2014 Photo52 Challenge : Week 52 : Support

BLIMEY !!!

Did I miss a big conversation or what :)

For what it's worth, here is my take, albeit maybe a tad late and repeating others thoughts...

Everybody has a slightly different take on the 52, it is 'your 52' you choose the rulers that will help you through it, whether it be some Jokers for when you are pushed or allowing yourself 2 or 3 weeks max to fall behind Etc... it is a challenge, a very BIG challenge, new joiners each year I feel underestimate how much effort, dedication and pure madness it takes to see it through, that sure includes me :bonk:

With this being my 3rd year I knew at the beginning that my posts, both photographic and commenting would again be a bit sporadic to say the least, but hey it keeps me thinking, not out of the box as much as it did before but enough.

Next year is going to be a tough year for me, work will I hope be as manic as ever, but with a home move and a business premises move likely in the new year too, I certainly envisage a year again like this, where I will not be able to take and post an image in every week, but once the moves are over I hope to get back a more suitable work/life balance, and be doing just that <fingers crossed>

Moving on I WILL be doing 2015, I've started the spreadsheet already, and am looking forward to it... for those staying in next year I personally feel the format does not need changing, BUT we could get some variety on the themes, why not lets all submit a minimum of 4 or 5 new themes each (In a new Thread), with the varying tastes we have we could get some great new idea's with some objects as well as actions and emotions etc.

I'll miss all the regular 52'ers that are bowing out at the end of this year, and the massive input they have had in keeping the 52 enjoyable, at the same time, each year there is fresh blood that inject fresh takes and styles on the themes - so all good !!

Comment wise, I certainly will carry on as I currently do, If I have time I'll comment on a load, but when busy will concentrate on people that have commented on mine first, we ALL have life challenges as well as the 52, and I'm sure we all understand that unless you are retired and in full health there is no way anybody will comment on all photo's every week throughout the whole year, especially at the start when there is 100+ photo's

In the end, do what you can to keep it enjoyable for yourself, as soon as it becomes a chore you will feel like dropping out...

Over and OUT !!!

I agree with you, Dean. Let's try to keep the collective chin up for the last sprint!

I have less right than anyone else commenting on this thread because I'm so new to this game. But I think it's fab and I'm really enjoying it. I also want to say a big thanks to everyone else who's been taking part because if it weren't for you, it'd just be me posting some pictures and wondering how to improve them on my own.

BTW, the reason I'm posting on this thread and not commenting on all of your photos... I have a ghastly internet connection (even this thread took nearly a minute to open - with NO pictures in it!) so I'm just avoiding threads with photos while I'm in this hotel. My Flickr photo took nearly 30 minutes to upload!!

No worries Paul... nobody should have to explain, I have tried a bit on here, update spreadsheet and comment on a couple of photo's... been a Loooooooooong week, I'm beat and off to watch some tv in bed for 5 mins :D

Hoping <fingers crossed again> that I get off early and am home before 6:00pm for a change tomorrow :pray:

NIGHT ALL :wave:

No worries Paul... nobody should have to explain, I have tried a bit on here, update spreadsheet and comment on a couple of photo's... been a Loooooooooong week, I'm beat and off to watch some tv in bed for 5 mins :D

Hoping <fingers crossed again> that I get off early and am home before 6:00pm for a change tomorrow :pray:

NIGHT ALL :wave:

Take care DK. Hope you are home on time and a have a good weekend

Two people have already "nicked" my idea :(. Arrange these words in the correct order...."drawing board the back to"

Ditto, Peter, that's the problem with posting late.

Anyway, the two of us won't go for the obvious ;)

Or you could still do the idea you had and do a better job :p

And as for the group hug.......where's all the ladies :thinking:, if its just us blokes.......I'll give it a miss thank you :exit:

Time... it's a matter of time, sometimes MAKING time.

I've an idea for both of the passed two weeks' themes but it's just a matter of time!

Also, sorry for not being on here recently, again time and I'm also installing a linux server at work too, so free time is being spent there and on researching stuff.

Time... it's a matter of time, sometimes MAKING time.

I've an idea for both of the passed two weeks' themes but it's just a matter of time!

Also, sorry for not being on here recently, again time and I'm also installing a linux server at work too, so free time is being spent there and on researching stuff.

No worries. You have ideas, which is half the battle. Looking forward to your submissions.

Cheers

I bet you say that to all the boys :kiss: :exit::D

Oi, I've seen you and you've seen me.....in the dark, let's leave it at that :)

& there's the theme....FIRST....thinking cap on for this one ,thanks Sarah (y)

As for the big discussion....I agree with comments made by all......
yes it's hard work & needs to be your own challenge
yes commenting is hard, partic in the 1st 8 weeks but lots can be learnt by giving as well as receiving crit
yes we all have lives outside the challenge which get in the way & making time can be hard
yes people need to commit & realise from the start what they're getting in to

BUT YA KNOW WHAT ???

it's bloomin' fantastic :D

In the word's of Arnie.......I'll be back...for 2015 (y)

can I join in the group hug:rolleyes:

& there's the theme....FIRST....thinking cap on for this one ,thanks Sarah (y)

As for the big discussion....I agree with comments made by all......
yes it's hard work & needs to be your own challenge
yes commenting is hard, partic in the 1st 8 weeks but lots can be learnt by giving as well as receiving crit
yes we all have lives outside the challenge which get in the way & making time can be hard
yes people need to commit & realise from the start what they're getting in to

BUT YA KNOW WHAT ???

it's bloomin' fantastic :D

In the word's of Arnie.......I'll be back...for 2015 (y)

can I join in the group hug:rolleyes:

Sage words, Lynne.

The group huge consists of you, Phil, and me so far :)

:p To the rest ;)

WOW......... Looks like I have missed out on some stuff, I have been away from here as it has been hard to find the time with the hours I work. Plus I have been really ill so not been in the mood for my camera. But today I am going to make a list of the themes I have missed and get my self all caught up hopefully over the next week. And have a jolly good catch up around the forum to see what people have been up to.

Hi Mandy ... welcome back. Yes do please post some pics if you can but don't feel obliged to catch up on all your comments/crits. We've been discussing this and it's not mandatory (geddit?). ;)

Anyway enough of my rambles here’s my approach for the final couple of months
  • Do a mega post of my catch up images
  • Catch up on those that have kindly taken time to comment on mine in the past
  • Keep on top of the feedback even if I haven’t posted for that week yet
  • Take and post more pictures until week 52 although continue at my own pace
The fight back has started.
  • Mega Post - Done
  • Catch Up - Started

Come on Mandy. You can do it. And you're not as far behind as I was. Hope you're felling better now. Good to see you back.

The fight back has started.
  • Mega Post - Done
  • Catch Up - Started

I know how you must feel mate, I'm trying to do the same, photo's are virtually there All taken, some edited, one posted), I'm going to do do comments every night this week to to get up to date I hope <fingers crossed>

Back