weekly 52 in 2014 Cowboy

Hi, excellent butterfly, colour and DoF are both excellent, they are tricky buggers to catch, well done (y)

Nice DOF there Mark and the image certainly fits with the Nature theme... crisp sharp image...

Thanks.

that is lovely Mark, mix of pastelly colours in the flower with the reds and oranges on the butterfly, as well as the greens of the BG

jobs a good 'un. (y)

Oh - and glad someone had some sun this afternoon. :(

Umm, I was in a giant greenhouse :D

Step - I agree with you about needing the tall bloke in a cape and top hat which might add some interest for me

Nature - I just had to look at this one bigger. Absolutely stunning. Sharp exactly where you need it with the exposure just right as is the DoF. Top marks for this one.

Ta very much.

Step - good shot. Very atmospheric and a good b/w conversion.

Nature - good composition and great colours. Well shot too!

Again, thanks :)

Hi Mark :)

That butterfly has wonderful colours, nice even light on both wings, good detail, nice one (y)

Nature - wonderful take for the theme, really like it.

Nature - brilliant shot from the angle of the flower, sharpness and complementary colours, can't find any crit!:):)

Thanks

hahaaaa been there done that... will do again MANY times :LOL:

How many shots did you take, triple figures I bet ??

Almost :)

Would I do it again?
Most definitely :D

Hi Mark,

Nature... love the butterfly, beautiful picture :)
Action... Do you do side car? its a nice crisp shot, they are not easy to get unless you can get near, my son owned and drove on late 90's early 2000, used to watch as often as possible :)
Mono... very nice flower good composition, for me anyway, nice and sharp (y)

Last edited:
Hi Mark,

Nature... love the butterfly, beautiful picture :)
Action... Do you do side car? its a nice crisp shot, they are not easy to get unless you can get near, my son owned and drove on late 90's early 2000, used to watch as often as possible :)
Mono... very nice flower good composition, for me anyway, nice and sharp (y)

Thanks.

I was about 6 feet away from the sidecar. I try to get to a few events every year and I am getting better at shooting them, never had a go in one though :)

Hi Mark

apologies for being slack in the comments dept recently.......

Nature....perfectly placed in the frame ,perfect focus on the flutterby ( chasing them for the perfect shot does get a bit addicitve ) & great DOF :clap:

Action......yup , it's a winner for me.....great panning , perfectly sharp....what's not to like about those outfits :clap: Looks a little bit like Cadwell......the bend just after the straight in front of the cafe.....

Mono....like it , lovely focus , nicely placed in the frame , good DOF......(y) not sure if there's just a smidge too much space top & rhs :thinking:

Quick catch up from me Mark....

Nature- very nice, colours, dof, composition, great (y)

Action- good panning, good detail on the machine, nice motion blur on the track (y) if anything, could do with a little more space in front :)

Mono- nice shot, good focus and dof (y)........just lacks a little something for me :)

Action - I like it great colours fits the theme well, Im off to the Thundersprint in a couple of weeks really looking forward to watching the sidecars go round there

Cheers, hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Hi Mark

apologies for being slack in the comments dept recently.......

Nature....perfectly placed in the frame ,perfect focus on the flutterby ( chasing them for the perfect shot does get a bit addicitve ) & great DOF :clap:

Action......yup , it's a winner for me.....great panning , perfectly sharp....what's not to like about those outfits :clap: Looks a little bit like Cadwell......the bend just after the straight in front of the cafe.....

Mono....like it , lovely focus , nicely placed in the frame , good DOF......(y) not sure if there's just a smidge too much space top & rhs :thinking:

Thanks, yep Cadwell.

You could be right with the mono, there does seem to be a lot of dark around.

Quick catch up from me Mark....

Nature- very nice, colours, dof, composition, great (y)

Action- good panning, good detail on the machine, nice motion blur on the track (y) if anything, could do with a little more space in front :)

Mono- nice shot, good focus and dof (y)........just lacks a little something for me :)

Ta very much.

Mono, yeah, the composition and isolated flower has real impact. Good conversion. If you inclined dodging the LH BG flowers would draw the eye to the main subject. Minor point, though.

Cheers.

Action - fantastic clarity of the main subject against just enough motion blur of the track - great shot!

Mono - Not a great fan of b&w shots of flowers - I like to see their natural colours - but well composed, good dof and it certainly fits the theme!

Nice panning and composition on the sidecar.. a tad more in front maybe, but not a big deal... I reckon you could slow your shutter a bit more next time, good result at 1/125 here!

Daisy I like, the main thing that struck me was I think the whites could be a tiny bit brighter?

Hi Mark, nice panning on the bike as mentioned not a big fan of motorsport, last time I went to Oulton park Barry Sheen was riding

Love the flower shot nice composition, nicely placed in the frame and nice conversion too (y)

Hi Mark...three super shots...Nature...well done to capture the butterfly so clearly.
Action really sharp and clear...but still with that sense of speed, it fits the bill perfectly, and I love the mono one...the dof and the single flower ....super composition...I like that one a lot :)

Mark - Nature - very nice comp, b.g and dof. Thought it a bit overexposed at first but looking at Flickr it is far better. (Also like that lacewing(?) on Flickr)
Action - good pan and pov. Unusual to see a sidecar too
Mono - works well for comp , focus and dof - but agree with Graham that the white is a bit grey

Hi, like the way it sits in the frame but seems a tad dark to me :thinking:

Hey Mark :)

Action - A good capture on the corner, a real good sense of speed !!!

Mono - Nice composition, the daisy stands out nicely, good focal point, the B&W works well but so would a colour shot imo :)

Twisted - Twisty that's for sure, but a tad too dark for me to see all the detail, the sections that are bright seem in good focus on my lappy :)

Hi Mark,
Nature, stunning piece of work there. You have captured the colours of the butterfly wonderfully and set them off perfectly against the subdued background.
Action, again vivid colours set off well against the track, coupled with a real sense of movement.
Mono, bang on theme, I particularly like your use of the negative space. (y)

Twisted, Great composition, its already been said and I agree could be better if the branch was lighter.

Back