weekly Andy0306 52 attempt - Vertical, Loud and reshoot, added.

Sense - After seeing JasonGlyn's similar-ish shot using a needle I have to ask where's your commitment. It needed blood :D:D

Ending - The edit is a definite improvement and brings the focus on to the main subject.

2nd shot much better. I don't like the railings on the right coming out of the buffer though, a lower viewpoint could avoid that.

Sense - I like the idea of this, would maybe have composed with 1 finger from bottom Left with the needle coming from the top Right corner. Nice focus on the finger, being picky there is a dark spot top RH corner.

Ending - Crop and clone works better could have cloned the Red so it didn't look so flakey :thinking:

Struggled with this one, we only had the one ballon which was going down; and the better half didn't want her face on show.
A Van Der Graaf generator would have been handy for better effect (she refused to let me connect her to the mains :whistle:), so a balloon will have to suffice :)

Positive
by Andydf, on Flickr

Struggled with this one, we only had the one ballon which was going down; and the better half didn't want her face on show.
A Van Der Graaf generator would have been handy for better effect (she refused to let me connect her to the mains :whistle:), so a balloon will have to suffice :)

Tell her she has no sense of adventure! ........
electricf.gif
:D

Good fun take on the theme Andy (y)

Works for the theme Andy... like the catchlight on the balloon and the positive charge is nice and evident (y)

Maybe you can edge Mrs 0306 to reveal an eyebrow in a few weeks... come this time next year she will be ripping her kit off to get in the images :D

nice shot excellent idea.(y)

I was going to do exactly the same shot with the same unwilling to participate wife. Now for plan B

Works for the theme Andy... like the catchlight on the balloon and the positive charge is nice and evident (y)

Maybe you can edge Mrs 0306 to reveal an eyebrow in a few weeks... come this time next year she will be ripping her kit off to get in the images :D

She said she will if you do it first :naughty:

.... love the complexity of the shot.

beautiful head of hair and pink balloon.

everything is beautiful.

Hi andy. not keen on old shots being used so no comment there.

sense is really good - sharp and clear, with the whitening of the skin confirming the pressure applied by the needle.

ending - the end of the line, nice red on the buffer with the blue in the sky - great job taking out the post. (Watch for repetition if you have to cover a large area from a small source though - that's generally the biggest giveaway of cloning something out)

and teh ballon with the hair I like too - even without any recognisable features. :) the detail in the hair is good, and the roundness of the ballon works really well up in the top corner

Hi, like that really good idea and well executed and i do like the composition its all it needs to be :clap:

Great idea for the positive theme - did make me smile (as did your comment about your wife's reluctance to be connected to the national grid!)

I think DOF is fine as is, the building in the Bg is blurred enough for me, focus is on the daff, with its bright yellow colour brought out nicely and accurately, the bright blue sky says springtime to me perfectly.

The inside of the trumpet (is that the right word) is in shade but I think that helps. Too often the sun can blow yellows and tend to lose definition which hasn't been done here. Good use of a low POV. I'm wondering whether even lower would have shown more of the inside of the flower head.

Hi, I might get out for some flavour photography. As Peter said nice low angle. Decent detail but the sun is a major issue here. Sun set/rise with nice soft light would really take it up a level. Pity about the upper sky as well.

Cheers.

Back