weekly Posiview's 2013 52. Week 52, Water added TTFN.

Great idea to contrast the natural and man-made patterns. Well shot and seen.

Thanks. I didn't go with the intention, just saw it :)

Hi Andy,
I think you are being too critical on yourself, it needn't be perfectly symmetrical, it is implied. The contrast works well between the natural and manmade subject.
Both are well lit, the fern in particular has great detail and I like the fact that colours are opposite as Nicky pointed out.
Look forward to seeing what else you come up with though ;)

Over critical, tell me about it! However....:)

Cheers.

That's great Andy, I think it works well like that as the plant looks like it is in the right direction, if it was rotated I think it would look odd - Clever :clap:

Yeah, sometimes symmetry can distract. However, Graham (overbez) did a cracking edit.

OK cleverclogs thats just a brilliant concept, technically excellent as always.

nuff said. (y)

I do try.

Thanks for the FB all.

Thanks, all.

There does seem to be an inverse relationship between the amount of thought/preparation I do and the finished photograph. Very strange.

Well, I'm off work for 10 days.....weekend in Bridlington.

Gonna be good.

Cheers.

I rarely moan, especially when I'm at fault or if it's one of them "*hit happens!" moments, but received and £60 fixed penalty notice for moving into a bus lane too soon and just got a £180 exhaust bill

£240....all I can see is a 50mm f1.4 :(

Anyway, at least it's sunny in Leeds ;)

Cheers and wonder what Saturday will bring.

Hi matey :wave:

pattern......great shot ...stop being so critical of yourself :LOL: As Iain says , the symmetry is implied & works really well , the opposite colors in the shots is great & the detail in the fern is spot on... :clap: If anything I might have moved the fern a smidge further up the frame so the top is level with the top of the railing....:thinking:

Hi matey :wave:

pattern......great shot ...stop being so critical of yourself :LOL: As Iain says , the symmetry is implied & works really well , the opposite colors in the shots is great & the detail in the fern is spot on... :clap: If anything I might have moved the fern a smidge further up the frame so the top is level with the top of the railing....:thinking:

Hi, I know, over critical indeed.

I didn't notice the fern wasn't level with the metal loop :bonk:

Pattern, very vey clever :clap:

Thanks, Mark.

Here's a few Movements. I was after some kind of political movement, but went for the obvious, and why not :D

2 variations of a photograph I've wanted to photograph for a long time 30 second exposures.

The second on is a merge of around 25 30 second long exposures of sheep grazing in a field where we camped over the weekend. Sheep, damn they move slow :bat:

Cheers all and I'll catch up on comments tonight (y)

Nice idea for Pattern, I don't think the symmetry being slightly of detracts form the combination at all....too much :D and the contrast of black on green vrs green on black is a clever touch as well.

(y)

Nice idea for Pattern, I don't think the symmetry being slightly of detracts form the combination at all....too much :D and the contrast of black on green vrs green on black is a clever touch as well.

(y)

Cheers, yeah, the opposing colours do work well. I know symmetry is good but if it ain't there is ain't there :D

OMG... Them sheep are SCARY!!!!

B&W for me mate, a great feel of movement, lovely straight horizon and good composition... Nice One (y)

Cheers, scary sheep indeed :nono:

Plus one! Are you not using flickr anymore?

I am using Flickr, especially now they give 1tb free. Might not renew my membership :thinking:

Cheers.

Hi Andy

Pattern seems to have disappeared altho I do seem to remember it being about a fern and a piece of scrolled ironwork. looked good on the quick glance that I gave it originally. I like the idea of the patterns of nature being taken up to embellish a useful artifact

Movement - #1 for me in the b&w - real sense of movement. Just the point that the long exposure has flattened the sea and I am not sure about that - altho it does ensure that the only 'moving' object is the flag.

Those sheep send my brain funy

#1 movement gets my vote too Andy. (y)
The B&W coversion really does suit this subject, good choice.
The flag really does portray the sense of movement whilst the flat sea is in contrast, I like it. Strong composition too, the flag dominates the scene without overpowering the frame, it has depth to it.

The sheep I am not too struck on Andy to be honest.
They look almost cut and pasted on, their movement contrasts with the still grass, it doesn't look quite right to me, sorry :(

Hi Andy

Pattern seems to have disappeared altho I do seem to remember it being about a fern and a piece of scrolled ironwork. looked good on the quick glance that I gave it originally. I like the idea of the patterns of nature being taken up to embellish a useful artifact

Movement - #1 for me in the b&w - real sense of movement. Just the point that the long exposure has flattened the sea and I am not sure about that - altho it does ensure that the only 'moving' object is the flag.

Those sheep send my brain funy

Cheers, Alan, I've put the pattern back up, more for posterity than anything else :D

Movement, I really wrestled with this one. The origional was just the 30 second exposure and the sea was perfectly flat. Another was 1/250th and I blended them.

Seems like cheating but below are the 2 movements referred to above and a colour version.....which I rather like now :D In fact, I prefer all below to the one I posted :bang:

Cheers and excuse the dust bunnies :D

Week 21 Movement 30 seconds by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Week 21 Movement 250th by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Week 21 Movement colour by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Last edited:
#1 movement gets my vote too Andy. (y)
The B&W coversion really does suit this subject, good choice.
The flag really does portray the sense of movement whilst the flat sea is in contrast, I like it. Strong composition too, the flag dominates the scene without overpowering the frame, it has depth to it.

The sheep I am not too struck on Andy to be honest.
They look almost cut and pasted on, their movement contrasts with the still grass, it doesn't look quite right to me, sorry :(

Cheers, Iain, the sheep were very much a tongue in cheek submission.

Appreciate the FB on the grown up submissions :D

Hi Andy, sorry I seem to have dropped so far behind with your thread as well :bonk:

Rustic, lovely colour tones and the triptych suits it.

Kind, I like the very simple clean shot and the plaster does jump out at you.

Value re-shoot, bless her grumpy little face! But sometimes these shots do become the favorite ones! Lovely detail with the ripples on the water. I'm not sure on the processing, it looks a bit over done to me, sorry I can't explain better and the border bothers me :bonk:

Vertical, the red looks just stunning against the blue sky :clap: I do prefer the version without the border though.

Pattern, did you really only do one shot for this week? I think this is excellent, the contrasting colours, nature vs manmade, both excellent :clap:

Movement, that's more like it, lots to choose from, but now I can't choose! I think I actually prefer the last colour one, I like the movement on the flag but there's still enough detail in the sea behind (y)

Last edited:
I have to say i prefer the last one in colour, the flag really stands out, the sheep on the other hand are hilarious, I have visions of you setting up and waiting for them to move, then cursing them.

wayhayyyyyy,,,,it's june...not long to go now :D

Right...movement.....Sheep......:bat: making my eye's go even funnier !

Of the flag shots I must confess to prefering the latest versions...particularly the black n white...the sharpness works better for me than the longer exposures , nicely positioned in the frame , movement int the waves & some detail in the sand :clap:

I would have prefered the color version of the non m
long exposure but there seems to be something funny going off round parts of the flag....might be the flag itself as only veiwing on the netbook ?

Movement, the latest set of flags for me the colour being my pick of the bunch. As Blondie says the sheep are sending my eyes funny.

Hi Andy, sorry I seem to have dropped so far behind with your thread as well :bonk:

Rustic, lovely colour tones and the triptych suits it.

Kind, I like the very simple clean shot and the plaster does jump out at you.

Value re-shoot, bless her grumpy little face! But sometimes these shots do become the favorite ones! Lovely detail with the ripples on the water. I'm not sure on the processing, it looks a bit over done to me, sorry I can't explain better and the border bothers me :bonk:

Vertical, the red looks just stunning against the blue sky :clap: I do prefer the version without the border though.

Pattern, did you really only do one shot for this week? I think this is excellent, the contrasting colours, nature vs manmade, both excellent :clap:

Movement, that's more like it, lots to choose from, but now I can't choose! I think I actually prefer the last colour one, I like the movement on the flag but there's still enough detail in the sea behind (y)

Thanks, yeah the one of Isabelle is growing on me, I did have to try and pull some of the shadows.

Indeed, the colour movement has become my favourite.

I have to say i prefer the last one in colour, the flag really stands out, the sheep on the other hand are hilarious, I have visions of you setting up and waiting for them to move, then cursing them.

It was a bit strange doing loads of photographs of sheep!

Cheers.

wayhayyyyyy,,,,it's june...not long to go now :D

Right...movement.....Sheep......:bat: making my eye's go even funnier !

Of the flag shots I must confess to prefering the latest versions...particularly the black n white...the sharpness works better for me than the longer exposures , nicely positioned in the frame , movement int the waves & some detail in the sand :clap:

I would have prefered the color version of the non m
long exposure but there seems to be something funny going off round parts of the flag....might be the flag itself as only veiwing on the netbook ?

Not long, indeed :)

You're the first to noticed the whateveritis around the flag. I noticed too and have no idea what it is.
I
Movement, the latest set of flags for me the colour being my pick of the bunch. As Blondie says the sheep are sending my funny.

Cheers, the colour one seems t have taken the lead,

Cheers all.

Thats very clever my only crit would be a bit dark maybe root level but on saying that I am not really sure, very inventive and excellent work :clap:

Great idea and cleverly shot (how the heck did you do that?). a tad dark down below on my monitor but I'm still very impressed. (y)

I really like the juxtaposition of natural and man-made in pattern. Ok, perfect symmetry would be the ideal, but it's a big ask!

There's something in the B&W movement that really does it for me. The composition and the shades work really well.

Below is very clever, and beautifully done. The border is neither here nor there for me.

there's a real problem with giving people too much choice, for movement I prefer the composition of the first colour one, the wide view enhancing the feeling of wind and movement, but processed as a B&W.

Love the sheep, and appreciate the effort in layering them all together into one.

for below, I think you've got the border right on this one. (y) great idea and very well executed too. :clap:

No idea how you did it but they are cracking shots. Very creative idea - how did you come up with that one?

Excellent take on the theme, however I'd also like to see more of the roots.

Great idea and cleverly shot (how the heck did you do that?). a tad dark down below on my monitor but I'm still very impressed. (y)

Cheers, yeah the lighting was an issue. I'll post a photograph Saturday of the set up.

I really like the juxtaposition of natural and man-made in pattern. Ok, perfect symmetry would be the ideal, but it's a big ask!

There's something in the B&W movement that really does it for me. The composition and the shades work really well.

Below is very clever, and beautifully done. The border is neither here nor there for me.

Thanks for the c&c.

WITH border for me mate... the straggly edges go well with the roots for me, great blacks as usual from you and very nicely done and an excellent idea (y)

Thanks, I did enjoy this one.

there's a real problem with giving people too much choice, for movement I prefer the composition of the first colour one, the wide view enhancing the feeling of wind and movement, but processed as a B&W.

Love the sheep, and appreciate the effort in layering them all together into one.

for below, I think you've got the border right on this one. (y) great idea and very well executed too. :clap:

Cheers, yeah them sheep are scary!

Hi ya matey

cracking shot from you ,perfect black bg ,great lighting on the leaves & a perfect crop :clap: without the border for me , just seems cleaner somehow.....

Cheers, Lynne.

Very clever, cool :cool:

Thanks (y)

No idea how you did it but they are cracking shots. Very creative idea - how did you come up with that one?

Cheers, sometimes the ideas just pop into my head :wacky:

Hi Andy,
Very effective take on the weeks theme (y)
Lovely lighting on the leaf parts of the plant but just losing a little on the roots.
Care to share how this was done?

Cheers

Pattern: I love how both images work together.

Movement: Really like the b&w one, nice movement in the flag and sea. The sheep ones funny, if you rattle a bag of food they come quick enough lol

Below: I love that shot! Fantastic, would love to know how it was done!

Back