weekly Andy0306 52 attempt - Vertical, Loud and reshoot, added.

What software are you using?? Is it PSE 6?

These are pretty simple tweaks, and even Picasa has very simple sliders / tools to make these changes if anything more complicated is daunting at the moment.

Daisy just needs a White Balance adjustment, see >> here <<, there is an eye dropper that you click something that is supposed to be white, and it sets the WB accordingly. Or even a one click button that often works. :)

and the bench can have the shadows darkened and highlights brightened too (opposite of what you often want to do most of the time!). also in Picasa, >> link <<

Nothing wrong with using the challenge to ask for help with things you want to learn about. (y)

I do have PSE 6 and I recently grabbed the free download of perfect effects 8 (that's where all the options were located). Really appreciate the advice, I'll have a play and see if I can recreate the above effects manually. Might be worth sitting through a few youtube videos, seems to be quite a few out there.

Hi Andy, I am new to this too, I don't have PS but I did have a go with your image just in Windows Live Photo gallery and just by moving the sliders to adjust exposure it really makes a difference. I think the bench is an excellent choice, great angle and the shape bit is perfect for the theme.

Hi, nice colour as said above but it needs a straighten and maybe you could have been more head on, fits the theme

Hi Andy

thank you for straightening it (y) On theme , sharp, bright & I kinda like that it's not quite head on ( though that would have had some merit ).....I'm seeing a slight blue tinge to the all the glass , whites & chrome though :thinking:

Hi Andy

thank you for straightening it (y) On theme , sharp, bright & I kinda like that it's not quite head on ( though that would have had some merit ).....I'm seeing a slight blue tinge to the all the glass , whites & chrome though :thinking:

Now you've said it there is a slight tint, but it's on the original so not down to my tinkering :) The only PP on it was a little brightening and the cloning of the driver, who was standing in the door with a mug of tea. If you look closely, I had to build the yellow forklifts back end (oh and the straightening) :whistle:

Busdriver_zps84efbfc8.jpg

On seeing the original, I'm impressed with the cloning of the driver Andy and rebuilding the plant machine in the bg (y), think I'd have just gone for getting rid of it for ease :)

Numbers, on theme and cracking colours, focus and detail. My only crit is the head on composition. I feel an angle would work better or getting in closer.

Cheers.

Mono: A nicely rendered mono. Nice deep black and highlights which gives it a dynamic feel while staying balanced. Maybe a clone of the twig in the foreground? I would keep the leaves in.

Twisted: Very nicely done and good use of DOF. Looks nice and sharp where it counts and like how you can see the fresh shoots emerging.

Shape:
I think you've chosen a good POV here and the composition works well. Needs a boost though and the advice offered by Graham will do just the trick. If you have the time, try tweaking it as suggested and re-post for us too see?

Number: Hells bells - There are a lot of numbers on this :) You've processed this really well to remove the person. Impressive! Nicely exposed too retaining colour and cloud detail. Good stuff Andy

Throwing these in as I'm falling behind and off for a week so don't want to slip further.

Strong Current (And a shoehorn)
Strong current by Andydf, on Flickr

Texture, this is actually a rotting leaf found in the garden :)
Texture by Andydf, on Flickr

These guys were having a wild time :whistle: (Ok I didn't get his head in the shot, but it will do for now).
Wild time by Andydf, on Flickr

Hi Andy.....strong fits the bill, that water certainly looks turbulent.

I really love the leaf...lots of lovely texture in there ...shame about the little white flarey bits.

Super shot of the ladybirds...lovely textures in the leaf and you even have a fly in it too, I took some ladybirds last week, they just wouldn't keep still, you've done well.

Good catch up Andy, the ladybirds brought a smile, good colour and detail (y)...........maybe he's already married and didn't want to be identified :whistle: :naughty: :D

Hi, pity about the ladybirds hiding slightly would have been great pic
not a lot going on in texture, strong current looks like it needs a little straighten

Strong has potential but needs a better location.

Texture, the are textures but it all ends to be in focus, for me. I likeable square crop, though.

Wild, well spotted and nice colours but a little small.

Cheers.

Textures great for me... Focus and dof spot on, just those bright bits that distract from the detail

Hi Andy :)

Shape - for a post and be damned I like it, not so sure on the crop, thinking it could go wider to bring in the whole seat depth??, the DoF is nice and shallow separating the cast iron nicely, like the B&W too :)

Numbers - Less of a shoehorn than mine so not going to crit on that element :D

Lovely bright colours, thinking it looks a tad on the wonk but the container dismisses that thought too, fits the theme fine for me, C85, 5905 and a number plate, lovely looking bus too (y)

Strong - Fine for the theme but feels it needs something :thinking: - weeks ticked though :)

Texture - Nice stringy detail there, well lit and a tiny bit of sparkle, nowt wrong with this one for me (y)

Wild - Realy liking the ladybugs bright colours against the greenery, a tighter crop would improve this I feel, other than that some good detail caught in good light :)

Great catch-up (y)

I was sure I'd commented on these. I'm wondering whether I clicked on the submit button

Step - I'm wondering whether looking up to the steps may have emphasised the theme more

Nature - I'm liking the light on these leaves especially the ones towards the mid-left of the image

Action - You've caught the action. Having been to one of these demos I know how difficult it is to get a clean background

Mono - Nice conversion which compliments the subject. I'd possibly clone out the top left leaves though

Twisted - Definitely twisted. I would prefer the focus to be on the left hand third maybe

Fresh - I feel the lighting has let this down a little but the square crop is spot on for the subject

Shape - Nice idea. Maybe a boost of contrast would make the use of the shallow DoF jump out even further.

Numbers - I remember these Midland Reds from years ago when visiting my Granny in Sutton Coldfield. Do they still have them?

Strong - I could see where you're going this so maybe not so much of a shoehorn as you think

Texture - I was trying to work out what it was until I read the thread. I was guessing loft insulation

Wild - Well done for capturing these too "at it". Exposure looks good (no pun intended)

Thanks for the feedback, back from my hols now so need to play catchup again :rolleyes:

Numbers - I remember these Midland Reds from years ago when visiting my Granny in Sutton Coldfield. Do they still have them?

No idea to be honest, I took the shot at Bruntingthorpe airfield :)

Wow - it's certainly colourful! On my monitor, the foreground greens are looking a bit oversaturated but that might be part of the dream effect you're wanting? The haze beyond definitely works. I like it - and it's certainly different from your previous shots which were great but variety is the spice of life!

Dtreamy indeed. I ike the processing, although sky looks a little noisey. I likebthe diagonal lines and the greens and blues really pop.

I feel the inclusuion of a lone figure, although a bit of a cliche, may work well.

Cheers.

Hi, the vivid colours and whatever effect you have on this does convey a certain dream like view as Andy said above the sky seems to have suffered

It's a manual attempt at the Orton effect, only found it by chance but one of the processes is to add noise. Although reading the tut again, it was optional, so maybe I could have skipped it.

*Goes off to try it again without the noise*

Back