weekly Posiview's 2013 52. Week 52, Water added TTFN.

Hi

Tenuous maybe but a lovely sharp pic of the thief, a fine fox indeed.
Obviously the flash has caught his/her eyes but it doesn't distract from what is an unusual pic to get they usually run a mile. :clap:

Hi

Tenuous maybe but a lovely sharp pic of the thief, a fine fox indeed.
Obviously the flash has caught his/her eyes but it doesn't distract from what is an unusual pic to get they usually run a mile. :clap:

Cheers. We have foxes around our house and, as you say, they usually run a mile if they see humans.

like the tenuous link.. :clap:

super shot, low down, eye contact, super focus and great detail. Flash has brought out the colour in the grass and the foxes fur a treat, before receding into darkness behind.

Nice one. (y)

A little tenuous as you say Andy but doesn't detract from a cracking natural history photograph.

Its got everything going for it, eye contact, strong composition, technically very good.

Only a small crit, but if the effect of the flash on the eyes could be reduced a little it would be perfect for me.

Cheers

How, all, can't multi post on ipad....:bat:

It was an amazing moment to be so close to the fox.

Here photograph looks nothing like it does on my laptop, it loos far more vibrant, but hey how.

Iain, I could sorted the flash effect.....bit in all honestly I didn't notice it :bonk:

Cheers.

Helloooooo :wave:

couldn't get the linky to work for sweet ...kept taking me to Tenuous ??

anyhow....shoehorned it maybe but it's one of those moments you have to be there for & they really are quite sweet ....flash eye aside I really like that , plenty of detail ,colors good & the stance is perfect :clap:

Helloooooo :wave:

couldn't get the linky to work for sweet ...kept taking me to Tenuous ??

anyhow....shoehorned it maybe but it's one of those moments you have to be there for & they really are quite sweet ....flash eye aside I really like that , plenty of detail ,colors good & the stance is perfect :clap:

Cheers.

Must get my laptop calibrated. When I view on laptop the photograph has far more colour and general punch :thinking:

Hi all, well Jackie and I remortgaged the house to get a new bathroom and take a holiday to Florida......she banged 2.5K into my bank account :D

I was slightly cautious....then went spending :naughty:

If you could see me.....:woot::banana::woot::banana:

Hi Andy :wave:

Sweet is a cracking shot :clap: The light in the eyes are a little bright but they don't bother me too much. I'm not sure on the border though.

How, all, can't multi post on ipad....:bat:
You can. Select each post, tap the line beside the name, (you should get the choices share, report or quote) and tick the box. Then click the arrow top right on the screen and you should get the option to Muliti-Quote reply, or unsubscribe and refresh page!

Hi all, well Jackie and I remortgaged the house to get a new bathroom and take a holiday to Florida......she banged 2.5K into my bank account :D

I was slightly cautious....then went spending :naughty:

If you could see me.....:woot::banana::woot::banana:

Oooo what you buying?

Hi Andy

Power - fine idea. Looks a bit grey to me. Would like it a bit lighter altho I note your issues with ISO :bonk: I get the connection and thought that the programme was v good but my immediate thought on seeing the image, despite the wording, was of the black power salute at the Olympics 1968 which predates Cit Smith by 9 years - showing my age.

Solitude - both shots on theme but photographically #2 is the standout. good clarity, details in sky and solid blacks. The ragged border suits it too.

Sweet - well only on theme if you were there i suppose!. But a well exposed shot, remarkably sharp and much better viewed on Flickr - you seem to have started to post small images on the thread and these do not do your shots as much justice as Flickr e'g on this one the fox coat and grass are far better rendered on Flickr

Hi Andy

Power - fine idea. Looks a bit grey to me. Would like it a bit lighter altho I note your issues with ISO :bonk: I get the connection and thought that the programme was v good but my immediate thought on seeing the image, despite the wording, was of the black power salute at the Olympics 1968 which predates Cit Smith by 9 years - showing my age.

Solitude - both shots on theme but photographically #2 is the standout. good clarity, details in sky and solid blacks. The ragged border suits it too.

Sweet - well only on theme if you were there i suppose!. But a well exposed shot, remarkably sharp and much better viewed on Flickr - you seem to have started to post small images on the thread and these do not do your shots as much justice as Flickr e'g on this one the fox coat and grass are far better rendered on Flickr

Cheers, Alan, appreciate the detailed feedback (y)

Hi, all been somewhat AWOL recently due to decorating. Grabbed a few tonight. Pretty naff though as I have gear all over the place. Couldn't find my laptop so edited on iPad via Snapseed.

Also, can't seem to find BB code in Flickr via ipad :bonk:

Anyway, links here to Sweet reshoot. Bought a Fuji X20 and it's amazing. Photograph doesn't do it justice.

Sweet link http://www.flickr.com/photos/leedssamuraimartialartsseminar2008/

Here's my Cut. My idea didn't really translate but thought I'd post and be damned to keep it up to date. No crit needed on either due to above reasons.

Cut link http://www.flickr.com/photos/leedssamuraimartialartsseminar2008/

I'm also conscious that I haven't commented much this week....sorry...and I'm out tomorrow night so will catch up over the weekend (y)

Cheers.

New toys... always a yay!! (y)

I know you said no crit needed, but.....

nothing to fault on the camera shot, really rather nice, and good work getting all the cuts nice and parallel, could maybe go a tad brighter?

New toys... always a yay!! (y)

I know you said no crit needed, but.....

nothing to fault on the camera shot, really rather nice, and good work getting all the cuts nice and parallel, could maybe go a tad brighter?

Cheers, reshoot me thinks.

The cut idea had potential! but no time.....and I'm off out with the lads so I apologise in advance for any drunken tam kings posts later tonight :D

Cheers.

Hi Andy

Cant really say anymore than Graham has said, he has hit the nail on the head, cut as you say definitely has potential.

Hi, all, been a bit quite lately with decorating and all that. Now just about done, so I went for a walk in the park and decided to go light and take my new Fuji X20. Feels strange not being weighed down :D

These don't do justice to what I saw. An elderly couple absolutely loving every step of their walk. I felt like I was stalking them :D They were talking about everything from insects on trees, to the weather, to politics. They were a cracking couple.

"Don't forget to Live!"

Week 41 Live by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Week 41 Live 2 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Lovely back-story Andy, aren't old people cool.

Wondering if two steps to the left would have put you more central to the path, and avoided the trees coming out the tops of their heads. Not a massive fan of the processing either if I'm honest. And looks like the clone tools been worked hard too, blown sky top left? and a slip on the spot above their heads??

I reckon the shot would stand up with a more honest simple B&W or desaturated conversion, with the tree / post above the ladies head being worth spending time with the clone tool.

:eek: I know you're a fan of people being honest.. (y)

Sorry Andy, I'm disappointed with the sloppy editing. A big patch of grass in the trees, repetitive artefacts next to the remains of a half cloned out bench... not to your usual standard at all.

did you upload the wrong file?

:(

Lovely back-story Andy, aren't old people cool.

Wondering if two steps to the left would have put you more central to the path, and avoided the trees coming out the tops of their heads. Not a massive fan of the processing either if I'm honest. And looks like the clone tools been worked hard too, blown sky top left? and a slip on the spot above their heads??

I reckon the shot would stand up with a more honest simple B&W or desaturated conversion, with the tree / post above the ladies head being worth spending time with the clone tool.

:eek: I know you're a fan of people being honest.. (y)

Hi, appreciate the crit. Nothing I wouldn't have said myself. On my excuse I have is the chaotic house during decorating.

Anyway, wonder what tomorrow will bring :D

Sorry Andy, I'm disappointed with the sloppy editing. A big patch of grass in the trees, repetitive artefacts next to the remains of a half cloned out bench... not to your usual standard at all.

did you upload the wrong file?

:(

Oi, you, outside.....now....:bat:

Your disappointment with the processing on this occasion is deserved (y)

I do like my overall interpretation, though :)

Rush job. I'll revisit.

Cheers and you can come inside now :D

Last edited:
Hi Andy

First live one for me, works especially with the background story.

The trouble I find with most candid street shots is there is a lack of any connection to the people in the pic and with this you have got round that, tells its own little story.

It has its faults as has been pointed out already, but a picture does not have to be perfect to be good. (y)

Hi ya matey :wave:

Had a quick peeky at your Cut image...missed the link originally ) good angle , impressively accurate cutting of paper but a touch too grey for me.....

Live.....B&W for me , I'd not noticed any of the things Brian noticed ( maybe I need to go to specsavers :bonk: ) but even with those niggles it's a great shot (y)

I prefer the first one, nice framing and nice back story.

Cheers.

Cut could be really cracking if you have the opportunity to do a reshoot. Love the Live shot.

How's the Fuji working out for you? Do you see yourself shifting over to it more Han your SLR?

In terms of commenting don't feel bad - you're doing a lot better than I am!

Cheers. The Fuji is amazing. I've been away in Blackpool for the weekend and ledt all my DSLR gear at home :D Can't say I missed it.

Hi ya matey :wave:

Had a quick peeky at your Cut image...missed the link originally ) good angle , impressively accurate cutting of paper but a touch too grey for me.....

Live.....B&W for me , I'd not noticed any of the things Brian noticed ( maybe I need to go to specsavers :bonk: ) but even with those niggles it's a great shot (y)

Cheers. Cut will be a reshoot.

Brian has a good eye.

Cheers.

Hi Andy

First live one for me, works especially with the background story.

The trouble I find with most candid street shots is there is a lack of any connection to the people in the pic and with this you have got round that, tells its own little story.

It has its faults as has been pointed out already, but a picture does not have to be perfect to be good. (y)

Thanks. I do very few of this genre so I'm happy with the overall idea.

Cheers (y)

Hi, all, just got back from a weekend with Jackie in Blackpool and I decided to travel light so just took my X20. New camera and I saw a great reflection opportunity. Just started to process the photographs and noticed they were JPEG :bonk:

The weather was very contrasty so I was going for a subtle HDR but now I may have to rethink.

Early in the week so plenty of time for other ideas, though I may see what I can salvage :D

Cheers.

Hi, all, just got back from a weekend with Jackie in Blackpool and I decided to travel light so just took my X20. New camera and I saw a great reflection opportunity. Just started to process the photographs and noticed they were JPEG :bonk:

The weather was very contrasty so I was going for a subtle HDR but now I may have to rethink.

Early in the week so plenty of time for other ideas, though I may see what I can salvage :D

Cheers.

ha ha...SNAP ! Just picked up the D7000 from some tlc at Nikon , spent a day snapping away in Clumber park , got home & realised Id forgotten to change it back to RAW :bang: Why do Nikon insist on changing it to jpeg :thinking:

As said, bloomin' JPEG :bonk:

Spotted in Blackpool and was an obvious choice for me. I shot a lot of square orientation for some reason which I rather liked.

I saw another opportunity to photograph the roller coaster in a reflection. I would have been quite good IMHO but the wind picked up and there were too many ripples :shake:

I might see what else presents itself, but here's my reflection. Click on the photograph to view via Flickr...much better :D

Week 42 Reflection by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Back