this 4 feet high across the back wall of an apple store.

I think the concept is imaginative and the execution appears faultless. (not that I'm trying to pick fault you understand)

Nice job (y)

Cheers, bud.

It wasn't until after I posted that I saw some faults!

Hi Andy, I have to comment on your joker shot because it's AMAZING! How many shots is this for the stacking? Superb detail throughout and the white background suits it well, I like the detail in the material it's sitting on :clap: I agree with Iain that this would look good printed large and framed.

Your actual greed shot is very simple, I particularly like the strong black and white contrast. The only thing I would edit is the top of the home button that has a light beige/ brown line across the top of it. I would just desaturate that bit. It is particularly nit picky and I am looking on my iPad in a brightly lit room so may check again on the pc later. And I totally get the link to the theme. I currently want a knew iPad because they're just so cool and much faster than my old one, but I don't REALLY need it!

Hi Andy, I have to comment on your joker shot because it's AMAZING! How many shots is this for the stacking? Superb detail throughout and the white background suits it well, I like the detail in the material it's sitting on :clap: I agree with Iain that this would look good printed large and framed.

It was around 15 @ f2.8. I was going to remove the texture but in the end felt it have some depth.

Your actual greed shot is very simple, I particularly like the strong black and white contrast. The only thing I would edit is the top of the home button that has a light beige/ brown line across the top of it. I would just desaturate that bit. It is particularly nit picky and I am looking on my iPad in a brightly lit room so may check again on the pc later. And I totally get the link to the theme. I currently want a knew iPad because they're just so cool and much faster than my old one, but I don't REALLY need it!

Yeah, you spotted the flaw. I didn't notice until I had uploaded it. I might edit at some point.

New iPad, there never is a new one, as soon as one is replaced the replacement is advertised :bonk:

Cheers.

Hi Andy, it doesn't necessarily say greed to me without your explanation but no matter its not a literal take and a little help doesn't hurt.

Its a slick stylish image which could easily be a product shot. I wouldn't even have noticed any 'flaws' if they hadn't been mentioned. Good work matey (y)

Hi Andy

The stacked shell is very well handled - lots of detail and superb colour rendition.

Greed - I am not sure if I would have got the connection that you have tried for without the explanation - my first thought was of corporate greed rather than the 'greed' of wanting a new bit of kit. having said that this is the kind of clean, crisp, clear image that I enjoy seeing. I really like the graduations of black, grey , white. Good comp as the elements rise in the frames from Ll to R, until the apple looks as if it is floating. Well done :clap:

Only (minor) crit is that when i looked at it in Flickr Lightbox, the central shot seemed a bit fuzzy around the edges.

Liking (and appreciating) the shell a lot more than the ipad for greed.

The detail in the shell is awesome - particularly if its as small as I imagine it to be. no fuzzy bits that I can see this time either, and the texture on the cloth just reinforces the detail and the scale. Colour of the border ( I know has been sampled off the shell) seems a bit to peachy for my liking, but if that's all I've got to pick on - it must be a good 'un.

Thats a really nicely stacked image of the shell :clap: never done photo stacking but I assume its a lot of work.

the Ipad images are very minimal but I think they work really well (y)

Fantastic work on that 'joker' shell. Greed works really well, too - very minimalist and simple but effective.

Cheers all, appreciate the FB.

Had a few attempts at Angle but nothing worth posting. I do have a fallback I can use, if needed, but it won't warrant comment! I'm on the town Frday night with mates so no chance for another shoot.

In fact, I might post what I have and be damned...BRB.

Cheers.

Post and be damned.

Previsualisation....pppffttt :D One of the few occasions when the resulting photograph was not what I was after.

I did try and make a cube out of spaghetti for Angle but it's harder than you think.

Anyway, here's my Angle and let's see what Saturday brings :clap:

Week 15 angle 3 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Last edited:
On theme for me Andy.
A definite angle is showing. (y)

But in any event what a lovely image. :clap: Beautifully lit, clean and clear colours. Super black b/g.
One of those shots where one tries to make out definite shapes in the smoke - for instance the white one seems to be a statuette (something like an Oscar) split down the middle. I would be immensely pleased with myself if I had done that.

Very minor niggle is that at the bottom right of the red smoke there is just a little grey bit that you have not cleaned up.

Great idea and very eye catching, but just noticed a hard line on the white smoke, just an oversight I'm sure.

On theme for me Andy.
A definite angle is showing. (y)

But in any event what a lovely image. :clap: Beautifully lit, clean and clear colours. Super black b/g.
One of those shots where one tries to make out definite shapes in the smoke - for instance the white one seems to be a statuette (something like an Oscar) split down the middle. I would be immensely pleased with myself if I had done that.

Very minor niggle is that at the bottom right of the red smoke there is just a little grey bit that you have not cleaned up.

Great idea and very eye catching, but just noticed a hard line on the white smoke, just an oversight I'm sure.

Thanks for the FB. Sometimes I looks so close I miss the obvious flaws. I've edited the origional.

Cheers (y)

Back