weekly Andy0306 52 attempt - Vertical, Loud and reshoot, added.

I'm going to cheat a little with this one and use a photo taken last year. My original idea was to photograph a watch face with 'Quartz' written on it, but the only watch I could find was too scratched :(

Cheddar Gorge
by Andydf, on Flickr

Hi Ya

not bad for a phone pic.....who needs a dslr :LOL: Nice colors & formations in there

I'm not a fan of phone lenses/sensors and I think this has let you down although we haven't always got a DSLR to hand. There's definitely potential in those rock formations though.

It fits the theme but as an image i'm not keen. I think a better composition would help as at the moment its a little busy, this isn't helped by the telegraph pole going through the barrier which is the focal point of the shot. A slightly different angle and a closer crop may have worked better.

I do like the colour of the barrier against the drab tones around it and I like the tracks as lead in lines.

As said before it fits the theme but the image is a bit drab. Perhaps a head on shot with the tracks to lead you in... as John has said the pole etc in the background take away from the main theme which is the end buffer...

Thanks for your comments, Whilst I agree a head on shot and the elimination of the pole would be good, I couldn't afford the £1000 fine for going on the tracks :LOL:

I couldn't think of any other place to take this shot, so I'm going to stick with it for this theme :angelic:

Works well Andy, certainly better for cloning the pole out (y) as mentioned, possibly a different composition, looking straight down the tracks at this might have worked well :)

I decided not to look at anyone else's submissions before doing my own and I can see that didn't work as one of my entries is of and end of line. Suspicious that I might not be the only one though I also took two others of different subjects.

I can't clone anything out as I don't have the software but you've doe a good job there.

Hi, agree with above comments 2nd one slightly better but i think straight on view would have been better :thinking:

I decided not to look at anyone else's submissions before doing my own and I can see that didn't work as one of my entries is of and end of line. Suspicious that I might not be the only one though I also took two others of different subjects.

I can't clone anything out as I don't have the software but you've doe a good job there.

Try Chasysdraw, it's quite easy to use and free ;)

Hi Andy

Sense , ....what is it about this challenge that makes people try n hurt themselves :D Good detail in the fingers, sharp focus ( no pun intended !) simple shot but on theme :) Gonna be mega picky now....top rh corner needs some cloning or cropping of the small darker patch & kind of want a whiter bg .......

Ending.....2nd version works better but another vote for maybe standing dead centre looking down the tracks

Last edited:
Hi Andy

Sense , ....what is it about this challenge that makes people try n hurt themselves :D Good detail in the fingers, sharp focus ( no pun intended !) simple shot but on theme :) Gonna be mega picky now....top rh corner needs some cloning or cropping of the small darker patch & kind of want a whiter bg .......

Ending.....2nd version works better but another vote for maybe standing dead centre looking down the tracks

You have really good eyesight, I had no idea that mark was even there. The background is an old envelope I had lying around lol.

I'm actually leaning over a fence to take the shot, and there was no access from the other side of the track :(

Sense - good picture, well lit and shot. Close cropping is fine for me.

Ending - I like #2. Don't listen to those comedians telling you to stand in the middle of the track - it's dangerous out there:)

Back