weekly Posiview's 2013 52. Week 52, Water added TTFN.

to say the processing suits the subject would be an understatement.... for a quick post it more than does the job. (y)

Hiya Mate, top lomography job there. (y)

A Holga looking like it was shot with a Holga.

Extra points methinks for the suitable border. :notworthy:

aye...on theme for sure with pp to match ...simple idea but sometimes they're the best (y) how did you get it to levitate ?

3 sleeps & counting.....:D

to say the processing suits the subject would be an understatement.... for a quick post it more than does the job. (y)

Cheers, glad to get this week's theme posted so I can start packing :)

Hiya Mate, top lomography job there. (y)

A Holga looking like it was shot with a Holga.

Extra points methinks for the suitable border. :notworthy:

Cheers. The Holga cost peanuts and Isabelle loves it.

aye...on theme for sure with pp to match ...simple idea but sometimes they're the best (y) how did you get it to levitate ?

3 sleeps & counting.....:D

Cheers, 3 sleeps indeed....not that I'll be sleeping Wednesday night :)

The camera was on a flash stand and I just cloned it out....the power of photoshop.

Cheers all.

I came to comment on the Size picture which made me laugh, I think it's a great idea but I'm not sure about having such a red face, it seems a bit too strong for my taste.

I also didn't really see the connection on the Process image. I'll read the link.... :)

I love the intensity of size... a proper panicky feel, and the mad perpective really adds to it. I don't think straightness matters much with a shot like this. I like it a lot.

Love the idea of Holga-ing a Holga. Nice idea!

(y)
I came to comment on the Size picture which made me laugh, I think it's a great idea but I'm not sure about having such a red face, it seems a bit too strong for my taste.

I also didn't really see the connection on the Process image. I'll read the link.... :)

Size, yeah, all good apart from the red face :nuts:

Process, basically it is a processed photograph.

Nice image and pp that fits the theme.

Cheers

I love the intensity of size... a proper panicky feel, and the mad perpective really adds to it. I don't think straightness matters much with a shot like this. I like it a lot.

Love the idea of Holga-ing a Holga. Nice idea!

Cheers. The Holga is a great, cheap camera.:nono:

Hi Andy,
Good to meet up again, I really enjoyed the weekend despite our mishaps ;)

Never got around to commenting on process, so just to say bang on theme, the processing compliments the subject you've nailed it this week (y)

Hi Andy

Size - spot on for theme and a good e.g. of perspective. Agree with comments about the bench but it is the treatment of your head that I find most distracting - but that is prob down to my taste. Well thought out and well handled.(y)

Process - demonstrates the theme simply and well handled. Like the vignetted treatment and coupled with shape and simplicity of camera it makes an excellent image.

Hi Andy,
Good to meet up again, I really enjoyed the weekend despite our mishaps ;)

Never got around to commenting on process, so just to say bang on theme, the processing compliments the subject you've nailed it this week (y)

Cheers, Iain, great weekend and I'll make sure everyone who attends the next one is aware of what to expect (y)

Hi Andy

Size - spot on for theme and a good e.g. of perspective. Agree with comments about the bench but it is the treatment of your head that I find most distracting - but that is prob down to my taste. Well thought out and well handled.(y)

Process - demonstrates the theme simply and well handled. Like the vignetted treatment and coupled with shape and simplicity of camera it makes an excellent image.

Cheers, yeah the head is an issue :bonk:

Process, nice and simple which worked for me.

Very strange!!

My camera fell into the water during the weekend meet and I thought I'd have to send it off for a repair quite. Fair enough, I thought.

Had a call DVS on behalf of the insurer who took the excess and told me a new D300s would be delivered within 5 days. No mention of returning the damaged one.

So, might get a quote to see how much a repair costs and have 2 bodies.

Cheers from a happy me :)

Hi Andy,

That size image is absolutely brilliant.
Test shot or not, really, really well thought out (y)

Very clever take on process too . . . dare I say it . . . nicely processed :LOL:

I really am trying to spend more time commenting in here, so hopefully I'll catch up with your rock photo soon.

p.s. Congratulations (I think) on the happy camera accident.

Hi Andy,

That size image is absolutely brilliant.
Test shot or not, really, really well thought out (y)

Very clever take on process too . . . dare I say it . . . nicely processed :LOL:

I really am trying to spend more time commenting in here, so hopefully I'll catch up with your rock photo soon.

p.s. Congratulations (I think) on the happy camera accident.

Cheers, Sarah, appreciate the FB (y)

Boo Hiss... My vote is for the tree shot as it is the only one of the three that wasn't taken 2 days before the theme was announced! (to be fair I would have done the same in the circumstances)

Seriously though, I actually really really like number 2. :clap: thats exactly the sort of shot that came into my mind when I saw the theme. Perfect, Love it.

oh - yep, another vote for no2, I actually feel the foreground reeds in #1 form something of a barrier to actually getting into the shot, whereas the sublte rocks in the lake bed in #2 provide interest, but don't dominate....

Shame about the sky - but that is one wierd place for a tree to decide to grow. :eek:

Boo Hiss... My vote is for the tree shot as it is the only one of the three that wasn't taken 2 days before the theme was announced! (to be fair I would have done the same in the circumstances)

Seriously though, I actually really really like number 2. :clap: thats exactly the sort of shot that came into my mind when I saw the theme. Perfect, Love it.

I was driving to work this morning and I did remember when I took them :bonk: first time I've done this. I have another idea in mind. Don't want anyone :rules: me ;)

oh - yep, another vote for no2, I actually feel the foreground reeds in #1 form something of a barrier to actually getting into the shot, whereas the sublte rocks in the lake bed in #2 provide interest, but don't dominate....

Shame about the sky - but that is one wierd place for a tree to decide to grow. :eek:

Yeah, it's #2 for me too. Nice and simple.

#3, yeah, blooming sky/rain....I'll be going back there when the weather improves.

Wonder if Lynne managed anything better :thinking:

Cheers

#2 gets my vote Andy,
The simplicity of the scene really grabs me, it has plenty of detail in the water through to the hills behind whilst remaining quite minimalist.

#3, thats a cracking subject, shame about the sky not playing nice.
Its a great find, how close was that to where we were staying?

Hi matey :wave:

The 1st 2 images are super....& mono works brilliantly for both .Clarity is spot on ( I still don't understand how you got them clear enough to see the bottom of the lakes :thinking:) ,2# just pips it to top spot , think it's just the single rock that makes it work better for me :clap:

As for the tree in the boulder...yup , sky was pants though HDR has bought out some evidence of clouds but my shot is almost silhouette...in other words I sacrificed the tree detail for sky detail :LOL:

#2 gets my vote Andy,
The simplicity of the scene really grabs me, it has plenty of detail in the water through to the hills behind whilst remaining quite minimalist.

#3, thats a cracking subject, shame about the sky not playing nice.
Its a great find, how close was that to where we were staying?

Cheers, Iain, #2 for me.

#3 is about an hour from Penrith, near Ingleton.

Number 2 for me. The simplicity makes this a great image to look at IMO

Cheers, I am partial to a bit of minimalism.:D

Hi matey :wave:

The 1st 2 images are super....& mono works brilliantly for both .Clarity is spot on ( I still don't understand how you got them clear enough to see the bottom of the lakes :thinking:) ,2# just pips it to top spot , think it's just the single rock that makes it work better for me :clap:

As for the tree in the boulder...yup , sky was pants though HDR has bought out some evidence of clouds but my shot is almost silhouette...in other words I sacrificed the tree detail for sky detail :LOL:

Hi, Lynne, if you want to see the bottom use a polariser to cut through the reflections.

I'll be back when the weather improves for the boulder (y)

Quick off the mark this week matey (y)

I on the other hand have been loafing around all day :LOL:

#1 gets my vote, simply for the colour.
Well lit and composed, the use of negative space above "the creatures" works well too.

I sense something of a style developing here from you Andy, you posted a leaf shot before, for 'space' if memory serves correct which has a similar feel to it.

It is a very clean look which is very appealing on the eye.

Cheers

Not been on all week so a bit of a catch up 2nd rock pic is excellent but I do like the 1st one too, pity about the tree.

Pair they do look a bit Starship trooper, not really sure about it as an image though to me it lacks something :shrug:

Hi, all, 2 (well 3) from me.

#1 and #2 are my submissions; #3 was supposed to be my main submission because it's a cracking rock/tree, but as Lynne will testify the sky was a big sheet of nothingness. I post it just to show the beauty of it.

I'll catch up on you'all posts this week (y)

Cheers.

Rock 3 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Rock 2 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

When the sky is a f***er ;) by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

#1 & 2 are great shots. Personally I like the simplicity of composition in #2.

Quick off the mark this week matey (y)

I on the other hand have been loafing around all day :LOL:

#1 gets my vote, simply for the colour.
Well lit and composed, the use of negative space above "the creatures" works well too.

I sense something of a style developing here from you Andy, you posted a leaf shot before, for 'space' if memory serves correct which has a similar feel to it.

It is a very clean look which is very appealing on the eye.

Cheers

Cheers, Iain, appreciate the FB.

I do like my leaves :D

Not been on all week so a bit of a catch up 2nd rock pic is excellent but I do like the 1st one too, pity about the tree.

Pair they do look a bit Starship trooper, not really sure about it as an image though to me it lacks something :shrug:

Cheers, Starship Troopers indeed.

I've added an edit because I felt the origionals were a bit too harsh.

If you can work out what it lasks let me know (y)

#1 & 2 are great shots. Personally I like the simplicity of composition in #2.

Lovely sharp, simple subject, nicely composed. Perhaps a crop to get rid of all the white space above the subject would help, as it does nothing for me.

Cheers, I'm a sucker for negative space and wasn't keen on cropping it out.

Cheers.

helloooooo

edited version works for me ,I love the hint of color , you know it's there but it's very subtle .Superb lighting as well , nice high key effect , love the empty space & the visible textured bit under the leaves just lifts it ....beautiful :clap:

Liking your pair shot Andy - can see they do like a bit like spiky insects rearing up at each other... (a bit :LOL:).

Great lighting, and the texture under with the shadow really adds to the shot. Def the colour over the B&W for me though too.

nothing negative to say at all. (y)

Hi Andy, I'm kind of glad to be late to comment as your re-shoot is superb.

Great job (y)

helloooooo

edited version works for me ,I love the hint of color , you know it's there but it's very subtle .Superb lighting as well , nice high key effect , love the empty space & the visible textured bit under the leaves just lifts it ....beautiful :clap:

Liking your pair shot Andy - can see they do like a bit like spiky insects rearing up at each other... (a bit :LOL:).

Great lighting, and the texture under with the shadow really adds to the shot. Def the colour over the B&W for me though too.

nothing negative to say at all. (y)

Well I don't know what you've been drinking Andy - aliens squarung up for a fight? :wacky:
I really do like it though, espectially the reshot version. Really, really nice mono conversion too.

Those mono lanscapes for rock are just a bit special too.
Really really love them :love:

Hi Andy :)

Pair - Very nice mate, I certainly prefer the colour version, the colour and crop of your edit are wonderful, such good detail - Love it :clap:

Hi Andy, I'm kind of glad to be late to comment as your re-shoot is superb.

Great job (y)

Cheers, all, as a wise man once said, "you don't have to be crazy to take part, but it helps!!", or something like that :D

On the rocks, I agree #2. But go on - be a devil: comp a sky onto that third shot. You know you want to. A big, stormy, moody sky.

Come to the dark side.

I cannot express how much I love the pair shot; it immediately brings to mind warring stag beetles and the tiny hint of texture on the surface they're on is just gorgeous. That's pretty much the definition of a faultless shot in my opinion; concept, composition, lighting - every technical and artistic element firing on all cylinders. One to mount on the wall, methinks.

On the rocks, I agree #2. But go on - be a devil: comp a sky onto that third shot. You know you want to. A big, stormy, moody sky.

Come to the dark side.

I cannot express how much I love the pair shot; it immediately brings to mind warring stag beetles and the tiny hint of texture on the surface they're on is just gorgeous. That's pretty much the definition of a faultless shot in my opinion; concept, composition, lighting - every technical and artistic element firing on all cylinders. One to mount on the wall, methinks.

Hi, Tomy, now i don't do,e here for ego, but when someone posts such a wonderful and supporting comment it really strums me on (y)

I might have a go a putting a sky in, although with the branches it might not work.

Cheers.

Hi, Tomy, now i don't do,e here for ego, but when someone posts such a wonderful and supporting comment it really strums me on (y)

I might have a go a putting a sky in, although with the branches it might not work.

Cheers.

You're more than welcome. And no flattery - just honest opinion.

In terms of comping the sky, do you have photoshop? Don't even try to mask it off - just put the sky and use Multiply or Screen as a layer blending mode depending on the sky you're using. Job done, no masking needed.

Back